Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    I would like to introduce myself as one of the Affiliate Account Managers for 180solutions. I have read the various threads that have been posted on abestweb over the past few months. We value our relationships within the affiliate community and would like to address several of the issues that we have seen run rampant in the boards. I am more than happy to explain to you what 180 is all about, so please voice any of your concerns here.

Tommy
    180solutions.com

ABW Ambassador
    Do 100% of the people who have your software on their computers know that they do and knowingly wanted too? Does it come with an uninstaller or can it be removed using Add/Remove programs completely? If someone has this software on their computer, comes to my site and clicks a link do you pop advertising over my site or redirect my traffic? I don't have your software on my computer or have ever tested it out, so please explain exactly how it works and how it is distributed.

Was just reading some of the other posts in this forum. Some people are having trouble removing ncase. How do you remove it. Is everything on this page accurate? Thanks.

http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/nCase.html

ABW Ambassador
    Does any of your software or software that you obtain from others to use in your operations, collect and store any URLs that a user types in the browser window including URLs that may contain passwords or logins not related to your program?

Will you provide here a complete list of files or directories, both hidden and non-hidden, that the software you provide or use creates on a users computer?

Wayne

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    Wow are you brave!

How can merchants who cancelled their relationship with your company months ago, get their name off the purchasepost.com site and get you to remove their invalid links from your software so they can't continue to overwrite other affiliate's links? I know merchants who have tried to no avail.

ABW Ambassador
    I didn't know there still was a parasiteware forum here, it is so far down the page. I guess it has lost importance.

Anyways, I too would like to know how you answer charges that you partake in auto cookie setting and overwriting the coookies of the real referering affiliates.

Do the merchants not mind if you grab commissions thru auto-cookie setting?

Wow, I was expecting a response, but not such a quick response. The way that I will probably handle this is to answer all of the questions once to twice a day, rather than after each post. I will try and do this in the way that makes the most sense, so please dont flame me if you dont get a response immediately after you posting.

Thanks, and I look forward to adressing all of the concerns out their floating around.

Tommy
    180solutions.com

Well I'm gonna be blunt and to the point.

1/.How the hell do you have the nerve to try to get the good people of the USA to invest in your company knowing it is just a short step from a prison sentence due to your thieving ways?
    2/. Are you going to tell the people that you are nothing but a bunch of thieves dressed up as legitimate or will you skirt round that fact like so many other parasites do?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Gordon:

Please don't beat around the bush. You'll be better served by letting people know exactly how you feel about these things.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Ditto Karl in his first post.

Have some stuff to do right now. But I'll bbl.

Linda is right, you are brave.

Well I assume your intentions are to teach us about your company, so welcome. You do not have an easy task ahead of you here.

Anyway, Here are my questions:

-- What is your position at the company?
    -- What is the purpose of this outreach and education exercise to ABW?
    -- What do you hope to gain?
    -- Why are you doing this?
    -- Is anything we say here going to make a difference?

Finally, I kicked you out of my program when I started. And I got three calls asking to be allowed back in. Why should I let you back in. I have a FIRM no parisite policy.

Beth

http and a telephoto
    quote:
    Originally posted by phillyBurbs.com:

I expect some interesting dialog here, and don't expect Tommy to be very happy about it. I actually give him (or her) credit for having the guts to show up, and will be interested in answers and whether he sticks around. Tommy, you need to be here more than twice a day if you expect to be able to answer all the questions you are going to get!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I have been away from ABW for a few months now. I am back and did not expect to find a post from 180Solutions.

I am curious as to why you are here.

How long have you worked for 180Solutions?

Do you really have any idea how many negative opinions have been targeted towards 180Solutions?

Do you really hope to convince the members of ABW that 180 Solutions is a company that affiliates could ever have any respect for?

Why does 180Solutions make it so difficult to remove the parasitic software applications from an infected computer?

Do you think that 180Solutions should be held liable and be billed for the cost of NCase removal?

Do you object to having software installed on your personal computer without your consent or knowledge?

My wife now has NCase on her computer (which she got from me) she has no idea where it came from.

Do you think that you can explain why your software applications have any legitimate use for people who didn't even know that the software was on their computer in the first place?

How can you possibly defend 180Solutions in this forum?

Do you think that people should be educated about your service before the software is installed on their computer? Most people have no idea what they are doing when they use a computer. Their ignorance means more money for 180Solutions. How can you defend this?

ABW Ambassador
    Hi,

I'd like to introduce myself,

My name is happypoon -

I'm just thrilled to see you here and can't wait to see how you respond to the answers that have been and will be asked going forward.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Tommy,

Thanks for posting here, and coming to answer questions. Your job here will not be easy

I don't need any questions answered, but I will post the following in case there is anything you can do to make sure it reaches the correct people. We have tried, not always successfully to ask the following from 180 Solutions representatives - I have requested in the past:

Please refrain from signing up, or attempting to sign up as an affiliate on the Shareasale.com Network. Several different applications have been submitted using different domain names, etc... and I have asked when speaking to 180 Solutions Representatives that the practice be stopped. In the past couple of months or so, we have not seen an application - and I am hoping it is due to 180 Solutions adhering to this.

We would also ask, as we have on the phone again, that you do not allow anyone at any time for any reason to advertise a URL... ANY URL that has the Shareasale.com domain. As you know - some affiliates have been contacted by 180 Solutions to advertise on the service - which is one way to get around not being accepted directly into the program. This is most important to us, so again - at no time for any reason at all, should a Shareasale.com domain name ever be actively advertised using ANY of the 180 Solutions methods. This includes any past nCase methods, as well as Zango and anything else that 180 Solutions designs.

I won't dispute or argue with your business model here, but we have respectfully asked not to do business with your company in the past - and I would like to do so here again, and hope that it finds the correct ears.

[edited blatant grammar error. ]
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Come you masters of evil
    You that build all the BHO's
    You that build the parasites
    You that build the spyware
    You that hide behind walls
    You that hide behind desks
    I just want you to know
    I can see through your masks

You that never done nothin'
    But build to destroy
    You play with my world
    Like it's your little toy
    You put a parasite in my PC
    And you hide from my eyes
    And you turn and run farther
    And your lies will not fly

Like Judas of old
    You lie and deceive
    You are not that bad
    You want me to believe
    But I see through your eyes
    And I see through your brain
    Like I see through the water
    That runs down my drain

How much do I know
    To talk out of turn
    You might say I don't understand
    You might say I'm unlearned
    But there's one thing I know
    No matter what you say here or do,
    Even Jesus would never
    Forgive what you do

Let me ask you one question
    Is your money that good
    Will it buy you forgiveness
    Do you think that it could
    I think you will find
    When your death takes its toll
    All the money you made
    Will never buy back your soul

Ebudae

Ditto to Karl's first post

WOW!! Ebudae
    I gotta take my hat off to you for that post

Its a shame the guys n gals that run 180solutions don't have a soul between them thats worth saving.

I'm looking forward to the answers we get Tommy, I trust you will be giving us the truth and not the speil you have made up for your potential investors.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

s

quote:
    Originally posted by 180solutions - Tommy:
    Alright guys here is the first chunk of replies please be gentle as you rip into them. I have addressed each of you in the order that the posts went up so just scroll down for your answer, or if you feel so inclined read them all. A lot of them overlap, but that is too be expected. Also feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

I hope that this is a first good step—

Thanks-
    Tommy
    180solutions.com

Nothing was delivered
    And I tell this truth to you,
    Not out of spite or anger
    But simply because it's true.
    Now, I hope you won't object to this,
    Giving back all of what you owe,
    The fewer words you have to waste on this,
    The sooner you can go.

Nothing is better, nothing is best,
    Take heed of this and get plenty of rest.

Nothing was delivered
    But I can't say I sympathize
    With what your fate is going to be,
    Yes, for telling all those lies.
    Now you must provide some answers
    For what you sell has not been received,
    And the sooner you come up with them,
    The sooner you can leave.

Take heed of this and get plenty rest.

(Now you know)
    Nothing was delivered
    And it's up to you to say
    Just what you had in mind
    When you made ev'rybody pay.
    No, nothing was delivered,
    Yes, 'n' someone must explain
    That as long as it takes to do this
    Then that's how long that you'll remain.

Take heed of this and get plenty rest.
    ---------
    BD

Ebudae

In your interviews, you state that Zango is designed to help keep the internet free. My question is this, if you are popping windows up over my websites, taking my visitors away and displaying other affiliate sites that autoset cookies, how am I supposed to earn my money? Since you took the visitor from my site, when should I expect payment from Zango? The visitor used my bandwidth and cost me money, but they purchased something from the popup you popped over my site. Therefore, you used my bandwidth to snag my visitor and cost me money. When should I expect payment?

Chris
    Recycled Talent - Architects of custom scripts and snippets, perfectly written to suit any need. We stay on top of the latest technology so you don't have to.
    Total Stupidity - Shining light on stupid things.

Another question about how Zango is supposed to help keep the internet free...does that mean that thanks to Zango I won't have to pay my isp anymore?
    I don't understand that argument at all.
    The internet is not free and never will be unless someone wants to pay for my access.

Just as commercials on tv do not pay my cable bill..

ABW Ambassador
    It really boils down to 180Solutions wanting to make more money. However they do this will never make the Internet free.
    However you spin your responses, there is no escaping from the truth. I am sure that you are paid well for your public relations expertise. However, that is all it is, and all that it will ever be. You are here to try to 'win over' the people who frequent this forum.

You structure your answers to always make 180Sulutions seem to be innocent of all wrong-doings. However, your answers are only ever going to be public relations spiel.

It's quite probable that Tommy does not know what he meant by saying the internet is free. You have to bear in mind his vocabulary is totally different from ours.
    He is a member of the class that that is used to spouting crap that sounds nice to potential investors, they have lost all contact with the truth just like they have lost all contact with their morals and common sense. They either cannot see they are just thieves in disguise or they just don't care, I suspect the later is the case but we will let Tommy tell us himself.

YouTrek

http and a telephoto
    Well Tommy, educating US isn't going to happen. WE know what is going on, and apparently it is you folks that have your heads in the sand.

And the state of Utah and the FCC will have the last word when all is said and done, I hope you have your resume ready. You will be job hunting in a year or so.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast