Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Good Morning;

This will be the hardest posting I will ever have to make.
    Effective this September 30, 2004, Superstore Electronics has closed.

This decision was made in light of recently conversations with my merchant processor, who since the 2nd week of July, has not forwarded funds received from our customers, to our company.

Needless to say, we have began legal proceedings. But unfortunately, I could not hold out and delay this pending action any longer. To do so, would be not only unfair to our customers, but also to our partners who have worked very, very hard to build this company.

I want to take this time to thank everyone involved in the affiliate marketing of SSE. It was my honor to work with you. I would especially like to thank Andy for his hard work and understanding. Over the past year, his work with me; for me, and for you; speaks volumes as to the type of individual he is.

I apologize that everyone is getting broadsided with this. It was not intentional. I have enough unkept promises regarding monies owed to last a life time but not sufficient monies to filfill or restore inventory levels, and with no resolution in sight, felt prolonging this was an even greater disservice.

I will be in conversation with SAS and Andy today, and will ensure all monies and orders outstanding will be addressed. I cannot assure that everything will be looked after by days end, but I can assure you that everything will be looked after!!

Again, I want to thank everyone for helping me over the past year. You are wonderful and genuine people that I respect greatly.

Hope we cross paths again in the future.

Rob Siegmund
    Superstore Electronics

[edited to change3 the title of the thread and to move the post into the ARC forum]

Post deleted due to borish insensitivity!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

My commiserations.

Thank you for past commissions

Wishing you the best of luck for the future.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Damn shame you get blindsided by the financial bean counters seeing the risks of electronics drop shippers. Good luck in the future and I'm sure Andy will land on his feet.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Post deleted due to borish insensitivity!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

I am sorry to hear that Rob. I know what it feels like to close down a baby that you worked so hard on. Better luck is around the corner.

SSanf, how about a little compassion for the man? He is being forced to close down his livelyhood and you can't even console him? Rob has done nothing but work with us and this is the thanks he gets. If you want help finding a new feed, show some respect and do it in another thread in the main forum. Not in his out of business thread. This is just poor taste.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Rob,

Best of luck with everything and I wish you much success in future endeavors.

You are right and I stand corrected. As you all well know, sensitivity is not my strong point.

I honestly appreciate the correction, THIS TIME.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello everyone,

I will be speaking with Rob today, and we may have a plan.

I want to ask you, do not remove any links currently on your site.

We may be able to find a solution to this and salvage your traffic. We all have worked very hard to build up affiliate traffic over the last year, I am looking at ways to salvage that and not have it go to waste.

At one point I was looking take over the company for Rob, sort of a partnership where we would run the front end and all the marketing. Unfortunately, managing 12 affiliate programs, we neither had the time or resources to dedicate to that type of operation.

We still may have a solution, don't despair. I will try every possibility to salvage our hard work over the last year.

@Rob: It was a pleasure working with you, hope you get resolution to the financial problems and get back on your feet. I will look forward to working with you again. Also, you can waive any financial obligations with ARC - you are covered. Take care of yourself and your family.
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Yes, take care of yourself, first.

Best wishes. I have had it all and lost it all, myself. So, I do know how it is. It is painful. But, the good news is when one door closes, another opens. Life goes on and anyone can be happy if they choose to even in the worst of circumstances. This, too, will pass. It always does.

OK, Andy, leaving links up but they all have images as well.

Rob:

Wow. You know we've always been a big, big fan of SSE. In fact, I was going to click on over to buy a gift for my wife today!

While I know this was a difficult decision, I realize that you have more difficult times ahead with regard to cleaning up the financial mess. Best of luck moving forward!

Andy: Keep us informed, please. We've been seeing steady click-throughs on SSE and would love to find another ARC-endorsed merchant to leverage!

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    Really sorry to hear this, hope you manage to get through the chaos okay. Just hang tough!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

I'm not an affiliate, but I'm very sorry to hear of this. I hope Andy R's plan will work out for everyone.

In today's business climate, it's so difficult sometimes to deal with other companies. They all want to hold on to cash as long as they possibly can, even if it isn't theirs to hold on to!

Best of luck, and I hope everything works out for the best!

Andy

Really sorry to hear this Rob, good luck to you.
    Greg Rice Affiliate Program Management
    www.gocmc.com info(AT)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223

Join us! - MiNeeds.com | DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply | Feng Shui Plaza

now If superstore Electronics is closing today, Why should we leave links up? won't they be dead? Good luck Rob with your Future Endeavors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jasonco12:
    now If superstore Electronics is closing today, Why should we leave links up? won't they be dead? Good luck Rob with your Future Endeavors. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

J,

Negotiations are underway to secure a buyer and redirect this traffic. I don't want any of you to have "wasted" a years worht of building, I'd rather redirect all your traffic, continue to operate the buss and get you paid for your efforts...that's the idea. Let's see how it develops.

Brian at SAS can do the magic on the back end. I can ensure the transition and continue to manage the program until the transition is over....

Goal is not to waste your affiliate efforts and capitalize on the season...

more later...
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

okay cool.... sounds like a plan.. I'll keep them up now.

No waste here, that's why we have adsense.

ABW Ambassador
    Oof, that sucks. I really felt for you when you where having your issues with the fraud, I hope this isn't a carry over from that. Sucks how people can destroy an honest business that way.

Best of luck.

Chet

All links are dead! So, now what? If a temp. fix isn't posted by end-of-day today - all my thousand links will be deleted.

I was this close to really getting rolling with these guys.

Having been on the Sh*t-end of the stick before, my heart goes out to you Rob (and to some extent Andy). Good luck...

Fred

Rob
    It was a pleasure working with you and I am sure you will land on your feet in no time.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

It's October 3rd on my end. Links are still dead and NO FOLLOW-UP from Andy.

I've just deleted another thousand pages from my site - just in time for XMAS.

Sorry this had to happen to anyone; but, Andy - No Follow-up?

This is an Andy Forum isn't it? Superstore's is already closed. Last word was Keep Them Up - Something will be done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by guam:
    It's October 3rd on my end. Links are still dead and NO FOLLOW-UP from Andy.

I've just deleted another thousand pages from my site - just in time for XMAS.

Sorry this had to happen to anyone; but, Andy - No Follow-up?

This is an Andy Forum isn't it? Superstore's is already closed. Last word was Keep Them Up - Something will be done. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi John,

I said we "may" have a solution. We did have a potential buyer for the domain and the traffic but the deal fell through. The goal was to salvage your traffic, it was for everyones benefit. That deal fell through, didn't happen.

You may remove all your links, however, if it were my site, I would not remove any links.

If it were my site, I would do a server side redirect, send the traffic somewhere where it would have a chance to convert. I would do this on a temporary basis, you never know what may be around the corner and where the current links can lead to...of course, that is only my opinion. You can do as you please...

ABW Ambassador
    I agree with not removing pages. Remove the buy links and just put up adsense. If you have traffic, why lose it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast