ABW Ambassador
    http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040426/sfm057_1.html

quote:
    By partnering with Zango, Web publishers can generate new and recurring revenue, keep their sites clear of annoying banner ads and pop-ups, and offer consumers their best content for free.

Huh? They use popups, or is zango/180 extorting these sites by promising not to pop on them?

Scumbags all around.

Chet

They don't consider opening a new browser window a "popup" even though it "pops" up over the existing session... its all semantics

I think they don't understand english very well!

I don't speak or write better english but I understand what popping up on someone's sites is!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    "spin"

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Actually I think it more slides and slithers onto the screen snake like...no, it's more slug like, leaving a trail of sticky mucus (aka tracking code) all over the users PC.

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Ultimately it's so they can point to everyones T&C and say "we don't pop, we slither, so you can let us in now you totally suckers!"

They must imagine we're all stupid.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

They can try to sell it however they want, but the typical consumer will consider any new window opening on its own a pop-up.

Another example of taking advantage of consumers. They are going to force something on the consumer that most consumers DON'T WANT! Why that is so difficult to figure out is beyond me.

All I can say is, write to your elected officials, consumer rights groups, the FCC, and anyone else you can think of and COMPLAIN. Tell them these bundled software downloads are taking advantage of consumers, messing up our computers, and unfairly preventing web sites from doing business by stealing customers away.

With enough pressure from consumers, new laws will be enacted that will put an end to this for once and for all.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    Complain directly to the sites listed on the press release. I wrote an article on it and told people to write them.

One site listed has already backed out. I think it is pretty simple to show the people the 180 thread here, explain the issues, and they can see for themselves, using 180's own words, what scumbags they are.

They won't care from an affiliate perspective, but with the backlash from this type of software coming to a head, it is pretty easy to show them who they do not want to be associated with.

Also don't forget, n-case. Screw 180 renaming their software, people know and hate n-case, 180=n-case not 180=zango or something else they never heard of.

So take a minute, fire off an email or fill out a contact form for one or a couple of the sites listed.

Chet

What’s interesting - to answer some of your comments - is that in survey’s we have run with our users is that 7 out of 8 people do NOT consider the automatic display of a website like we do a “pop-up” ad. Yes, a website might be “popping” up, but users clearly indicated to us that they narrowly define a pop-up as a floating banner ad. We do feel that the industry term “over content” ad format more appropriately applies to what we do.

Also a study by Dynamic Logic summarized here talks about users feeling about ad supported content and the trade offs: http://www.dynamiclogic.com/press.php?id=13. I should note that we did not participate or fund that study. Anyway here is the overview:

“Dynamic Logic, a marketing research firm, today announced initial findings from the annual AdReaction Study that measures consumers' perceptions towards advertising. In part one of a three-part series of reports, results show that consumers feel the "appropriate" number of ads that appear over Web content, such as pop-ups, out-of-frame and floating ads, on the pages they are browsing is 2 per hour on average. Roughly one-third (32%) of respondents feel that no over-content ads are appropriate, even to support free Web content, while two-thirds feel that some over-content ads are acceptable.”

The key with our content partners is that in the sections that Zango has enabled – the website publishers are removing or eliminating pop-ups and other advertising. And in most cases the user was getting way more then 2-3 pops per session. That’s how Zango is reducing pop-up advertising.

As any of you can see from visiting any of our Zango partner websites, the offer to download Zango is presented in a very straight forward manner that goes well above and beyond the legal standards for providing informed consent. That coupled with our clear labeling, icon on the desktop, simple uninstall, labeling of the websites we present all tell the user what they are getting – free content in exchange for viewing 2 to 3 sponsored websites a day.

Tommy
    180solutions.com

ABW Ambassador
    Umm... no, no, no and finally no.

First, you are just transferring where the popups happen. You have moved them off to other sites. Site which may already have popups on them - thus increasing the popups for that site. Thus pissing people off at the wrong site.

Second. YOU POP UP ADS. End of story, quit dancing around it, you know I can say you popup ads and there is nothing you can legally do, because that is not splitting hairs. YOU POPUP ADS ON WEBSITES!!! I don't care how it appears, how it moves onto the site etc. IT IS A POPUP!

Third. I will just say, what you think is acceptable, and what the FTC thinks is acceptable seems to be two different things. Your partners are not clearly promoting what your product does and are being misleading. I have numerous screenshots of misleading information regarding your partners.

You are also clearly extorting websites to join your zango program or else they will have your popup ads on their site. I think that is extortion. I think how you promote your program to webmasters is extortion. And some of the webmasters even agree.

That should make a good news story.

Chet

Hey Tommy you lying little snot!! (if it weren't for this being Haiko's forum you'd get a much better class of cus words I can asure you)

I'm blazing friggin mad here.
    I've just looked through the cookies on my laptop prior to deleting some and I know for certain I have voluntary uploaded anything on to it and I find a friggin zango and a bloody n-case cookie (below), encrypted as per the slimy scumbag way of doing things that you guys seem to love.

I've also found others from your fellow assoles, ebates, schoolpop, wegcash, gator to name a few.

As an added extra that I noticed, quite a few of these slimey bastards are now doing something with their cookies that prevent you from opening them to view the contents on your computers.

Mind you I bet they are all CJ comfrigginpliant.

It is no bloody wonder our sales are down if these b*stards can get their cookies onto our computers as easy as they seem to do, without us going to their sites or without us clicking on anything even. I know this for certain, I totaly refuse to click on any ads or popups on my laptop I do not even have an email program on it and I do not go to sites that I do not know so theoreticaly my laptop should be 100% clean yet these b*stards are on it The only friggin way they can do this is by hidden popups.

Tell us some more porkies Tommy you lying little shit!!

Now tell me where the friggin hell do I look for the rest of the shit you guys are peddling?

__utma
    infinity.zango.com/
    __utmz
    173266555.1082602719.1.1.utmccn=(direct)|utmcsr=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)
    infinity.zango.com/

__utma
    n-case.com/
    __utmb
    n-case.com/
    __utmz
    156508068.1080982173.1.1.utmccn=(referral)|utmcsr=seattlepi.nwsource.com|utmcct=/business/167416_180folo02.html|utmcmd=referral
    n-case.com/
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

quote:
    Originally posted by 180solutions - Tommy:
    What’s interesting - to answer some of your comments - is that in survey’s we have run with our users is that 7 out of 8 people do NOT consider the automatic display of a website like we do a “pop-up” ad.

LOL.

You made a survey of the very same people who cause you no end of problems by not bothering to read, or being incapable of understanding, your End User License Agreement before 'agreeing' to be butt-f@cked by your software, and quote that as proof that your trail of slug slime is not a problem....

LOL

I apologise if anything I said in my previous post is offensive to slugs...

Tommy,

Why don't you run another survey and ask your users how they feel about theft and fraud on the internet. Be sure to explain that their favorite content sites, the ones they're viewing when your ads are popping up, are losing money because of your program.

Ask them how they'd feel if all their favorite content sites closed shop because your software is interfering with their income stream.

Ask them that, and see how much value they place on your software.

Andy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    in survey’s we have run with our users is that 7 out of 8 people do NOT consider the automatic display of a website like we do a “pop-up” ad.

I'd be interested in the demographics of your "survey." By "users" do you include only those who specifically intend to use your software or do you include everyone who finds that they are infected with your software?

I think I know the answer.

Wayne

Gordon
    The cookies that you found on your computer were from our web tracking software. It was when you visited one or more of our Zango partners as well as when you went to n-case.com

Tommy
    180solutions.com

Thank you for the reply Tommy but I can asure you I never went to your site nor did I ever go to n-case.com. As I said before these cookies are on my laptop. If I am going to someplace like 180solutions or n-case or ebates or whatever parasite you care to mention I go on my already infected computer not on my laptop.

Maybe one day I will find out how you got on this then I can let others know what to look for.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

18. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread