Has the SSE datafeed changed? Our tech manager said there was some change in structure, etc., when downloading from ezdatafeed. Chris said nothing's changed on his end.

Help! We want to sell more electronics!

Karl Smith >>> phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here
    ---------
    Beware Parasiteware! It is stealing your money! >>> click here to learn more

Looks like it changed to double pipe

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    We do have some problems in there, just downloaded....

Let me dig...

<font face="Arial" size="2">Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services</font>
    <font size="2" face="Arial">E: doc@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM &amp; MSN: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010
    www.andyrodriguez.com - Get on my team, sign up for my newsletter, learn and earn!</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial">Programs Managed - Join Now! >> Superstore-Electronics.com | SurplusComputers.com | BestForeignParts.com | 5DollarSoftware.com | BettyMills.com</font>

TJ:

That term meant something to our Tech Mgr., so we might be on the same page!

---------

Karl, do you know when he last updated the datafeed? To my knowledge and in looking at the file timestamp for the configuration files for superstore, nothing has changed in months.

The double pipes is because Superstore has pipes in their descriptions.

Chris

----------------------------
    <FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Chris:

Most recently late last week.

---------

Interesting. I did a quick search and found a post from 10/1 last year where Andy announced that it changed to a double pipe format. Here is the link - http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...144#5296093144

Chris

<FONT SIZE=1>ezDatafeed.com - Merchants - Give your affiliates your datafeed outside the networks, without cost to the affiliate. Check out ezDatafeed.com for more information.
    Scriptsforyoursite.com - Featuring datafeed import scripts for Backcountry Store, Coldwater Creek, Mondera.com and many more.....</font>

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    The problem is not the double pipes...we can live with that. There are some corrupted lines in the feed itself and we are loading a clean copy now.

<font face="Arial" size="2">Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services</font>
    <font size="2" face="Arial">E: doc@andyrodriguez.com | P: (305) 412-3512 | AIM &amp; MSN: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010
    www.andyrodriguez.com - Get on my team, sign up for my newsletter, learn and earn!</font>

<font size="2" face="Arial">Programs Managed - Join Now! >> Superstore-Electronics.com | SurplusComputers.com | BestForeignParts.com | 5DollarSoftware.com | BettyMills.com</font>

Funny, haven't had trouble up until now. Is there a reason it's double-pipe? I only ask because our tech mgr. says it's the only feed we get with the double piple.

In the end, we can work around it by using the PSC; just trying to do due diligence before doing anything else.

(Chris - thanks again for your help!)

---------

The reason I mentioned double pipes is because TJ sounded like it was something new. I knew that it had changed but I didn't remember exactly how long ago until I did a search.

Karl, How often did you update before last week? Was that the first time you noticed a problem.

I want to track do the problem, be it on my end or elsewhere. So far, all this is isolated to Superstore.

Chris

Karl, check your PMs.

Chris

[This message was edited by cditty on February 11, 2004 at 03:17 PM.]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cditty:
    The reason I mentioned double pipes is because TJ sounded like it was something new. I knew that it had changed but I didn't remember exactly how long ago until I did a search.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>oops... sorry, was comparing it to a 11/10 feed

It's been a double pipe ever since I started using it, a couple months now.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread