Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    This is a note to let you know that I am the new Q&A contact for 180solutions. Tommy is still with us here at 180, but will be focusing more on other projects and because of this, he would not be able to devote as much time to these discussions.

After looking through the various posts, I see that there are some questions still floating out there, so I am hoping that we can use this as a starting point so I can be sure to answer as many questions as possible. As Tommy said previously, I will answer questions regarding what we do over here at 180solutions as frequently as possible. Please be sensitive to the fact that there are about 50 of you and 1 of me, so your responses are not going to be as interactive as I am sure you would like, but I will try my best.

Hi 180help
    I personaly think you and anyone else who works at 180solutions is the scum of the earth. Having said that welcome to ABW.
    quote:
    I see that there are some questions still floating out there
    Yes there sure are many questions floating around like for instance .... how the hell can some men stoop so bloody low as to steal from fellow affiliates?

quote:
    I will answer questions regarding what we do over here at 180solutions as frequently as possible
    We know very well what you and we also know that you do as frequently as possible.....you steal our bloody comissions. The whole 180solutions company is nothing but a front for a bunch of thieves and con men.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    I'd rather have a job licking toilet bowls clean in an STD clinic than let it be known that I work for a scumball company like 180solutions.

And you can quote me on that.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    quote:
    This is a note to let you know that I am the new Q&A contact for 180solutions.

Hey, new wood to flame up!

It seems we burnt the last pile of kindling (Tommy) down already. I wonder how long you'll last?

I think the only way you'd get a good reception here is if you announced that 180 was going out of business.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to this wonderful forum. I am sure you will make lots of friends here.

No wait, I am deluding myself here.

I don't think that you are welcome here

If you want to work for such a nasty company, then don't expect any good natured posts on here

ABW Ambassador
    180help, just answer this very simple example: User has your software on their computer and visits 2 pages.

First one is blank. No text, no banners, no meta tags, completely blank.

Second one has stuff on it, text, banners, whatever.

Which page can trigger your application to launch advertising, then tell me what caused it to launch.

ABW Ambassador
    3 days. Hard to spin out of that example, huh?

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Well, their new guy is a bit of a pussy.

Trust asks him one simple question and he goes and hides under his desk.

Thanks for the warm response. I have actually been out of town for the last few days and haven't been able to spend time on this site.

TrustNo1 - the response to your question is that, as Tommy said before, our system is based on keywords and will bring up the webpage in correspondence with the users search.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    quote:
    TrustNo1 - the response to your question is that, as Tommy said before, our system is based on keywords and will bring up the webpage in correspondence with the users search.

So is what you are saying that the triggering factor in Trust's example isn't page 1 or page 2, but rather how the end user arrived at either page? And that the end user arriving at page 1 or 2 could elicit an advertisement if the end user had performed a search?

ABW Ambassador
    Interesting, I was having problems with my cable provider and the tech came to today to figure out what was wrong. In the course of talking he told me that he was hit with a download for 180 last night. Needless to say he was quite annoyed with what he had to go thru to get rid of it and that it was a driveby install!
    Cazzie

180help Special Liaison, try talking the truth. You will find us quite friendly to people who do not try to make us out to be a bunch of imbeciles by trying to lie your way through all our questions.

Your buddy "Tommy turd face" was an out and out tosser, the only truth he told us was his name. If you are going to try to lie to us you may as well go home now cos we will see right through you. There are some very intelligent people reading these threads.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

If the end user were to arrive at the page from a search then yes the ad could be triggered from that. We are not going to target just anything, but instead highly targeted based on a users current search. We show less ads to not innundate our users, but instead serve them the right ad at the exact right time.

180help,

What is your name and position at 180, are you a legal mouthpiece writing up all the Liable Actions?

Or are you hear to spew the normal nonsense in the hopes of blinding us with the normal flatulents your predecessors have accomplished very well?

Out of curiosity what in the hell did you do so wrong to land a job answering questions for your company on this board?

You probably would have been better off getting fired and collecting unemployment than having this task.

Since we all have a job to do - please make sure all your statements are clear and concise so we can add them to the growing litigation against your company. Your full name and address could possibly help others here with all legal action!

I do think it's a futile really engaging in a Q&A with 180, when we already know the answers before the question is presented. Haven't we all been down that path before?

It's much better to conserve that time and effort to direct dialogue with a merchant, preferably in a round table scenario, whereby better results can be acheived in reaching the most appropiate objective to protect merchants and affiliates interests.

Rather than spend 30 minutes, putting forward questions to 180, simply spend that time creating awareness in other consumer and industry forums or communicating directly with merchants.

quote:
    180help said over in Ben's thread:
    Ms. B, if you or anyone else comes across an advertiser with MetricsDirect who might be engaged in questionable activity, then please let me know so we can look into it. From time to time, we review and terminate relationships with advertisers who do things they shouldn’t be doing.

Questionable activity being?

Questionable activity being advertisers who are being potentially deceptive or even perhaps illegal.

...it’s just in response to your earlier post as well as industry standard definitions of deceptive or illegal advertising.

quote:
    Questionable activity being advertisers who are being potentially deceptive or even perhaps illegal.

Can I just ask you 180help, why is it that you are so concerned about other peoples activities when it has been proven and documented so many times here and indeed elsewhere that your own employees 180Solutions/nCase/ Zango/MetricsDirect do the exactly same tricks and worse and that does not seem to bother you one iota?
    You really should concentrate on getting your own/employers house in order before you try to dictate to other people.

YouTrek

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    - - - - -
    ...it’s just in response to your earlier post as well as industry standard definitions of deceptive or illegal advertising.
    - - - - -

Which specific industry standards are you referring to? I'd like you to spell out - precisely - what 'standards' you are referring to, and how they do ro do not relate to your company.
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

quote:
    Questionable activity being advertisers who are being potentially deceptive or even perhaps illegal. ...it’s just in response to your earlier post as well as industry standard definitions of deceptive or illegal advertising.

180help, I think at this point I will have to decline to forward specifics of any "questionable" activity by advertisers to 180Solutions for a few reasons:

1) Your response above to my question of what was considered questionable activity. It is my personal experience that those not willing to answer that type of question directly while asking for the information is just making a public guesture to say they sought to "work together." My time is too valuable to be sending information around to folks who have no intention of doing anything with it. I stopped doing that a long time ago.

I do only 3 things with information I obtain now: provide it to those parties who have consulted me to obtain it for them, provide it to those parties I feel will act on the information, and/or make public any information I decide to in whatever manner I decide to.

2) I have no intention of providing 180Solutions directly with information that they can then use to cloud issues and redirect fault. I won't have data I collect being used to state a particular behavior happened because of a rogue "advertiser" as 180Solutions has done by attempting to place blame on "rogue" distributors for some of the installation concerns.

3) I have yet to see any significant movement on the part of 180Solutions software to indicate that 180Solutions is indeed trying to have a more "well behaved" application. What I have seen is spin and misleading information coming from 180Solutions, even here of all places. Indeed 180Solutions has known since its conception exactly what it's software does.

4) I haven't seen any ad generation from 180Solutions software yet that I don't consider "questionable activity" and see the software infringing on someone elses business. Why in the world would I want to target advertisers to 180Solutions? I'm still scratching my head trying to imagine just WHAT type of activity 180 could have problems with by it's advertisers? The advertisers are like the leaves on poison ivy and 180's software and biz model are the roots. While I will continue to let unsuspecting Merchant's know if their affs in their program operating through 180 without their knowledge, there really wouldn't be a need for this would there if 180 software behaved itself.

5) I do not work for 180 and I'm not be consulted by 180. It's not my job to let you know about issues with your software, distributors or advertisers. It's YOUR job to do those things. Anyway, 180 is really quite aware of all those things. Just as you are aware with concerns about your software that I've yet to say anything publically about. You certainly don't need me telling you about "wayward" advertisers.

I did notice that Zango came out with yet another updated version over the weekend. We'll see what "new" changes are there with this one. I'm not too terribly hopefully considering it set about updating itself on boot up which of course requires a connection from my computer to 180 servers. Now being that I have my firewall set to prompt for zango.exe, I received a prompt that it was attempting to access the internet to let it connect or not. I hit the sniffer program and THEN allowed access. Now isn't it special that Zango was able to update it's files with a whole new version including updating the dat files yets none of that showed on the sniffer? Yet there they were updated files. Even showed the update in your own log files...but yet....I hadn't allowed access to 180 servers through my firewall at that point in time. I certainly don't consider such activity moving towards a better behaved software..scouting around firewalls.

Now if I ever see any indications that 180Solutions is truly moving towards a well behaved software application I'll be more than happy to help. As a matter of fact I could hand you a model of a truly compliant well behaved software application that no one could find fault with based in part of what you have touched on in Zango. And while I'm not a programmer it sure seems to involve less programming than what you've got going with Zango (aka n-Case). Now if I can see this model then I know for sure that 180Solutions could.

BTW, you guys update your software all the time. You check for updates at each boot. I've had dat files updated more than once a day. So I'm really not buying what was posted in the LS forum about you guys needed more time to bring apps out there into 'compliance.' As soon as you have something that is 'compliant' you could be updating all software immediately. It wouldn't even matter if older out of compliance were still being distributed in bundles...as soon as the end user rebooted they should have what ever you 'compliant' version is. Just sounds like dragging stuff out as long as you can to me.......

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    quote:
    If the end user were to arrive at the page from a search then yes the ad could be triggered from that.

"From a Search"

I'm sorry that is not the whole truth

nCase and Zango are triggered by contextual keywords in the URL , including Trade Mark Protected Brand Names.

If a person were to go to Ice.com you would fire a Pop Up based on the detection of Ice.com IN the URL, placing affiliate tracking on the consumers computer, confusing them as to why Ice has opened up in two windows and defrauding Ice of marketing fees, confusing their tracking data and therefore defrauding other marketing channels that legitimately SENT traffic to the site of future business through your ability to intercept the visitor....who was already at the site anyway.

Cheers

Chris
    Affiliate Marketing by AMWSO. Skype - chrissanderson ::: TEL 1-720-336-1784 ::: www.amwso.net
    Join our affiliate programs :Vaper Empire, Iolo, Art of Tea, or See ALL our Programs here

When is Zango going to tell people that it is about to download? I have a good part of a website dedicated to computer and internet security. Tonight I got ANOTHER email about Zango:

> I have Zango on my almost brand new Dell computer. I have no idea where it
    > came from, and neither my Trend Micro anti-virus nor Spybot can get rid of
    > it. I am extremely careful about this stuff, having suffered through a
    > "Gator" bout about a year ago. I simply can't imagine how I got this thing.
    >

I get emails like this regularly about all sorts of "illegal" programs and downloads. What I can't answer myself, I make sure I contact someone who can and provide the "victims" with the appropriate solutions.

People like you who have no problem with the way your software behaves and installs itself are scum in my book. You can sit here all you want and claim you want to answer questions when it seems, according to what Ms. B is saying, that Zango is not getting better, it's getting WORSE!

So don't come here and preach your twisted morality to us. You want mercy? Take your ass to church!

Catwoman

quote:
    scouting around firewalls

Why would software that was voluntarily downloaded to a computer need to do that? If the end user wanted it to be there, there wouldn't be any reason for the sneakiness, would there?

Something smells very foul...

Andy

I just want to restate that, although many of you may feel differently, we are on this forum to work with you to address your issues, not to redirect fault or cloud any issues.
    The following are responses to some of your questions.

Ms B -
    There is nothing special about the way we update ourselves - all Zango communication is over standard HTTP protocols...there is no hiding its communication or circumventing firewalls. Since you initially allowed zango.exe to access the internet, it probably accessed the downloads page without prompting you again.

Chris -
    We do watch the url string for our keywords and when you do a search on any search engine it appends to the url string at the end in query form (is keyword=Bahamas+cruise). With regard to your statement on the double windows issue, we do not incur any revenue from our deployment of double and hidden pop-ups. These pop-ups are devoid of any tags or codes that redirect to 180solutions or its advertisers, commissions that ought be paid to other affiliates. Hidden pop-ups are a function of our software program, as this is the only way for us to avoid the automatic deployment of another company's ad without effectively re-writing our entire software program.

Catwoman -
    There are a number of ways that consumers can install our software. It can be downloaded directly from our website or through third party distributors across the Internet...either way it must be opted in to. It is possible that you got the program from a third party distributor, however all third-party distributors are required to clearly label that Zango is bundled with their products and to provide consumers with the option to agree to the licensing agreement before they install it. We police distributors to ensure they are following our disclosure rules and prohibit “drive-by” or “silent” installations, as our code of conduct requires that the user fully agrees to our EULA. Please let me know if you think you received the program unknowingly from a third party distributor so we can further look into the matter.

Andy -
    You hit the nail on the head...there is no reason for us to be sneaky and that's why we don't "scout around fire walls".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast