ABW Ambassador
    Hey, Tommy,

Just got 9 SPAM messages from MetricsDirect/180 Solutions in the past hour. (I have to keep updating the count since they're coming in faster than I can finish this post.) You're scraping every email address you can find on my site & sending the same message over and over again. You people really suck with your parasitic activity & now you're pissing me off with your SPAM.

What's wrong with you?

Needless to say, I will not be advertising "surpluscomputers" by using your spyware.

All your messages will be sent to the FTC, my Congressman & Senators as well as the FTC & my state representatives and the New York Attorney General. I'm hoping one of the above will demand from you, preferably with a subpoena, evidence of my opting in to receive your SPAM.

Wayne

Updated: Make that 10 SPAM messages

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    In the 180 world, popups aren't popups... they are "contextual advertisements".

So I would imagine that Spam isn't Spam ... maybe it is "Tasty Pork Snack" and thus they aren't subject to rules, regulations, and just general courtesy.

I get the same stuff. You aren't alone.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm fortunate to live in a state where the Attorney General doesn't believe the laws are written by the scumlords & spammers. I don't believe the FTC believes it either.

It would make me quite gleeful to see some of 180's investors money thrown away defending Spam charges.

Wayne

The FTC works like MLM, it's a numbers game, in the sense that the more people who complain, the more likely they'll look into it.

Imagine if 5000 ABW members, AM's, merchants, and Networks (ok this might be pushing it) sent them complaints every week about parasites telling them how they defraud legitimate businesses... they would get so sick of it that something would have to happen.

The worst that can be done is nothing at all.

Catwoman

quote:
    and Networks (ok this might be pushing it)
    "pushing it?"

I know at least two of the b*stards would be up there lobbying for the friggin parasites, never mind the fact they are stealing from us.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

quote:
    Originally posted by shareasale:
    In the 180 world, popups aren't popups... they are "contextual advertisements".

So I would imagine that Spam isn't Spam ... maybe it is "Tasty Pork Snack" and thus they aren't subject to rules, regulations, and just general courtesy.

I get the same stuff. You aren't alone.

Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread