Below is the updated Code of Conduct as published by CJ and Performics on July 31st, 2004. I would be interested to know how 180solutions responds to these recent changes, specifically "technology may not seek to influence the referral of a potential customer." Also - Ben Edelman has demonstrated how communication is altered when 180solutions software is installed - do those examples support or deny claims that 180solutions violates the Code of Conduct?

Interference with referrals. Interference with referrals. No Web Publisher or software download Technology Provider may interfere with or seek to influence improperly the referral of a potential customer or visitor ("End-User") to the Web site of an online Advertiser. No Publisher or Technology Provider will automatically replace or alter any component of a Service Provider's technology that results in a reduction of any compensation earned by another Publisher. For example, a Publisher or Technology Provider may not use methods or technology to automatically replace a Service Provider's tracking identifier of another Publisher with its own Service Provider's tracking identifier or otherwise intercept or redirect an End-User from being referred through another Publisher's Link.

Publisher may notify an End-User once that End-User has arrived at the Advertiser's Web site of an opportunity to utilize technology employed by that Publisher and obtain the End-User's consent via affirmative action upon each occurrence to proceed with the operation of such technology.
    --
    Blaine

180 would probably ignore it. Although I was speaking with my rep at ValueClick and I was told that VC may consider dropping them from their program.

We are fully compliant with the CJ code of conduct for any advertising that we show with our CJ affiliate ID. CJ has repeatedly indicated that they have found 180/MetricsDirect to be compliant (and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods). It appears any outstanding issues are with third party advertisers using our advertising system to show ads on their own with their own affiliate accounts. CJ by their own admission on their forum here at ABW has indicated they will deal with any of those advertisers who violate their CoC directly. CJ administering their own affiliate advertisers would not change whether or not they continue to work with us.

You are responsible how third party advertisers use your advertising!

You are an accessory before, during and after the fact!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    quote:
    and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods

Who would that be?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seems this all started back in April with the Tommy 180spin artist... http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?a=tp...34&m=581102024 seems the recruiting effort to the lurkers at ABW met some resistance...LOL.

Where's that list of 180Solutions distribution partners who are dragging your good name through the mud... I don't want to go check out the posters at the Post Office and prefer the posters here. I mentioned to you guys could cease allowing any third party advertisers to jump on your keyword BHO theftware train without a DNA and background check. Both of those 2 things would make us happier. We'd love for you to out the bastards who mixed nCase with full blown backdoor trojan horse computer viruses.

This community demanded from the networks in the Nov 2001 CoC meeting no affiliate cookie hijacking and ID# overwrites ....plus 1 step simple un-installs. Did 180Solutions attend or get informed of this requirement?

I'll repeat....
    "Well Mr. 180Help you have a long way to go before you can claim your distribution channel and infestation fee based tricksters are even within your low threshold compliance. Your still paying for n-case hidden bundling and drive-by installs. Your clap trap buggy and totally Adware/Adwhore Zango application purposely targets minors with free game SE keywords. Whoopie do if you plague the schoolyard crowd with enticements knowing they don't read EULAs to get to Glorias first Glory hole or Santas balls games. Some dumb shit adults fall for this Kwel freebee crap too to get a Britney Spears screen saver.

You guys and your distribution partners have only one way the get your friggin worthless application onto a system....deception. Decieving kids using Pa's or Grandpas Puter is the name of your game pal. Reminds me of a schoolyard pedophile enticing with candy or a drugdealer with a free joint. Your known by the company you keep and the rude crude multiple steps required to remove your crapware from my system.

You have no brand loyality as you often change names and hide your other identities from merchants. We can help you come clean. Just publish here at ABW a list of your distribution affiliates and we can verify they play by your rules. You can also download Spyware Blaster and look over the restricted sites list there and whack every one of your affiliates on that list of known drive-by install sites.

My take is the portion of the internet you seek to keep FREE needs to disappear. Letting them distribute your BEER to minors, and giving them the friggin bottle deposit as a reward, is a pathetic getto ebiz plan. Let me know if the XP service pack 2 is effecting MetricsDirect earnings. If not then maybe Gates will tighten the thumb screws some more."
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

quote:
    Originally posted by 180help:
    and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods.

I would also like to know who these "senior members" are. Name names!
    Ebudae

180 help...

You’re a really funny guy... or gal as the case may be...
    180help is not exactly gender specific... kinda like people
    named Chris or Pat... just don’t know ‘til you meet ‘em...
    Why don’t you just introduce yourself...?

But, no matter... I know you... regardless of gender... you said...

“...It appears any outstanding issues are with third party
    advertisers using our advertising system to show ads on
    their own with their own affiliate accounts...”

So, these “third party people, “ who apparently are paying you
    for the privilege of using your software, are giving you... a poor
    innocent vendor, a bad name... why don’t you do something about it...?

You obviously have the ability to change your software at a moments
    notice, so why haven’t you taken action against these “third party thieves...?”

When Ben Edelman put the heat on and listed the 180solutions
    “targeted list as of June 25-28, 2004”....
    http://www.benedelman.org/spyware/18...ts-silent.html

All of a sudden you decided to speak up and press releases came out
    denying any wrong doing... but... did you cut off any of those
    “third party people” for any kind of violation of your TOS...?

Then, all of a sudden, you decided to “exclude” certain merchants
    from your list, for no apparent reason...
    http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/
    ubb.x?a=tpc&s=548608979&f=8916013434&m=432104556&r=432104556

That link is right here in this forum, by the way...

My only question is, why don’t you just flip the same switch and stop
    your so called “third party advertisers” from disgracing your good name...?

You have the power if you wish to use it... I’m just curious... but... I’d
    really like to know.... If it’s not all about the money... then why haven’t
    you done anything to stop it....?
    <Font size="1" color="99000">Never doubt anybody's word for anything... but... Always double check everything... - Grandpa</font>

quote:
    (and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods)

Once again 180help has made a post and yet again he has proved himself to be nothing but a liar. Just name one please.

Maybe one day he will learn enough to come here and try to speak without a forked tongue but I doubt it.

I refrained from calling him a tosser or worse so I would not upset the professional element of ABW.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

quote:
    (and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods)

I don't believe this at all, because the senior members would at least give us some updates and we wouldn't be making this conversation if your methods are really in compliance.

WE are all just asking for fairness to others not to use our sites for their own benefit and if you are in our shoes you'll know, but you're not in our shoes so you wouldn't understand it.

People tend to give all this nicely put post explaining their reason so we affiliates wouldn't be too upset that our livelyhood are being undermine, but also forgot that we are just humans that puts on the under pressure of people undermining us and feeling like none of the people that have authority is not supporting what we ask nicely or rudely, we just want our effort to be rewarded as said in each merchants and networks TOS, we get commission for the sales!

All of us are just trying to make money for what ever reason (mine is my family! what's yours?). But do we have to do all this AM without the support that we should get?

Merchants and Networks wants us to promote them to help their sales go up and by God we do.

But why we have to do all the zigzagging of looking who is fair and not fair when they are in the networks program(Trusted Third Party)?

Few bad apples can ruin a whole baskets, and there's plenty of money out there for the parasites to undermine so many because they can and they are being supported by those that we all suppose to trust! Sad right?

Be in our shoes and you'll know, but if you haven't been in our shoes, I only ask that don't treat us more lower that what you are doing already! Give us a break!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    The clue train tip to change your ways 180help is when the ultra nice Ms. Happypoon wants to scold you for repeated bad behavior undermining her efforts. She's not about to say WTF is up with this sleezy slimebag operation, floating on the top of the BHO cesspool, spouting out their daily Adwhore dump don't stink.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I'm sure it's true!
    quote:
    and even senior members of this community were comfortable with their testing methods
    Todd is a senior member of this forum for pity sake! And, I am sure plenty of parasites and ne'r do wells joined right from the begining just to keep an eye on what we are up to. This guy knows so many ways to tiwst the truth into an implied lie that it is amazing!

"Senior member" doesn't mean squat!
    Comments are opinion unless otherwise noted. Remember, pillage first. Then burn. Half of all people in the world have IQs under 100. You best learn to trust ol' SSanf!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Nova excellent post and straight to the heart of matters of how many affiliates are feeling. And to think English isn't your Native language. I applaud you.

Probably the best thing to do at this point is to direct you all to the CJ thread that discusses this issue at length – in that thread you will see that members are indeed comfortable with their testing methods.

Also, regarding third parties, it appears from postings that CJ is actively enforcing their CoC with advertisers including ones who use our network.

quote:
    Originally posted by 180help:
    Probably the best thing to do at this point is to direct you all to the CJ thread that discusses this issue at length – in that http://abw.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x?q=Y&...=220101536&p=3 you will see that members are indeed comfortable with their testing methods.

Also, regarding third parties, it appears from postings that CJ is actively enforcing their CoC with advertisers including ones who use our network.

As a senior member of this forum, I want to go on record as saying I truly feel you are liars, cheats and theives.

I am glad that CJ is looking into things but you know what - I still don't trust you. You people have lied too many times.

You made your reputation as being theives and liars and parasites - now I am supposed to feel all happy because you "say" you aren't stealing from me? I don't think so...

IMHO, you get all the guff you deserve and I just wish you got what you really deserve - but that may only come when you meet your maker. Explain it to him/her - whatever you believe. But one day you WILL stand accountable for all you have done.
    Ebudae

As a senior member of ABW I want to go on record as saying that as far as I am concerned enabling third parties steal from us is no better than doing it yourself. The resulting harm to us and those who depend on us is the same.

You are the scum of the earth and I won't be unhappy if someone does to you what you do to others. In fact, I hope you work your butt off to make a good life only to have the rewards due you diverted to a thief. The law of three can be a *****! May you and all who do as you do feel the full impact!

This Crone said that!

quote:
    Also, regarding third parties, it appears from postings that CJ is actively enforcing their CoC with advertisers including ones who use our network
    Lets try and be a little more honest eh and not lie by omission eh 180help? nobody just uses your network for free ... they have to pay you for the use of it, this does not clear you from any wrongdoings at all, in fact it further implicates you.

Now be a good little boy, go away, wash your mouth out with soap and water then come back and see if you can tell the truth without all the spin and lies.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

Am I a senior member?

Thank you Miss B, this issues with people undermining so many always bothers me that it hurts, and if only i have the power to make it dissappear I would in a heartbeat!

But the limited support I can give with my ability will always be here if needed!

Also I just want to be able to change my sig! dang it!

Peace to all!

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread