View Poll Results: ARC's One Year Anniversary...

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Give away cash!!

3 18.75%
  • Give away products!!

2 12.50%
  • $50.00 a day - Best blast from the past post?

0 0%
  • Sponsor an ABW get together?

6 37.50%
  • Just continue to run great programs !

5 31.25%
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    It seems like yesterday, but last year on August 27, 2003 at this time I was already planning on how I was going to announce my departure. The announcement came 2 days later, both to the ABW community and to my former employer: http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...9&m=4416069014 ...

I really enjoyed working there and building what has been regarded by many as the fastest growing and one of the most successful affiliate programs on the web. I had been feeling for a few months that a part of me was dying, something I had created and taken on with such a personal interest was, well, being forced apart by people that didn't understand. A battle had been waged inside of me between who I was and how I was being told I had to be. I don't think I was ever placed in a position before where my values were ever challenged in that manner. On August 29, 2003 it sank in, I said to myself, Andy, it's nothing personal, it's just business. Time to move on....

I sit here today writing this in my office, surrounded by my creature comforts, knowing that I am working in the same field, running the same type of programs and knowing that no one can challenge my moral and ethical decisions on how I run my business. You can't imagine what a great feeling that is. One year later, the personal satisfaction of working with so many of you and seeing so many of you succeed is immesurable. On a financial level, the rewards are 8 fold. It has been a great year and wait till you see what we have stored for the next 12 months.

I am still amazed at the synergies we created, the loyalty, the drive and commitments of so many of you working all hours of the day and night for a common goal. It was truly a high point in my personal and professional life and I truly want to thank the many of you that made that possible in my life.

So, what do we do for a one year celebration? What does a community of this nature want? Besides the money of course, let's get creative. I want to have a month long celebration and am looking for ideas...

Someone suggested an "ABW Post Hunt" where the best recap of the ARC history, BTD and ATD wins a cash prize. Maybe get some products together from our merchants to give away? Raffle? Dunno, open to ideas....

I'm sure Charlie will come up with a good one....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Andy:

Hats off on a great milestone and an example of how successful someone can be simply by doing things the right way.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Hey andy
    congrats and all the best
    Keep the integrity and honesty to the people you work with and things will always be right

Heres to hoping for many more anniversaries

Congrats Andy. Keep up the good work.

Spider Man

Congrat Andy!! Just to let you know I voted for a ABW get together hmmmm Mangos south beach
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by nyfalcon:
    Congrat Andy!! Just to let you know I voted for a ABW get together hmmmm Mangos south beach <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hehe, nothing wrong with a Mango's get together...Mangos South Beach

Seriously though, how many would be up for a Miami get together? I may have a great deal on Hotel accomodations. We may even get a certain new client to get involved. We can even do Orlando....

Open to all ideas....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Congrats Andy, hope everything continues to go well for you.

As for a get together, it would depend on the time and how much notice I had, Miami sounds great, but, as a reward I say just give me something different everyday for a month, hehe.

Lets see, it's 80' with 80% humidity here now in WI but I'm sure snow is just around the corner.. Florida is sounding pretty good already

Congrats Andy, I truly believed you would be very successful. I remember well when I got the first news about the datafeed being pulled and was quite upset, as I spent most of my time working on my TD pages. Quite frankly I felt betrayed in a way and was totally let down. My TD "family" was a pleasure to interact with, which then spread to ABW. I finally had friends with an interest in the affiliate world and who I could talk to about all of this. I soon wondered, after hearing the news about the feed, how long you would stay around. I felt something you spent so much time working on had been taken apart.

Today, I'm glad you left and also glad you didn't leave this industry. I'm sure many folks here are tickled that you're such a success!! Here's wishing you many many more anniversaries, great events are worth celebrating (I know this well as I'll be celebrating 25 great years, on September 1, with my better half). I hope ARC sees 25 years with this industry.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

Congratulations, Andy.

You made a great decision then, and continue to to do so to this day.

I see the results myself.

You work hard to promote your programs, and work closely with your affiliate partners in continued efforts to help your affiliate partners profit from your ventures. Hats off to you.

To your continued success!

Todd

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Todd Farmer:
    Congratulations, Andy.

You made a great decision then, and continue to to do so to this day.

I see the results myself.

You work hard to promote your programs, and work closely with your affiliate partners in continued efforts to help your affiliate partners profit from your ventures. Hats off to you.

To your continued success!

Todd <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you Todd....

I see this is your first post in ABW, you mean you came out of lurking mode just for me?

Ladies and Gentlemen,

The President of KowaBunga Technologies, Mr. Todd Farmer !!

Welcome to ABW buddy, glad to see you posting and on my forum for your first post - i'm honored.

&lt;&lt;&lt; applause please &gt;&gt;&gt;

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread