Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Hello team,

We are offering a 15 day FREE trial of Secure IE for anyone that wants to get familiar with the software.

You can download Secure IE here.

Let me know your comments, thoughs and opinions....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

Knock knock, hello anybody home?

I am looking for feedback and an evaluation of this software for my merchant. We are open to working with you to make this the ultimate affiliate security and parasite trapper product on the market....
    Andy Rodriguez Consulting, Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services, Since 2001
    www.andyrodriguez.com | E: abw@andyrodriguez.com | P: (888) 931-ANDY (2639) | Skype: affiliatedoctor | AIM & MSN: AffiliateDoctor | Subscribe To Our ABW Forum Posts | Follow me on Twitter | Join Our Affiliate Programs

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima

$60 for a web browser? Ouch. Sorry Andy. My people won't pay that. Esp with all the secure free alternatives out there.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

I agree with Chris ... our webmaster audience won't pay that steep pricing.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

Folks,

Thanks for your replies so far. We are inviting the creator of the software onto ABW to have an interactive session and answer your questions....

Secure IE is not $60.00 though, where are you seing that info?

I will have them come in and answer your questions....this is an awesome product....

Hello Everyone!

My name is Christin and I work at Winferno Software. I'm happy to answer any questions you have about the company or product. If I can't answer them right away I'll find someone who can.

The product sells through the affiliate program and on our website for $29.99.

We do offer bundles that go up to $60, but right now we are focused the standalone product for the affiliates. Where did you see the price at $60?

Drewbert - thanks for your link to microsoftsecurity.com - you are absolutely right! Folks do find IE lacking in security, which is why we developed our product.

Here's a link that compares the security features of our product vs. IE, and the free browsers:

http://www.winferno.com/guides/security.aspx

We have found that users are very concerned about browser security and are willing to pay for enhanced safety with our product. We have over 500,000 paid users of the product so far, and we think the affiliates can benefit from this.

We have optimized our marketing messages and landing pages for maximum conversion and are very open to working with affiliates to improve conversions for you.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I do encourage you to offer our product. Of course! I'm a merchant...

Cheers,
    Christin

Hello Christin,

The price of $29.95 sounds much better than the $60 I read on this thread. I did note that your still priced at $49.95 on the guides link above.

Suggestion: The only thing that I noted that may make some affiliates hesitate to join your affiliate program is the "View Tutorials for Secure IE 2004" found on http://www.winferno.com/secureie.aspx (near footer) .... the video movies popup screen over sizes the most common viewed resolution of 800x600.

I'd resize the movies to fit within the 800x600 resolution monitors. Moreover, I'd also remove the company branding URL shown in the browser movie and encourage your affiliates to include these movies in their promo advert pages if possible.

The movies actually explain much about the product and would act as a great marketing tool for your affiliates.
    Ray Thomas
    Webmaster Resources: http://DesignerWiz.com
    ABW Board Category: Programming / Coding
    http://forum.abestweb.com/forumdisplay.php?f=190

That's a great suggestion! Let me take it back to the developers and see what we can do.

As of right now, all of the links in CJ lead the user to an optimized landing page, so they wouldn't be linking the pages you are currently viewing.

The product on the browser security comparison page is the "Suite" - again a bundle of products. This is not currently offered through the affiliate program. That said, all buy links on our website do look for CJ cookies, so if they happen to make their way to the site and buy, you still get credit.

We could also make a specific affiliate-oriented page of the browser security comparison chart if you think that would help you sell. This would offer not the Suite but the standalone product.

Thanks so much for your feedback - we value it tremendously. I'll follow up on the movie idea...

Christin

C'mon, I know many of you have other questions?

This is a program still in the early stages, there are plenty of opportunities still available to clean up.....

Hi Christin. Welcome to ABW.

I got the $60 price by going to your site, http://www.secureie.com/index.aspx, and clicking on the order now image at the top. The next page says the product is $49.95 and a backup cd for $10.95 was added also.

This is how I got the $60 price.

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

if you could add a comparison to Fire Fox would be a good idea. Someone might assume Fire Fox has all the same features.
    dave

Although I trust the recommendations of Andy, but just out of curiosity want to know if Secure IE is affiliate friendly? I mean is there any featured turned on can hurt affiliate sites/links. Asking this as few of the, claim to be the best, anti-viruses and internet security software hurt affiliate sites very badly. Even to the extent of wiping them off completely.

I hope it doesn’t but better to get it cleared.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ahmar:
    Although I trust the recommendations of Andy, but just out of curiosity want to know if Secure IE is affiliate friendly? I mean is there any featured turned on can hurt affiliate sites/links. Asking this as few of the, claim to be the best, anti-viruses and internet security software hurt affiliate sites very badly. Even to the extent of wiping them off completely.

I hope it doesn’t but better to get it cleared. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Ahmar,

Thank you for trust, we would never stand behind any software that would be a detriment to the affiliate industry.

We looked at this and saw it as a way to "safeguard" the industry, it does block all BHO's and parasiteware.

It does not, by default block any affiliate cookies. You can read more here: http://www.winferno.com/affiliatefaq.aspx

I also have the staff at Winferno ready and standing by to answer any questions....

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kapsat:
    if you could add a comparison to Fire Fox would be a good idea. Someone might assume Fire Fox has all the same features. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Kapsat -

We use the latest and greatest version of Fire Fox for the comparison in the chart. Netscape, Mozilla and Firefox are all based on the same technology, so we take the latest version and do the comparison.

Christin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy Rodriguez:
    we would never stand behind any software that would be a detriment to the affiliate industry.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know you wouldnt thats why I said I trust your recommendations.

Thanks for the reply, right now I am reading the FAQs.
    <DT>[size=1][color=navy]"The best measure of a man's honesty isn't his income tax return.[/color][/size]<DT>[size=1][color=navy]It's the zero adjust on his bathroom scale." Arthur C. Clark[/color][/size]</DT>

Hi Kapsat -

We use the latest and greatest version of Fire Fox for the comparison in the chart. Netscape, Mozilla and Firefox are all based on the same technology, so we take the latest version and do the comparison.

Christin <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry Christin, My family keeps telling me i need glasses . I read the entire site twice and missed it.

BTW, Boston is getting Cold Now. I lived in Belmont for a few years.
    Last edited by Andy Rodriguez; January 25th, 2005 at 07:05 PM.
    dave

[/QUOTE]

BTW, Boston is getting Cold Now. I lived in Belmont for a few years.[/QUOTE]

Yup - we had 5 inches of snow on the ground Saturday morning! I LOVE IT! Bring it on!

Don't you miss the snow down there in LA?

The Snow is why i left. Too much Too long! I do sometimes miss Boston. (nice city in the Summer, Spring and Early Fall)

Sorry for temporary thread hijack Andy
    dave

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread