Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Conversation with 180 Solutions - by Sam Harrelson

"The desktop space has been a battleground between advertisers, publishers and affiliates in the online marketing industry for years. However, this sector only shows signs of growth....

"How do you feel about the affiliate publishers' claims of taking commissions from them, etc?"

quote:
    "It is really a win-win for users and advertisers and we believe the affiliate marketing community will come to see that as well."

Read it all here:

http://www.digitalmoses.com/backissu...815_trends.htm

Sure, it's a win-win.

180 solutions = win
    Merchants (they think) = win

So, win-win ... leaving affiliates out of the equation, of course.

Talk about delusional ...

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    At the end of the day, the affiliate networks themselves control and manage the commission process.

Someone should show this to Todd. It implies that CJ has some say in the scumware debate.

quote:
    ..our applications like Zango keep the Internet free.

Like the rooster taking credit for the sunrise.

Scumware. The new growth industry.

Wayne

quote:
    ..our applications like Zango keep the Internet free.

clutching chest ... lights dimming ... short of breath ... heart imploding ... brain neurons fusing ...

BTW, my nomination for most ridiculous statement of the year.

Geesh.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    quote:
    clutching chest ... lights dimming ... short of breath ... heart imploding ... brain neurons fusing

<~~~~~~ Runs real quick and grabs her wallet. Pulls out her CPR card to check the date. Erm...hadn't been expired tooooo long. Gives Karl a good shake. "Annie, Annie are you ok?" Look, listen, and feel......."Someone call 911!!!"

That article is nothing more than PR spin. I'm sure we'll be seeing lots of those types of things in the coming weeks/months.

You got to keep your sense of humor. Along those lines, am I the only one who skimmed the first bit of the article, thought yada, yada, yada, yeah, yeah, yeah and then died off laughing at the Google ads? They are on the bottom of the page also. Kinds of takes away from the effectiveness of the article. Do they realize they can control what ads are shown??

Ms. B: Thanks for the first aid ... and the visual ... talk about sweet, sweet irony!

LOL!! Great screenshot

Anyway, isn't it against the rules to display two adsense ads on a single page? Are they a premier member or something?

I'm curious if Google will be offering this feature any time soon. I'd love to have two sets of Adsense ads.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

ABW Ambassador
    Go to the adsense full faq and read number 3 under format. I believe you can have more than one ad per page. They just can't contain ads in common with the other ads or something like that.
    I forgot what I was doing.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The B-a-HO's, with the help of their network Ad Whore pimps (employees & AMs), think they can spin stolen commissions as ROI. Spend 1.00 and steal 2.00 from your competitor while shafting the real affiliates caught in the middle.

Infecting 300 million systems with drive-by hidden installs and Freebee bundling. ruining the shoppers systems in the process, means the Ad Whore thieves treat consumers as collateral damage.

Nice to see the crap rise to the top as floaters in the affiliate industry cesspool. Only losers according to them are duped consumers and 2 million domain bound affiliates.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Thanks to everyone who has posted feedback so far. We are planning to continue coverage on this important topic in upcoming newsletters.

If you have any specific tips on what to look for and what to ask of these companies, I'd be glad to hear it (sam@digitalmoses.com). Your input is important to us as we do follow-ups.

Also in yesterday's edition of the Digital Moses Confidential, we discussed the aspect of "consideration" and property rights in the realm of desktop advertising (under the Digital Thoughts article). Check out the rest of the newsletter here:
    http://www.digitalmoses.com/backissu....04152004.html

Thanks again for your feedback, and I look forward to hearing more of your comments-
    Sam

--
    Sam Harrelson
    Co-Editor
    Digital Moses Confidential
    sam@digitalmoses.com
    aim: sbharrelson22

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Hilarious screenshot!

quote:
    Anyway, isn't it against the rules to display two adsense ads on a single page? Are they a premier member or something?~Snib

The Term you're thinking of was referring to ad units, not individual ads.

I only see one Adsense unit on that page, over on the right. That's the skyscraper, which shows 4 individual ads per unit.

The new Terms are like bpal said. But I don't see how publishers can control this part when showing multiple units: "no ad unit shall contain any advertisement in common with any other ad unit."
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

quote:
    In effect, we are creating a new and improved version of the basic model that has long powered TV, radio and print publications – free content supported by advertising. Users every month are getting access to premium websites and applications as a result of our ability to deliver users 2 to 3 targeted websites a day. As a result, users are getting free content that is worth millions of dollars every month based on the amount of money we provide to online publishers.
    Sickening, absolutely sickening!

What bullshoot! That free content won't last very long if they keep stealing from almost every site out there!

As for the money they provide online publishers, I'm sure it's a drop in the bucket compared to what they've dishonestly TAKEN from others!

Andy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread