Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hopefully this will work, I could not find a way to insert images so I have attached them as a file...

I'm new to this forum but I happen to live in the vicinity of 180Solutions Corporate HQ. To make a long story short, I recently obtained a new cell phone equipped with a built in digital camera. It's not that I needed the camera function but these days it is getting hard to find a phone that doesn't have a built in camera. I was beginning to wonder if I would ever find a use for the camera when suddenly, on my drive home from work, an opportunity presented itself. Its a bit hard to see but if you look at the 1st picture, you will note that the license plate reads 180. By the way, the car has a list price of $122,470 before adding options. The second pic is a side view showing a profile of the driver, whom I assume to be one of the twenty-something college dropout wonderkid founders of 180.

[Pic removed and plate changed as a CYA]

OK, that worked... here is the second pic.

I really have no interest in affiliate programs but it just drives me crazy when the local business press praises a company for their sales growth and ability to attract investors without thoroughly understanding their revenue model.

[Pic removed as a CYA]

And finally, here is our hero, pulling into the parking lot at 180 corporate HQ.

[Pic removed as a CYA]

what state license plate was that? Maybe we can call our buddies at the state police and say he's been running a few red lights.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Notice the smirk on his face as he enjoys the fruits of using OTHER PEOPLES money. Hope the guy ends up doing a perp walk like the Tico guys and de-weeding ditches on a chain gang.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

This article really turned my stomach when I first read it:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/busine...909_ads30.html

This part is especially good for a laugh:

quote:
    But Smith, who was studying to become a youth pastor before leaving college,

Another good laugh:

quote:
    Viewing targeted pop-up advertisements two or three times a day is a small price to pay for gaining access to free online content, Smith said. In fact, he believes many consumers will embrace the Zango concept once they realize how it works.

It's not in the best interests of any of these scums to provide uninstall content or make the FULL removal of zango easy.

quote:
    Content partners receive 2 or 3 cents for each person who downloads Zango, Smith said. If a consumer keeps the software installed for a set period of time, the content provider receives additional revenues. The company would not disclose that arrangement.

Can you imagine the poor merchant that pays $200,000 to have his own links hijacked and has to pay commissions on free traffic on top of ridiculous advertising fees? I wonder just how much (or how little) they understand the Zango concept????

quote:
    Currently, 180solutions boasts 6,000 advertisers who pay anywhere from $50 per month to $200,000 per month for the service.

Must be nice to live on illegal money... What goes around, comes around. Sit tight 180Solutions, your turn is coming. And I hope you get it tenfold!

quote:
    At the company's new Bellevue headquarters, casually dressed employees in their mid-20s zoom to meetings on Segway scooters. A chef prepares catered lunches. And a giant company bash is being planned at the Showbox music club with a surprise musical guest.

SICKENING! Thieves, liars, crooks, scums!

Catwoman

ABW Ambassador
    And it goes here...
    http://herndon1.sdrdc.com/cgi-bin/fecimg/?24961678812

The 180 team is 100% republican supporting by donating thousands of dollars to the party and specific ticket.

Chet

ABW Ambassador

Quote by photoman:

"$122,470 before adding options"

Mind boggling ! ! !

I wonder how many clicks that took?

RadarCat
    http://www.os2warplinks.com

We can only hope that the car gives him nothing but trouble, and he has to spend gobs of money keeping it running...

It would also be nice if it left him stranded in a mosquito infested area...

Andy

quote:
    It would also be nice if it left him stranded in a mosquito infested area
    I agree Andy but you missed three important words out "West Nile infected"
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

quote:

It would also be nice if it left him stranded in a mosquito infested area...

That was too rude, dude.
    Why would you do that to the mosquitoes.
    Do you hate mosquitoes that much as to get them a drive-by installed on them?

Good one Mr.Sal

I agree it's bad enough consumer's pc is infected with all these software you want us to have mosquitos spreading the drive by download infecting us by their bites? lol...

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

ABW Ambassador
    I assume you have a signed "model release" from your photo subject? I smell lawyers in somebody's future.

I'm no legal authority, but I'd think twice about leaving these photos here.

Wayne

quote:
    The 180 team is 100% republican supporting by donating thousands of dollars to the party and specific ticket.

Believe it or not Chet, I had a little bit of respect for your opinion. You always seemed a little more level headed than most of the.... Well, anyway, after seeing your post, I have to wonder. Even I wouldn't post that if the donation was made to the DNC.

Later
    Deleted

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Gosh, he'll look very pretty when Bubba gives him lipstick to put on.

ABW Ambassador
    steveind, actually come october, i was going to post a donation list for everyone. But so far, 180 solutions is the largest donator to either party. So if we are going to have a thread discussing how they spend their money, i think it is fair to show how they spend their money. Should I have forced them to donate to someone else? Not spend the money? I only posted one example of their donations, not the entire list.

But don't worry, i have never had respect for your opinion.

Chet

LOL, Who cares who gives money to who?

Wait a second. Bush is obviously for this kind of activity. Now I see where you are coming from. Great find, Chet.

Something interesting:

You have a cow and a bull.
    The bull is depressed.
    It has spent its life living a lie.
    It goes away for two weeks.
    It comes back after a taxpayer-paid sex-change operation.
    You now have two cows.
    One makes milk; the other doesn't.
    You try to sell the transgender cow.
    Its lawyer sues you for discrimination.
    You lose in court.
    You sell the milk-generating cow to pay the damages.
    You now have one rich, transgender, non-milk-producing cow. You change your business to beef. PETA pickets your farm. Jesse Jackson makes a speech in your driveway. Cruz Bustamante calls for higher farm taxes to help "working cows". Hillary Clinton calls for the nationalization of 1/7 of your farm "for the children".
    Scharwzenager signs a law giving your farm to Mexico.
    The L.A. Times quotes five anonymous cows claiming you groped their teats.
    You declare bankruptcy and shut down all operations.
    The cow starves to death.
    The L.A. Times' analysis shows your business failure is Bush's fault.
    Deleted

ABW Ambassador
    As I said, "i have never had respect for your opinion.", so you don't need to keep giving me reasons to keep this opinion.

Chet

LOL, like water off a ducks back.

Never trust a person with an agenda.

have a wonderful day.
    Deleted

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    > The 180 team is 100% republican supporting by donating thousands of dollars to the party and specific ticket.

Chet remember this:

-------------------
    Topic: The thread was not political Chez Noir

posted August 11, 2004 05:57 PM

it was talking about a scam involving a political party. There is a big difference. Your childish, ignorant rant is just more of what this forum doesn't need.
    ----------------------

I apologize to the moderators and Haiko for this post but it deserves a reply to Chet. No matter what Chet says back to me this will be my last reply to him here on this thread.

Chet remember when you sent me that PM saying I was a child for posting information on a thread that was talking about a political scam from Teresa Heinz, you called me bunch of names saying that thread was not political just because I posted more info on another scam involving Teresa Heinz Tide Organization and their support for countries like Cuba, Iraq.

Well it seems you now are really sticking your foot in your mouth, when THIS post is about 180 and a few pictures and you OUT OF THE BLUE jump in and start saying they support republicans. Well, this thread is really NOTHING about politics and yet you criticized me for posting something political in a political thread. Are you a funny guy or what?

I would never support people like 180 or who ever does what they do no matter what political ties they have. I 180 supported Kerry would you then have posted this and let people know, and would now be friends with 180 just because they support Kerry.

Please I don't want any one to post a reply to what I just said no matter who you support.

Let's just go back to the Topic.

Thanks for the pitures photoman. Now next time follow him to 180's Bank and take a picture of their Bank so we can make some withdrawals (just kidding, do not really do that as we will all end up in slammer and MR Wonderkid will still be driving his SL55 to 180)

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    What part of that car belongs to YOU?

I figure I own at least a half a dozen carpet fibers. What's your share? <elg>

Damn Chet. I really didn't think you would sink so low as to send someone a PM calling them names. Maybe I was wrong about you being a "little" more level headed than the rest of your type.

Ya learn something new everyday.

The weather in Boise, Idaho is beautiful today. A little hot and muggy, but beautiful.
    Deleted

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    quote:
    Originally posted by Rhea:
    What part of that car belongs to YOU?

Actually, according to calculations, that's MY bloody car he's driving around in.

But don't worry, I'll let him keep the plate. I know where to put it, too.

quote:
    Originally posted by NorthernStudio:
    I assume you have a signed "model release" from your photo subject? I smell lawyers in somebody's future.

I'm no legal authority, but I'd think twice about leaving these photos here.

Wayne

Is there truth to this? I wonder because how would it be legal for paparazzi to take photos of celebs without their permission. Also consider the news as well. I don't think you actually need permission to take a photo of an adult. I know minors are protected but not adults.

ABW Ambassador
    Laws about using someone's image vary state to state. Generally, courts have ruled that public officials, celebrities & newsmakers enjoy less rights to privacy than average citizens, whose permission must be gotten prior to publishing photos of them going about their daily routines, especially if the photo is used commercially, or in a malicious or libelous way. The need for a model releaase applies to adults also, though there are some additional requirements regarding children.

If "Photoman" happened to photograph the driver of this car committing a crime resulting in arrest or in some newsworthy way then posting it would be without problems. However, he posted photos of someone whom he only assumes to be connected in someway with with a company he doesn't like, including a recognizable profile of the person and a description and license plate number of the car he's driving, doing absolutely nothing newsworthy.

The person driving the car may or may not be associated with 180. He could be delivering the car to them, could be be a friend of the car's owner. Regardless, if he feels his likeness was used in a manner specifically to embarrass him, the right to publish them could be decided in court.

Wayne

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer & don't even play one on the internet. Just cautious.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast