As the title suggests we are looking for feedback on the BestForeignParts site (www.bestforeignparts.com). As many have stated, the conversion rate at BFP is not what one would desire. In an effort to improve the conversion ratio of the site, we are beginning the steps to redesign the look and feel and would like you feed back.

We have already targeted a few areas for improvement, they are as follows:
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Change logo at top and overall scheme to portray a more professional appearance.
    <LI>More readily display what forms of payment are accepted and what security measures are being used during checkout etc...
    <LI>Change navigation to be more entry-level web-user intuitive. Basic, plain underlined links.[/list]
    Any other areas of recommendation anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Brian

I spent 5 minutes or so looking around and didn't see a single part . I tried a 2001 Ford Mustang (starting at the main screen and clicking 2001). I did find a steering rack but the part was tempoarily unavaiable.

It's hard to buy anything if you can't find anything that's avialable. I suggest you hide anything that doesn't have parts in stock, to make it easier for your customer to find stuff.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VideoJ:
    I spent 5 minutes or so looking around and didn't see a single part . I tried a 2001 Ford Mustang (starting at the main screen and clicking 2001). I did find a steering rack but the part was tempoarily unavaiable.

It's hard to buy anything if you can't find anything that's avialable. I suggest you hide anything that doesn't have parts in stock, to make it easier for your customer to find stuff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks for takin the time to look. If you search for Foreign Makes you will find a much larger selection of parts available. I will review what makes/models are there and see if we can cut out some of the empty stuff.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Change logo at top and overall scheme to portray a more professional appearance.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Change navigation to be more entry-level web-user intuitive. Basic, plain underlined links. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

YES!!

One other thing, the Search needs to be able to handle plain-English terms and not just part numbers. A lot of people will have no idea what part number it is--and if you're using a proprietary numbering system, make that almost nobody who will know the part number!

I know they can go through the make/model steps, but it also should be possible to type something like "mirrors" in and get satisfaction. Plus, it's counterintuitive to use make/model for accessories that aren't really for a particular car. For instance, if that universal brake and clutch bleeder I see there wasn't featured on the front page, chances are nobody'd ever find it.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Conversion rate? In a word...shitty.

And the bfp script is weak too. That needs to change. The datafeed scenario I have complained about a few times..that thing, for me, is unusable.

It really doesn't deserve a spot on my site, but the stuff should sell I have high rankings for foreign auto stuff.

---

Oh the site....the front page.

You should seperate the year and make...maybe horizontally..the two columns next two each other is confusing.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by limey:
    Conversion rate? In a word...shitty.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is a bit of an understatement...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    And the bfp script is weak too. That needs to change. The datafeed scenario I have complained about a few times..that thing, for me, is unusable.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Major changes to the datafeed are coming soon, but I have to get the site to convert first or it won't matter for anyone.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    It really doesn't deserve a spot on my site, but the stuff should sell I have high rankings for foreign auto stuff.

---

Oh the site....the front page.

You should seperate the year and make...maybe horizontally..the two columns next two each other is confusing. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never actually like that part of the site Andy recomended it so we went with it. Before Andy had us make changes, we had just the dropdown lists that are at the bottom of the page now. I think that is a more intuitive navigation then the two boxes of links.

Thanks for the feed back

I am quickly losing confidence with BFP I've sent almost 1200 clicks for 2 small sales. ($9.83 comish)

I'm not the type that tries to get the most visitors, I try to ensure my visitors are looking for what I'm selling, this should relate to better than average conversion figures but in the case of BFP it just isn't working.

I hope Andy gets back soon from Vegas I need some advice, I cannot keep sending my traffic for nothing.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Action Jackson - King of the World
    I am seeing a sale out of every 106 clicks. What is everyone else seeing?

I probably have some of the best traffic for BFP and I get nothing.

I got more sales with 1 dumb banner that rotated as my alternative ads for google.

I am now using the BFP script supplied by Guffster. Which no offense to him, is not hot at all. My clicks and ctr have actually gone down.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> (With the script) My clicks and ctr have actually gone down. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

IMO the Script is SEO-resistant. That's why I decided I needed to go ahead and force that feed into cooperation with how I did my other car parts sections.

I finally managed to generate a clean list of distinct products from that Infernal Feed. This took MySQL, and also a tool to make the table since I wasn't about to enter BeFree's 75 or so (mostly unused) fields by hand.

Hopefully the changes to the BFP site will make the frustration spent on that worth the effort. (Yes I finally did make a section...certainly not because of this thread [reports of stinky CR != motivation] or that newbie email, but because I wasn't about to let that *&^&% feed win!)
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Guffster is not at all offended that some do not find the script as hot as they would like.

However, it is not my script that is at question here, it is the ability of the BFP site to convert clicks to sales.

FWIW I have sent 1948 clicks this month for just 5 sales so far.
    It is this low conversion rate that needs addressing here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guffy:
    Guffster is not at all offended that some do not find the script as hot as they would like.

However, it is not my script that is at question here, it is the ability of the BFP site to convert clicks to sales.

It is this low conversion rate that needs addressing here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It is being address, I am hoping to have a new site live by Monday. More specific feedback will go a long way at this point to improving the conversion ratio.

Slightly off topic but what is considered a "good" conversion ratio, my goal is 90% but that might be unrealistic...

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Slightly off topic but what is considered a "good" conversion ratio, my goal is 90% but that might be unrealistic... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hi Brian,
    Depends on the product, but I would normally expect a minimum conversion rate around 1 sale per 100 clicks if a merchant is to stay on my site for any length of time.

Hey Brian,

Guffy is right anything above 1% is good. Anything over 3% is great and anything over 5% is outstanding. If you are over 10%, then it's super duper outstanding.

Of course, this is only my own benchmark. And it also depends on the type and amount of traffic that lands on your website. ie. Affiliate who can send highly converting traffic may not be able to send you 10,000 / month and the ones who can send you 10,000 may not be as highly converting.

I think last year's Affstat indicates that if you are above 3%-5%, you are above industry standard. Or did I just make that up?

I don't normally release inprocess ideas but was looking for feed back on this. New Site Sketch This is a low res image of where I am headed with things right now. Any thoughts? Will it sell? suggestions?

thanks

That should help..

101 clickthrus 1 sale

PM sent.

Brian, get my PM buddy?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    Brian, get my PM buddy? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I got it, sorry for not responding... Trying to get the new site done... Only days away till the launch...

BrianJ are you involved with BFPs? I have been trying to find out why I got a sale and no commission. It's taking way too long for info on this. Can you HELP??? I sure need it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronWLS:
    BrianJ are you involved with BFPs? I have been trying to find out why I got a sale and no commission. It's taking way too long for info on this. Can you HELP??? I sure need it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes in some ways, Iwill forward this on to Craig to find out what is going on.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guffy:

It is this low conversion rate that needs addressing here. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please read, the BFP program is closing down as of June 30 2004.

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...4394#546104394
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ronWLS:
    BrianJ are you involved with BFPs? I have been trying to find out why I got a sale and no commission. It's taking way too long for info on this. Can you HELP??? I sure need it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ron, I researched your sale and it was a good sale. I will credit your account asap and you should see it reflected on your reports.

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

24. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread