View Poll Results: Webmerge - Do you use it?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already use it and love it!

20 36.36%
  • I don't understand it.

14 25.45%
  • I haven't been able to spend the $79.00

3 5.45%
  • I'd use it if it were a little less expensive

2 3.64%
  • I write my own code

16 29.09%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello team,

I am curious to know if you are presently using WebMerge and if not why not?

Please list your reasons if you are not currently a WebMerge user. I want all of you to know, this program absolutely rocks!!

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

[This message was edited by Andy Rodriguez on October 08, 2003 at 05:53 PM.]

None of the above.

I write my own asp pages to display information out of a database.

I don't see the need to buy something I can do myself and no matter how wonderful a tool is, hand coding is always more flexible.

Besides, if I found a tool to "help me" do everything I wouldn't learn anything new. That's no fun!

SJohnson@NO_Spam_ClickMagazine.Net
    www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    You should add the "I write my own code" option t0 the poll Andy.. we have a lot of savvy affiliates

I use it and love it, although I'm trying to learn PHP/MySQL meanwhile

Javi

-------------
    <font size="1">Ladies and Gentleman you are being robbed every day, you know it and you're not doing anything about it. When is enough, enough? </font>

[This message was edited by Javi on October 08, 2003 at 06:01 PM.]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Done....

Main reason for the poll is that i want to work out a special promotion where i would "pay back" any affiliate partner that would buy the software and use it to generate links for my merchants. I would give you a special price on purchase and refund you another portion once you earned your first check with any of my merchants.

This of course would only be open to current non-webmerge users, to empower them with this awesome tool so they can start earning a better living with affiliate marketing.

For the non - code writers, this really gives them an incredible edge.

AndyRodriguez.com
    Affiliate Program Management
    and Consulting Services
    P: (305) 412-3512
    C: (305) 785-4524
    E: doc@andyrodriguez.com
    W: www.andyrodriguez.com
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor

ABW Ambassador
    I write my own code.

I downloaded the free version just too see what it was, and it got me a little confusing... not really sure how to use it. read the instructions but they lost me. I code my own static pages with html.

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

To be persuasive, we must be believable.To be believable, we must be credible. To be credible, we must be truthful. Edward R. Murrow

"you can do anything, if you put your mind to it!"

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone not using Webmerge and not writing their own code is losing out BIG time.

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I found it a bit confusing, but mainly don't use it as it is somewhat restrictive and does not do all that I had hoped it would do (like PHP scripts would do).

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

It never ceases to amaze me how the folks that "write" all their own code seem to feel they are above the rest in this business.

I purchased WebMerge about nine-months ago. It paid for itself after about two-months, and has now paid for itself dozens of times over. This is the kind of return you can expect.

As for the offer that Andy is hinting at, well it's a bargain and most of you will do very well by it (except for those of you that code your own database driven pages - and won't touch a tool that cheats one's intellect). There are now dozens of merchants that offer (free) feeds, and it is easy build sites with lots of spiderable pages.

The down side, is that you will need a little more storage space at your host. Of course, if you code your own, then you don't need too much storage space, because the pages are served up each time someone visits a page. (You need to think about that from am SE standpoint.) PHP is awesome, I'm glad I took the time to learn it - it has it's place.

Sorry for the rant. Andy has a good program, and is much better at returning emails now - stick with him.

Fred

You might just be a Spammer if - Your welcome mat says, "You'd better have a search warrant."

I have to echo Jason, here. I too downloaded the free version. What the heck I am supposed to do with it is one too many for me.

Mr.Merchant, if you do business in any way what-so-ever with parasites, your products will not be sold on my sites!!

LISTEN! CJ don't give no whistles no more! I can hear the music of another piper!

*****BLATANT HINT*****

Maybe someone who understands WebMerge could create a few pages on what it does, how it works, how to set it up, and explain how others could make money using it with a feed. All done in "baby talk" so everyone could understand it. Sometimes the guidelines written by companies that put this stuff out don't make a lot of sense.

They could also take the opportunity to explain how much money everyone could make using certain affiliate programs with data feeds...

*****END OF BLATANT HINT*****

My Brother understands data bases, feeds, etc., but I haven't really done much with them yet. It's something I'm looking into though.

Andy

"It never ceases to amaze me how the folks that "write" all their own code seem to feel they are above the rest in this business.

I purchased WebMerge about nine-months ago. It paid for itself after about two-months, and has now paid for itself dozens of times over. This is the kind of return you can expect."

I think that was a bit harsh and I don't see any of that attitude in this thread. Webmerge is a tool, just like hand coding is a tool. Use what tools you have available to you, to the best of your ability.

I'm sure Webmerge is a good tool, I've heard great things about it here, but it will never be as good as hand coding. It's like the difference between home cooking and fast food. Home cooking will always be better! (as long as I'm NOT cooking!)

www.ClickMagazine.Net

SSanf - Yep too out of my brain knowledge at the moment. Very confusing...

Jason
    xtremeshopping.org
    aim: ssn jason
    <a href="http://www.xtremeshopping.org/affiliateconsulting.html"target="_blank">Xtreme's partnership information<a>

"One thing life taught me: if you are interested, you never have to look for new interests. They come to you. When you are genuinely interested in one thing, it will always lead to something else" Eleanor Roosevelt

I'd be willing to download it and figure it out in exchange for some expert advice on the sites I'm building. There's a free eval copy?

I'm pretty good at "baby talk"! LOL

Tell me where to get it?

www.ClickMagazine.Net

ABW Ambassador
    I use the full version, and it is very difficult at first, but when you figure it all out, it is easy (as is everything really)
    Anyone need advice, PM me and I will see what I can come up with.
    Before Webmerge, I was earning $1,200 per month. Now, I am earning a lot more. Obviously not just Webmerge, but it helped.
    You can't just use Webmerge and expect miracles. It just isn't that easy. However, if you have the right approach, and are willing to do some work, you can do well with Webmerge

www.cjshoppingnetwork.com

I love it. It took me a week to figure out, but now it is a snap. I can put together over a thousand product pages in less than 10min after I have designed the template.

I downloaded the trial, tried it for several hours, never got anything to quite come together, emailed Richard and never got a reply, tried again several weeks later, had a little more success but not enough to build a page and so forgot about using it and went on building static pages.

An easy to understand tutorial would do wonders for those of us not quite tech savvy enough to get it to funtion properly.

I write my own. It's more work but I have a lot more flexibility. For example I can use hyphens in my file names, which I think is on tap for version 2.4 of webmerge.
    I have been keeping my eye on webmerge and I will consider upcoming releases. It's a cool tool.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

Andy,

I am still learning way too much (NOT) as quick as I can. I don't know webmerge but I would imagine my many years in IT and work with Databases would make it pretty easy.

The last was sort of a question which I would love if someone could answer.

Thanks,

Ron

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. - Bill Cosby

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It never ceases to amaze me how the folks that "write" all their own code seem to feel they are above the rest in this business.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Where are people saying they are above you?

But I have been a db programmer for going on 15 years. Why would i buy a product that is not as flexible or at least doesn't do it the way i want to? Doesn't have a search function - does it even track clicks out? Does it track and rotate low performing products off the main pages? Move things to specials sections if they are selling? Hot items? Popular out links? Create dynamic banners?

If so I would look at it, but if it doesn't do this, and I already do this - why?

Chet

Just Lurking
    I don't use it. I've been programming more than 20 years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It never ceases to amaze me how the folks that "write" all their own code seem to feel they are above the rest in this business.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Reading this thread, I'm trying to figure out where that came from? I assure you I only qualify as a code writer when it comes to this business I'm a complete newb.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The down side, is that you will need a little more storage space at your host. Of course, if you code your own, then you don't need too much storage space, because the pages are served up each time someone visits a page. (You need to think about that from am SE standpoint.) PHP is awesome, I'm glad I took the time to learn it - it has it's place.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I generate static HTML using PHP which is upload to my server, SE's love it. Last time I checked Databases took up space.

I think if Andy makes such an offer, it might help people who don't have 20 years of experience and I sure the wouldn't look down on anyone who took him up on it.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Where are people saying they are above you? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's an attitude of some people I've seen crop up occasionally...sometimes blatant, sometimes not. But certain (not all) people who write their own code are quite snooty about it!

It is a beautiful thing, to do nothing, and then rest afterwards.~Spanish Proverb

whats the diffrences between full and trial version?

UtOpiA StiLL uNBorN

Question for Webmerge users and anyone else generating static files from datafeeds: How often do you update the files (ie. run the program again and then move all the new files up to the server)?

Thanks

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Doesn't have a search function - does it even track clicks out? Does it track and rotate low performing products off the main pages? Move things to specials sections if they are selling? Hot items? Popular out links? Create dynamic banners? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This sounds like you're using a datafeed to create a database driven website. It's really comparing apples to oranges. You might as well say that webmerge doen't have a shopping cart either. Webmerge was never intended to do those advanced functions. It's purpose was to place large amounts of data on the web.

<hr>
    Leave the gun, take the cannolis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast