Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    omguk.com and AffiliateWindow have booth booted 180 from their networks , awesome stuff guys

Cheers

Chris

Web Studio-1 Solutions.
    MSN - Khun Kwai ::: TEL - INT +662 635 1255 ::: URL - www.amwso.com

Low Threshold : High Return Days : Excellent Support : 100% Parasite Free
    WesternUnion.com - Netmagazines.com - Mondera.com - KegWorks.com - Left On Main
    DriveWerks.com - DeluxeGrills.com - GreatSkin.com - Vegas Experts - Pierced Body

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    We all know 180Solutions battles Gator and WhenU for the sleezyball Duper affiliate of the year awards. Nice to see those networks refuse to even allow them to rape their merchant's back pockets. Take the sleezey pimps for these Ad Whore right out of the AM's bag of mass advertising tricks to get their commission tier bonuses.

Sure wih the real merchant's management would fire any AM who auto signed up these wanks by telling the smoke and mirrors stat lies.

Mike & Charlie ...

"Payment is one option that isn't negotiable. Merchants require it for purchases ...SO DO WE."

Just noticed this post, doh! Anyway I just like to clear up what is going on in the UK with regards networks and this type of software.

The following networks have all taken the stance not to allow any spyware/adware and so on from promoting merchants on the network, they are.

Affiliate Future
    Affiliate Window
    Buy.at
    OMGUK
    Paid On Results

We are working on the following

CJ UK
    DGM
    Tradedoubler

We hope to have them converting to spyware free shortly, but if the don't then what will happen and what has started to happen is affiliates in the UK are putting links with the same merchants on other networks.

Also note that we have talked to many merchants direct and starting to get a number of them to remove them from there program even if the network is not removing them.

I am glad to report that the affiliates in the UK have convinced DGM (aka UKAffiliates.com) to drop all adware. 180 solutions was kicked from the network end of this week.

Now it's just TD and CJ UK to get rid of adware, if they don't kick it out then they will soon find none of the top affiliates in the UK will have any respect for them and start taking there custom as well as taking the merchants in to working with ethical networks.

Good news on the British front, if we can get together as a group and do it, so can you.

Here was the official responce from DGM today.

quote:
    We are writing to inform you of our position on Spyware.

Spyware is Internet jargon for Advertising Supported software (Adware). The software is available to download for free by users onto their PC’s.

While this may sound like a great concept, the downside is that the advertising companies also install additional tracking software on the user's system, which is continuously "calling home", using the user's Internet connection and reporting statistical data to the "mothership". According to the privacy policies of the companies, there will be no sensitive or identifying data collected from the user's system and the user shall remain anonymous. But it remains fact, that the user’s PC is sending information about themselves and their surfing habits to a remote location, which can be interpreted as an invasion of privacy.

We would like to take this opportunity to assure publishers that dealgroupmedia is a spyware free network. We do not condone spyware and we endeavour to continually monitor and investigate any occurrence of spyware within our network. Publishers using spyware are removed. This has always been the position of dealgroupmedia on spyware, however this has come into question recently, due to one particular publisher. We have now concluded our investigations into this Publisher and have chosen to remove them from our network.

Due to the increasing use of spyware technology we feel that it is appropriate to adopt an official policy which will be published on our website in the coming weeks. We will inform you again once this has been finalised.

We thank you for your continued support.

Nicky Iapino
    COO dealgroupmedia

Ebudae

ABW Ambassador
    ET - Phone Home

ABW Ambassador
    What superb news!!!

Superb result!

Thanks for sharing Supercod!

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Alrighty . The UK Rocks!!!

Good luck with CJ

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

Advertising.com (the UK Side) has confirmed that it is not going to work with spyware affiliates.. this just leaves TD and CJ to decided.. Affiliate Marketing Professionals in the UK simply will no longer stand for spyware in networks.

quote:
    Hi Guys,

AdSelect does not work with or condone spyware affiliates.

In the last few hours it has been brought to my attention that 180 Solutions has access to and is using our campaigns. As they have never been set-up as a publisher in the UK I am currently trying to track down how they have accessed our coding, we will hopefully be able to put a stop to this shortly.

If you have any questions, please ask...
    Kirsten

UK Affiliates have taken the fight directly to the networks doors, the only way this has worked is that Affiliates are all working together on this and boy has it been effective, a lot of work has happened in the last couple of weeks.

Supercod, QCJ, Fraser and myself have been busting our balls the past few months chipping away at the UK networks and we're finally getting there. With still got CJ to go - who seem to ignore all questions about parasiteware and Tradedoubler who I fear are trying to increase their relationships with spwyware.

Hopefully as we all start to move our links away and encourage the merchants to sign up with other networks then they'll crack.

There has been a lot of positive comments from their merchants so hopefully it'll be sooner rather than later.

quote:
    Originally posted by getvisible:
    Supercod, QCJ, Fraser and myself have been busting our balls the past few months chipping away at the UK networks and we're finally getting there.

I have been monitoring all your work with a great deal of interest especially since the TD appendum! Nice work guys! As a minority group you are training the majority for benefit of all UK affiliates. I have one fear though, I know for a fact that a few large affiliates have already moved their links from TD but do you really think that money hungry affiliates will leave when their majority earnings rely on TD programmes? I think not. I think the only way TD will move on the issue is if you lobby the merchants awareness and make some big players move to a ASP free network!

Best of Luck with your success!
    razza

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread