Whats a guy to do to get credited for a sale thru surpluscomputer ??????????????
    I've emailed , I've emailed , I've posted , I've been told it'll be looked into ,I was told I would be emailed and NOTHING !!!! come on , Are you running a legit program here or what ?

What seems to be the problem with surpluscomputer?

Just trying to get credit on a sales that I made thru them . They don't respond to email and I get the run around on these forums ...

Let me see what I can do to help. Give me some background info on the sale.

FlaGuy,

Before Spider gives you information, perhaps you should identify yourself. Are you an employee of SurplusComputers or do you work for Andy? I know I'd be hesitant to give out information to a stranger here at ABW with only 2 posts.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 7-days:
    FlaGuy,

Before Spider gives you information, perhaps you should identify yourself. Are you an employee of SurplusComputers or do you work for Andy? I know I'd be hesitant to give out information to a stranger here at ABW with only 2 posts. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi all,

FlaGuy is working with me, he has been in training behind the scenes on several projects, he will become much more active here in the coming weeks as we settle in the new office.

His name is Orestes and we go back many years. I'll let him take over now and intro himself....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

7-days is correct.

I should identify my self a little better.
    I am working as an Affiliate Mgr. in training with Andy. I have been working behind the scenes with Andy doing banner ads and learning about being an AM with Andy.
    I've known Andy for quite a few years and we have worked together in the past. I was working as a graphic designer for a ad agency doing print ad campaigns. You will all be hearing from me more from now on as I take on more duties. I look forward to working with you all in the future.

Orestes aka FlaGuy

Thanks 7-day ...
    FlaGuy ...I made a purchase back at the end of march , 2 power supplies , using my id# in the link. I received my order but was not credited for the sale. I've posted a few times and e-mailed SC and Andy . Never did hear anything back from SC . Andy said he would e-mail me (almost a monyh ago).
    Date of order 03/31/04 Order#154541
    Invoice#547213 ..if you need anymore info ,Plaese ask.

spider

FlaGuy,

Welcome, welcome, welcome. I'm sure Andy is glad to have you aboard.

Sorry for being sceptical, but we get folks in here every day asking for all our secrets.

Will you be working with one specific program, in this case SurplusComputers, or can we expect support from you for all of the AR programs?

BTW, what part of Florida are you in? I used to be the district manager for a sales company for Georgia, Florida and Alabama and traveled those areas a great deal. I REALLY miss that when winter hits up North here.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

7-Days

Right now no one in specific. I'm in training
    mode right now with Andy. I'm in the So. Fla area.

well , your sure training him right andy! he's avoided me for a week now with no answer to my problem...keep up the good work guys!

Hey FlaGuy,

I too have a problem with a sale that I didn't get commission for with BFP. I sure would appreciate some help as it's been a couple of months now and no word on what's up.

Ron

What happened ? Flaguy, you asked if you could help, then you vanished.... You'd think that you guys would want to at least try to fix the problems as fast as possible. It makes this program and the management look awful bad.
    "Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management" you guys are the go between , between the affiliates and the companies that we sell for , thats your job (am I wrong here?) this has been going on since the end of march, we're heading into june , are you guys just going to ignore this? If so you guys need to find another line of work!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider:
    What happened ? Flaguy, you asked if you could help, then you vanished.... You'd think that you guys would want to at least try to fix the problems as fast as possible. It makes this program and the management look awful bad.
    "Andy Rodriguez, Affiliate Program Management" you guys are the go between , between the affiliates and the companies that we sell for , thats your job (am I wrong here?) this has been going on since the end of march, we're heading into june , are you guys just going to ignore this? If so you guys need to find another line of work! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spider,

Mike replied to your post on his forum on 5/11/04 here:

http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...9774#658109774

I have been back and forth with Mike on this, the order number you gave does not matrch up with anything ordered during those days. He gave you his personal email, mmak@surpluscomputers.com, please contact him to give him additional information.

As for us being the go between, we run the affilaite program and we do oversee tracking issues, but when the orders have problems or the order numbers don't match up, it's not a tracking problem anymore. Regardeless, i'm sure he will get to the bottom of it.

Thanks,
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy,
    I just sent an e-mail with a copy of the invoice to mike. And the order # I gave here is the same order # on the invoice. So its not an Order number mismatch and the order was delivered to me just like I placed the order , and billed to me just like I orderd , so its not an order problem..looks to me like it is an tracking problem...Regardless, maybe mike can figure it out.

thanks

spider

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Spider:
    Andy,
    I just sent an e-mail with a copy of the invoice to mike. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spider please let me know when this is resolved...

Andy! Man you must be busy! I've IM and Emailed - maybe this will work. I have a sale from onlinediscountmart below is the tracking number. The order was already received!

But, there is absolutely nothing tracked when I check my stats at intrepid - only shows 24 clicks for the entire month so far. That alone seems a bit low to me; but, perhaps... But, the sale - I know was made because I had my family make the purchase just to check if whole thing is working for me or not.

Seems it's not.

The shipper's tracking number is 1Z7509120355775889

This is the most frustrating thing in the world! How am I to know that all these hours are actually going to pay-off or not?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guam:
    Andy! Man you must be busy! I've IM and Emailed - maybe this will work. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John,

You IM'ed me this morning at 9:00 am....

I show 33 clicks for your site as of now for the month. Please send me the URL your son used to make the order, all the url's I am tracking from you give me the 404 message on your site:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Ah Shoot! A freak'n
    Error message...

JD Services Guam - Sorry, but the file your looking for is missing. (...really sorry!)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We are tracking orders on Intrepid for all 3 sites, a number of scenarios may have occured that caused your order to ship without an affiliate id.

As for clicks, you need at least over 1,000 clicks to really look at a valid sampling. You should get 10 sales with 1,000 clicks from any merchant.

I am rather busy now as well, finshing new home and moving into a bigger office as we speak...the madness will be complete by June...i'm sorry i couldn't get to your IM this morning..

Thanks,

Andy: Thanks for taking the time to IM with me this AM. I understand this is not a tracking problem on your side. Apparently there is a problem on my side. I sure don't know what it could be though.

From what I understand, my pages use upper and lower case letters in the url (i.e. About_Time.htm)- but, your tracking only about_time.htm and that causes error 404.

So, now I'm completely lost. With well over 600 mg of files - I can't even think about going through every file to make 'em lower case. Could this be a server problem on my side?

TOO MUCH STRESS!

I think I'm going to

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>With well over 600 mg of files - I can't even think about going through every file to make 'em lower case. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You might try asking for help in the coding forum--I vaguely remember reading that there's some fairly easy way around this problem, but I can't remember just what it is. Maybe one of the coding gurus will tell you the trick...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Some FTP programs can be set to force lower case

That is an option that can be set in WS_FTP
    CharPaula
    Staying focused on the bottomline

Charpaula:

Yes, your correct and I can set my FTP to do just that. The problem is, I've already built all my pages (over a couple of months) and the FTP software will not reset all the internal links contained within the pages. Just the urls I upload. Basically, I have to start from scratch - at least that's what it's looking like.

What I don't understand is why wouldn't I know about this already - long before building a huge amount of files? If this is common knowledge, why wouldn't there be some instruction or some guidance or warning or something regarding this issue out there in affilate land. Apparently this is only an affiliate issue - 'cuz my sites work just fine on their own (I have no broken links that I know of).

I get a data feed, clean it up, let webmerge build the pages based on my template and I upload. Simple right? The data feed is in upper-lower case; hence, the url generated is in upper-lower case.

Nothing, no where did I see anything to instruct me to reformat an entire database to lowercase first before building pages if my server was a certain type (case sensitive). I can't be the only affiliate on the planet using a case sensitive server. This (important) information should be part of affiliate's 101 or something... Shouldn't a merchant warn it's affiliates first before they build a heap of links? Shouldn't webmerge mention it somewhere in it's help file or tools folder or something?

FRUSTRATING!!!!

I have followed this thread a little bit and am a bit confused. The problem is that Andy/merchant cannot find the refering pages because you use mixed cases and their reports are all lower cased.

Wouldn't that be a problem on Andy's/Merchant's end? I'm not trying to start anything by this, but Guam is worring about stuff that he shouldn't be. Granted lowercase is great and offers a good deal of compatiblity, but even I use mixed cases everynow and then. I think the problem lies in the reporting and not on Guam's end.

Again, not trying to start something, just throwing in my $0.02.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Well there goes another week and a half and still no reply to my problem ...mike is just as bad!
    1 little order and no one knows what going on.

Well there goes another week and a half and still no reply to my problem ...mike is just as bad!
    1 little order and no one knows what going on. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Spider,

Mike will be getting back to you, he is the one who can help you with your problem, I have no control of Mike's back end ordering system or for that fact any of my merchants ordering system. I have spoken to him about your situation and he is aware....

Thanks..

26. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread