Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello everyone,

From now until Monday, we will be in and out of the office making pre liminary preparations for our dear friend "Frances". We will not be glued to the PC and will return any emails as soon as possible.

While we hope that she veers to the north into the Atlantic, it seems she is intent on coming for a visit and South Florida is in her sights in some way shape or form.

With an already impressive 135 miles per hour wind, category 4, we are not taking any chances on this one.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> REPORTS FROM AN AIR FORCE RESERVE HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT INDICATE
    THAT MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS HAVE INCREASED TO NEAR 135 MPH...215
    KM/HR...WITH HIGHER GUSTS. SOME STRENGTHENING IS POSSIBLE DURING
    THE NEXT 24 HOURS. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even with all the advances in technology and parasites stealing commissions, they still haven't found an exact formula for predicting these storms...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> DATA FROM THE RECENT
    SYNOPTIC SURVEILLANCE MISSION HAD SOME INTERESTING EFFECTS ON THE
    DYNAMICAL MODELS. THE GFS...WHICH HAS BEEN A LEFT OUTLIER MOST OF
    THE TIME...HAS SHIFTED WELL TO THE RIGHT AND IS NOW A RIGHT
    OUTLIER...MOVING FRANCES NORTHWARD ALONG 77-78W AFTER 72 HR. THE
    NOGAPS...WHICH HAS BEEN A RIGHT OUTLIER...IS NOW A LEFT OUTLIER
    CALLING FOR LANDFALL IN SOUTHEASTERN FLORIDA. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/text/refresh.../310839.shtml?

Been through Andrew in 92', taking no chances on Frances...

Will be in touch soon....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Andy, you guys stay safe. That is the most important thing of all. It can certainly be a pain to prepare for these storms, but they are very unpredictable and nothing to be taken lightly. It's easy to forget what it can be like to experince even a Category I up close and personal. I made that mistake a couple years back as I decided to ride one out. It occurred to me as I spent my night in the bathroom in the dark feeling my walls shake from the wind and listening to thunder of trees falling to the ground (while comtemplating the dozen plus 70 foot trees I had in my own yard) that maybe I hadn't been the brightest lightbulb in the world in deciding to stay.

You guys take care. While I'll hope for a veer off into the Atlantic, you do what you have to do.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    You, and your family stay safe my friend

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Good luck Andy. Been there, done that, and it sucks. We just sold our last piece of property in Florida and I'm very relieved. The closing was delayed because of Charlie.

Hubby was in Sunrise for Andrew which hit on his Goddaughter's christening day. He claims he doesn't go to church anymore because the last time he went all of south Florida paid for it.

UBGOOD!

Stay safe and let us hear from you on the other side!
    Ebudae

Good luck hopefully this thing will do a u-turn and go back out to sea.

Ms B why do I have the feeling you were probably in the middle of downloading some spyware and didn't want to leave the house
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Good luck, Andy. The hurricanes sure seem to have a grudge against FL this year!
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Well, the last update shows 2 possible scenarios, one of them hitting south florida in the eye, a bulls eye....the other shows it making landfall in central Florida. The margin of error they are predicting is huge though.

One thing is certain, this will enter through Florida but this is will not stop at Florida. For any of you reading this that are located in the southeastern part of the country, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina's, take notice. This is a major cat 4, winds at 140 MPH and forecasted to get to 155+ before landfall. This will affect many more areas than South Florida.

@Ms. B, if it comes by us at the south end, you are right on the track as it crosses the gulf....keep a close eye..
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

ABW Ambassador
    Damn, Florida is taking a hit this year. You guys be careful. My parents in Orlando finally got things up and running again just a few days ago, were without internet and phone for awhile. Hopefully not as bad with this one.

Oh no! Not again
    Please keep safe,I hope it dissapates or turns back out to sea.

No matter where this lands in Florida, it will affect all of Florida...

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/WATL/IR4/20.jpg

tropical force winds extend out over 250 miles from the center

Good luck to the ARC crew and their families, hope all works out well.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

I have Family in Puerto Rico and my aunt just told me on the phone. "Thank god you made us use cement to build." They didn't experience much wind but it rained like crazy and the water fall on her property is overflowing.

This is terrible!

You take care!

I don't think we have even heard from Buddha since the last one went his way.

Don't fool around. Run if you see the first indication that you should.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; One thing is certain, this will enter through Florida but this is will not stop at Florida. For any of you reading this that are located in the southeastern part of the country, Florida, Alabama, Georgia and the Carolina's, take notice. This is a major cat 4, winds at 140 MPH and forecasted to get to 155+ before landfall. This will affect many more areas than South Florida.

Like Andy says I was here when Andrew in 92' too and you have to prepare somehow.

Unless you are in a Concrete Block or Cement Poured Home do not stay there.

Dade got all of Andrew...Broward got scraped.

I think Broward is going to get slammed or scraped again. I really hope it turns north off the coast.

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    &gt; I think Broward is going to get slammed

If this track is correct from Palm Beach on up looks grim.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics...F/010253W5.gif

"From now until Monday, we will be in and out of the office making pre liminary preparations for our dear friend "Frances". We will not be glued to the PC and will return any emails as soon as possible."

Andy, how can you use that as an excuse for anything?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mr. Sal:
    Andy, how can you use that as an excuse for anything? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr. Sal,

Very simple...

1. Been through a major cat 4 in 92', lost our roof.
    2. I own my own business.
    3. Work very close with all my merchants and am in constant contact with them.
    4. Because my family is more important than any amount of revenue.
    5. Because without preparations, I may not have a business.

Any questions?

Cripes! Is that all?
    You would neglect us for those piddly reasons?

I'm crushed.
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SSanf:
    You would neglect us for those piddly reasons?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. Because my family is more important than any amount of revenue.

Sandra, you and ABW are family ...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Maximum sustained winds are near 140 mph...220 km/hr...with higher
    gusts....a category 4 hurricane on the Saffir-Simpson hurricane
    scale. While fluctuations in intensity are expected during the
    next 24 hours...Frances could still intensify a little more before
    reaching the Hurricane Warning area.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 80 miles...130 km...
    from the center...and tropical storm force winds extend outward up
    to 185 miles...295 km. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Sal in case you possibly misunderstood Andy's post which I think is the case. Frances is a Category 4 Hurricane (Category 5 is as high as the scale goes for how severe a Hurricane is), not an actual person.

This storm is projected to have sustained winds of 155 mph when it reaches land (that means there will be gusts that far exceed that speed). Andy is located in Miami which is in the forecasted direct landfall of the Hurricane.

If there is even a chance that a Category 4 Hurricane is coming your way, you get the heck away and you take all measures you can before you leave to secure your property. Then you pray when you get back that you still have property left standing. But at least you still have your health and even life.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    If there is even a chance that a Category 4 Hurricane is coming your way, you get the heck away and you take all measures you can before you leave to secure your property. Then you pray when you get back that you still have property left standing. But at least you still have your health and even life. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For the many of you that didn't meet "Andrew in 92", here are some images of what I experienced first hand:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew6.gif
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew4.gif
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew3.gif
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew2.gif
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew5.gif
    http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/1992andrew1.gif

Andrew was a category 4 storm, 140 MPH winds.

I love South Florida, but once in a while we get these unwanted blow jobs

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> unwanted blow jobs <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I didn't know there was such a thing.

Good grief - just checked out the pics.

Take care of yourself
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

Andy,

Having gone through Georges I can "feel your pain" - having worked with FEMA I can tell you that 3 gallons of water per person per day is what you need to save just in case. Frances' wind speed will not decrease significally since it will most likely gain strength in the warm waters and will not go over a significant land mass (Bahamas) to cause it to break up. So, having said that, take a week vacation and get your family out of harms way like "pronto".

Good luck,

Gil
    A. Gil de Lamadrid
    eCommerce Manager
    Consumers Interstate Corporation

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast