Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Andy;

I just received two email from you or your "computer", not sure; but, both mentioned that I don't have merchant links up on my site.

For every merchant I signed up for under your program - I put links up the very same day. I am concerned that my efforts are not paying off - and now especially with your two emails asking why I haven't put up any links.

Is everything I'm doing in vain? Google knocked my PR back down to 0 again this AM and this afternoon your telling me I don't have links recorded.

If you truly want to help - go for it. I'm all eyes and ears and on the edge of my seat.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I got a "put some links up" dunning notice too.

THIS kind of thing is a shining example of why I won't just give my contact info to every merchant and his nephew!

"Is your website functioning properly?" That's absolute proof of the point I made, that merchants send out totally uninformed suggestions and offers to "help" without even looking at the site of the affiliate in question!

Most merchants don't get to try sending me an email like that twice--my normal reaction to such "hurry up" notices is to respond with the Drop Program Button.

Andy's built up some "goodwill points" so I didn't hit drop, but a lot of those points were spent with that patronizing email.

If I was more awake (It's time for bed--day is for sleeping!) I may have written this differently, but I hit the main points.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Leader - yes, you did hit on the very point of my frustration...

From Andy's Email:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>John, whatever the reason is, I would like to help you if I can. I want to do my best to correct any problems, issues or challenges you may be having that is not allowing you to get a monthly check from me.

I want to start sending you a check every month. I want you to succeed with our program and I'm prepared to do whatever it takes to get you a check. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I joined many of Andy's programs - simply because I felt others here on ABW think highly of him and his programs. I have no other way to gauge my decisions - for the moment.

I would love to get an email from a merchant that actually looked at my pages and offered suggestions - actually help me make a freak'n sale.

Being new at this, one might imagine that I'm spending a good 10 hours or so putting pages together for each new merchant - granted my goal is to make myself some money; but, doesn't that merchant get the lions share? So wouldn't it be wise for a merchant program manager to every once in a while check and suggest or praise or do something? It just seems to me the affiliates that get the most assistance are the ones that need it the least (are already making money).

I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling abit frustrated today.

I'll get over it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I would love to get an email from a merchant that actually looked at my pages and offered suggestions - actually help me make a freak'n sale. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Andy is one of the few AM's that will go the extra mile to give affiliates one-on-one help, and actually knows the methods to make you successful, give him a call or a PM and he will work with you.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    I don't know, maybe I'm just feeling abit frustrated today.

I'll get over it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I think this is just a small hiccough in their system, it seems everyone received the email, I wouldn't worry about it

I replied to Andy's message. It is really a BeFree thing. Does anyone have their site listed more than once in the BF system?

In my case we have sent business to Surplus, and had sales.

We'll see what happens.

Fred

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello and a Happy Sunday afternoon to all,

First, let me apologize for the emails, that will teach me not to work at 2 AM on a Saturday night - 2 emails went out on the BF system, one for BFP and one for Surplus Computers.

I made a mistake in the filtering and the selection of records of the lists and consequently, some of you recieved the activation email when you weren't supposed to. User error, my user error.

The email was an activation email, designed to get inactive partners on the ball and find out why they signed up for a program and still didn't have any links up yet. We do this on a regular basis, it's part of my job to activate and help those that have signed up but can't get a check. Step #1 is to get active on the program.

No, I didn't check 3,000 sites for links in a few hours, I use software to determine the activity and if any clicks are present in a given time period. Some of you that are indeed generating clicks and sales got filtered in when I set the various filters available. One of those filters I used was the "enroll date", I am going to contact BF because I think that may have overriden the other variables I set, I'm not sure yet.

The email was only supposed to go to inactive partners, those that have not generated any clicks or sales to the programs in the last 45 days.

Regardless, my apologies if you got the email and you have clicks coming in.

On a good note, many people woke up as they usually do with these activation email drops

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Andy,

You may be of help in about 2 weeks. I apreciate your email.

I have had a few set backs (nothing to do w/ Surplus Computers):

2 partners leave and retraining replacements.

A hard drive crashed along w/the backed up data (all my web designed
    pages) and the backing up software did not do as I thought it would.
    Files have to almost be restored one by one. What a lesson I learned. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are now up and running on my affiliate's page. I will start spreading the word to my customers to use that link to shop on your web site.

Thanks,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Thank you Andy, I needed that. I was just thinking about SC.
    At any rate, I see you are located in South Florida. I'm from South Florida...and have been thinking about opening up a small store there.
    Does SC have a distributing operation with Net30/60 terms.
    Please let me know because I would like to do more than just be an affiliate of SC. Love your stuff!

Thanking you in advance, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> your link on my site was disabled so i removed it. i will put a link to you back on my site <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> You are on the site and our site works well. People have just not clicked your link.

We both need this to work so I will look to reposition your banner.

Thanks for the notice. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hmm,

I don't recall this one, is there a feed I can get to? Is it with befree?

Paul <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I have set up a new site http://www.car-XXXXX.com Still waiting to be crawled by search engines.

Thank you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hello Andy:

computer's is next on my mall sit. At this time i dont have any problems except finding the time I had to put this on the back burner for a little bit. Right now this affiliate marketing is my second career, Plan on makeing it my primary one. It's taking me longer than i planed but i will b back on it this weekend. thnks for your concern and willing to help. sence I'm the newbie i allready have a mental list of ? but im going to wait till i get this site up then i will fine tune it with the answers to my ?. Again thnks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Done! You should see activity now. I look forward with working with you.

Thanks,
    Brad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I appreciate the email, we did have a link set up but the page was replaced & the link was not, I am working on it today.

Thanks,
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hi, Andy!

Yes, I am still interested. I apologize for the recent inactivity. I have been distracted over the past few months, with an ongoing "emergency"
    condition at my regular job and then a huge family tragedy, and just have not had the time to participate in the things I really enjoy, such as internet marketing, but do plan to be back on track really soon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Hi Andy,

We are still here and we are definitely interested in making a little money.
    I want to thank you for your patience with us to date, and ask that you continue to bear with us for a short while longer as we workout the final details within our data management systems. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Plus many more that I won't quote here for lack of space, you get the picture. Bottom line, the emails went to whom they were supposed to and some to whom they weren't, if you are in the weren't group, again my apologies. At the end of the day, if I can get another check out the door next month to an affiliate that is striving to get their first check with affiliate marketing or needs just one more sale to get to the BF $25.00 minimum to receive a check, I've done my job. The affiliate wins, the merchant wins and I get to keep my job. Isn't that what affiliate marketing is all about?

BTW, for those of you that asked for help, please add me to your IM list, I can always be reached by IM when I'm online and you may also call me direct. There are many here that will vouche for the effectiveness of IM in this industry.

I will also be adding more content to my affiliate marketing emails, SEO tips, datafeed usage tips and ways you can earn more in our industry. If you haven't signed up for my marketing emails, you can by sending a blank email to: andy.2077.99@optinpro.com or by signing up directly on my site, www.andyrodriguez.com

Thanks again for all your support and my sincere apologies for the email filtering blunder
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I think the emails are great. I've gotten a couple now from Andy and, no matter how he sends them out, I appreciate hearing from any Affiliate Manager that is interested in taking the time to help me find ways to make sales.

It may be a mass mailing, so to speak, but he is sincere in wanting to help you one to one if needed.

Thanks Andy!
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

I just received a return email from Andy and I really do appreciate where he is coming from. Of course when I received the email, I didn't know it wasn't targeted for me.

The fact that he returned my email and addressed this thread has me satisfied and given me enhanced confidence in his managed programs.

I should remember that there are so many affiliates (3000 ? wow) out there that he is dealing with.

Thanks for being honest with me and the rest of us Andy - much appreciated.

Human error - hell, I experience that little problem every time I turn the computer on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guam:
    Thanks for being honest with me and the rest of us Andy - much appreciated.

Human error - hell, I experience that little problem every time I turn the computer on! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John,

I am human and I do make mistakes, I'm not above that and I will always admit to it when it happens...

As far as being honest, well I was brought up by a father that taught me values and that there is nothing stronger than a man's word and his honesty - I live by that rule. I applied those values as I was growing in the affiliate marketing industry. Long story short, when I wasn't able to be honest to my partners, I resigned from the company and here I am....it's all well documented on web ink...

Anyway, let's sell some products...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

My BFP links *aren't* showing to the general public, so it would have been aimed at me. Rest assured that "activation notices" will not change whether they get shown. All the talk in the world won't change the fact that the feed is total junk, and the Script's output is destined to rot at the bottom of Google if any kind of competition at all shows up.

I can spend hours frustrating myself with that in order to get the output I WANT (as opposed to what Guffy thinks is nice--no offense to Guffy), or I can go on to merchants that have nice, clean feeds that run exactly how I want with only a couple of mouse clicks.

Guess which wins.

~~~~~~~~~~

I see a lot offered friendly explanations, and some thanked you. And I'm not surprised that some people do not mind having their shoulders watched over. Sadly, they have come to accept such indignity as a side-effect from doing too much empl*yment.

But wanting to be watched over IS for employees--not serious, self-employed businesspeople. If I was willing to deal with that I would have kept a j*b.

I'm also not too thrilled with the attempt to get me to like it just because some others didn't mind. If I think something sucks, it makes no difference to me if you can come up with 100 or even 100,000 people that like it. No matter *what* a person does, there will ALWAYS be SOMEBODY willing to send their kudos. That doesn't make it a good idea.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I can always be reached by IM when I'm online <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grrrr... REACHED, sure. TALKED TO? Not for more than 3 minutes! The last time I IM'd you, you WENT TO BED without ever saying goodbye or giving any hint at all that you weren't still right there at the computer. I had figured that your lack of response had been because something distracted you--I found out you weren't even there only because the next time I typed something, your IM autoresponder said something like "a guy has to sleep sometime." It was NOT late.

Just thinking about that incident jacked up my blood pressure. And it's not the first time I found myself "talking into the air" after believing your public pleas to "just IM you." It WAS the first time I got hung up on, though. I had been PRAISING one of your programs, too!

I have to say that when I first joined ABW I heard many wonderful things about Andy R. I have tried to contact Andy a number of times and with poor success. When I do get an answer it is usually after about a week. I have thought about calling him direct but do I really want to spend the money for a call if I am getting the same kind of response I do now.

I have pondered why this is so and I can only come to 2 possible conclusions.

1. Since my business is only a second income a t this time and I only make 3 or 4 figures a month then maybe I am too small and I don't get the attention that a high volume affiliate gets from Andy.

or

2. Andy has bitten off more than any one person could possibly chew and is spread way too thin to really be there for most of us.

I don't know but it most be one of those?

I have to agree with RonWLS and Leader on this on Andy. There have been/was too many times that I needed to talk to you about something and I im'd you. Not once, but over a period of 3 or 4 days. I never once got a reply. And this was during business hours.

On the flip side, when I did finally get you, you were helpful.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Action Jackson - King of the World
    but we are employees

What Chris said.

Fred

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>The last time I IM'd you, you WENT TO BED without ever saying goodbye or giving any hint at all that you weren't still right there at the computer. I had figured that your lack of response had been because something distracted you <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL, if Ditty got uptight with this type of IM, he'd never talk to me again... or me him for that matter

And to think TJ. I was actually talking nice about you tonight.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.

You must have a very good command of the English language Chris ............

I tried to think of something good to say about TJ but i had no luck
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Thanks Chris, I could expect that from YOU!

and Gordon... what can I say? Bloody Limey!! :lol:
    Rosey Bear Boutique
    Dressy Children's Fashions With Style!
    5% Commission : NYS Merch : Parasite FREE
       Akoss Hosting
    We also provide reseller accounts for ABW members.
    Ask for details

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronWLS:
    I have to say that when I first joined ABW I heard many wonderful things about Andy R. I have tried to contact Andy a number of times and with poor success. When I do get an answer it is usually after about a week. I have thought about calling him direct but do I really want to spend the money for a call if I am getting the same kind of response I do now.

I have pondered why this is so and I can only come to 2 possible conclusions.

1. Since my business is only a second income a t this time and I only make 3 or 4 figures a month then maybe I am too small and I don't get the attention that a high volume affiliate gets from Andy.

or

2. Andy has bitten off more than any one person could possibly chew and is spread way too thin to really be there for most of us.

I don't know but it most be one of those? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron, it's the second. Not through lack of trying, either.

Folks,

I have AM's in training, support personel already hired and in training as well. Full commercial office going live late May, beginning of June. Will have seating for a staff of 8, 4 of which are already on board in training...

I now have 10 accounts and have stopped accepting any new merchants as of May 2004. Next 6 months the focus in on adding mass and growing the current merchant's affiliate revenue channels. We will be adding a slew of different services for affiliates and merchants, good stuff coming...

Look out for my affiliate marketing book to be released soon too...

http and a telephoto
    Good luck with the expansion Andy, I'll be waiting for the improved communications. The emails I have sent to you recently and not so recently are still unanswered. I have links up to over half the programs and hope you really do have better tools coming, because there are problems with most of the merchants.

I am not participating in the "Andy Bashing" but pointing out that I have been working to no avail with each of these merchants. I most likely won't work with BFP any longer and am about to can Betty Mills pages too. I will give them another month or so. The category structure is too deep and the spiders won't go there.

Andy, I think you need to work with these merchants to make better tools and in a couple of cases, better websites once we send them traffic. I'll check back in June when the dust settles....
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I most likely won't work with BFP any longer and am about to can Betty Mills pages too. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bash or not, the results sound the same.

Thing is, I would have never touched either program with a 10-foot pole under normal circumstances. I gave those obvious dogs a chance only because people spoke so highly of "Andy's programs."

[Edited to clarify] I'm not calling Betty a dog because of lack of conversion ratio. It converts okay. Rather, the fact that even top 10 listings in Google under certain items didn't bring much traffic tells me that there is a huge lack of demand in comparison with a lot of things I'm promoting. [end edit]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but we are employees~Jackson <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No we are not. Empl*yees are those things that punch clocks and only get designated breaks. And that have to justify how they spend their time, and explain reasons for productivity or lack of it. We DO NOT have to tolerate such conditions to make money. We are not empl*yees!

If you want to think of yourself as one, that's your preference. But in reality, affiliates are SELF-employed people running OUR OWN businesses, and even the IRS gets that fact.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> LOL, if Ditty got uptight with this type of IM, he'd never talk to me again... or me him for that matter~Tj <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*Makes note to never IM either Tj or Ditty*

[Edited to clarify]

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>*Makes note to never IM either Tj or Ditty* <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not that bad. TJ is the one to watch. Esp when he gets woken up via im.

Chris

It's possible to wake someone up via IM??

Yikes, I'm glad I always turn the computer off when I go to bed...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast