Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    This is yet ANOTHER email I received from someone who couldn't uninstall Zango. When are you going to be honest with people?? Oh right, we ARE talking about spyware after all... no ethical practices here, right? You probably don't even know the meaning of it.

Hello,

I am writing to tell you that I have Zango on my computer and what I have found out about it. It came with a game from Kewlbox.com and I was aware of it. I allowed it (stupid me!) because it said in the agreement that all I had to do was remove it from the Add/Remove panel.(Also, at the time, I didn't know that it was from 180 Solutions...if I had, I never would have allowed it!) Of course, it won't be removed. In fact whenever I try to remove it that way it makes my computer hang and I am forced to reset it.

I have removed "180 Solutions" from the registry (Current User and Machine) but once when I went back, it was back on there again. I am not allowed to remove the files from Program Files. ("access denied" really pisses me off....who's machine is this anyway?) I have found Zango crapware all over my computer and removed it whenever I was allowed. I have used the Task Manager to kill the process. Furthermore, I also have "Process Viewer" and I used it to kill the process but it comes back.

I have dealt with 180 Solutions before and they were quite rude about it but as I recall they gave me a page that had removal instructions or tool or something...can't remember. I have Adaware but it hasn't caught it. Norton did catch it but apparently it can't remove it either. (I have System Works, 2004)

I downloaded Spyware Blaster and Spyware Guard today but they only detect, not remove...or at least I don't recognize anything in the log that I am comfortable removing. I know, a little late.....like they say, "hindsight is 20/20!

I am going to try to get Norton to remove it now. I just want to know if it will do it. Then I will download XCleaner &/or Regblock and try that. You say that they both find and remove this bug so I won't write you with the results unless they fail to remove it.

I don't know if this helps you in your quest to beat these a-holes, but I certainly hope so. I would be more than happy to do whatever I can to help in this battle. I have donated to several sites that provide freeware to us poor computer owners. Is there anything else I can do? I am really mad now and in the mood to kill!!! (and not just the process either!) These people are immoral and should be dealt with by law but of course, that probably won't happen. Enough of my ranting.

Just in case you need this info: I am running Windows XP Professional, Office 2003 (only Word is installed though), Internet Explorer v6, have Cable Modem, Adaware 6 and Norton 2004 (SystemWorks and Personal Firewall) as well as CWShredder, IE Privacy Keeper, and AVERT Stinger. These have always helped me sufficiently in the past but, as you know, 180 Solutions is a serious pain in the butt!

Keep up the good fight! If there is anything else that I can tell you or do to help, please don't hesitate to ask.
    Thank you for your efforts,

"Anonymity respected"

This conversation went back and forth a few times and I gave her a link to download a free version of what I think is the best spwyare blocker out there. By that time, she had removed Zango through Norton and something else. It's a good thing that she's computer literate and knows how to mess around the registry and other folders! Most of the emails I receive are from people who can barely turn their computer on and some of the conversations go on for days to help them remove your crap from their computers.

Her last reply:

"By the way, X found nCase in the registry and removed it. I had gotten zango and 180 Solutions but forgot about nCase. So now this machine appears to be clean again.! I like the software, thanks again!

@ 180help

Whilst you are answering the above post will you tell me how n-case got onto my computer if not by a drive-by download? cos I sure as hell would not allow any of your 180 shit on my computer.

Hows about some REAL removal instructions that will remove all traces of your programs without them being able to reload the following day?
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.
    Mr. Spitzer is fetching it nearer

YouTrek

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    quote:
    Hows about some REAL removal instructions that will remove all traces of your programs without them being able to reload the following day?

That may cost them cuz they cant freeload off anyone if it's easily removed
    Bastards!!!!

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Can anyone confirm if in fact Kewlbox is promoting 180 Solutions?

quote:
    Originally posted by Rhea:
    Can anyone confirm if in fact Kewlbox is promoting 180 Solutions?

Rhea,
    I just went to Kewlbox on my test computer and downloaded a game. I can tell you with 100% accuracy that Kewlbox is promoting 180 Solutions with Zango. In order to download a game, I had to agree to download Zango in order to get it.

I got a screen shot and will post it as soon as I can figure out how to get it from my test computer to my good computer.

First time I've tried posting a pic on ABW so cross your fingers.

Thanks Linda. Very much appreciated. Gotta go delete some stuff.

Catwoman -

I am curious to know what your definition of spyware is?

Users who are for some reason unable to uninstall Zango from their system can simply send our helpdesk a note and we will contact them to help troubleshoot and remove our programs from their system if they so desire.

There have been some reports of systems hanging upon download. We are currently addressing this issue and should have a fix out by the end of this week.

Gordon -

I am not sure how you got nCASE on your computer as we not longer even use nCASE. I can assure you that we do not "drive-by" download our programs. The only way that a drive-by download could have occured is through a distributor acting outside of our code of conduct. We take these issues very seriously and do not tolerate this behavior. As you probably know, we have recently filed a lawsuit in response to learning of a simmilar situation.

quote:

You're kidding right?

You mean you don't know? So if you don't know, how would you know that your not?

What COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commission
    Don't worry tracking is Infected

Live life to the fullest, You only get 1 chance. Enjoy it while you can... Nothing last forever!

@ Nova.

Listen Mr. Help Guy, if you're going to bother to show up, kindly don't treat us like idiots. We know what you are. We know who you are. And eventually the U.S. Congress will know who you are too.

Nova - Mrs. Happypoon:
    Yes - I know what spyware is and because of that I know that our programs are not spyware. Since Catwoman is accusing us of being spyware, I was curious to know what her definition of spyware is.

Rhea -
    No disrespect intended - I was only trying to make a point. The reason why I asked that question is because we indeed know who and what we are - we are in no way spyware. Correct - there is currently national anti-spyware legislation pending of which we are in full support. We are not involved in what is called “spyware” and look forward to this legislation so that a distinct line can be drawn between spyware programs and legitimate companies like 180solutions who are providing a valuable service to their customers.

You are spyware.
    You send messages home from my computer so that makes you spyware. If I try to delete your program and only succeed in partialy deleteing it somehow the program lets you know and you then re-install the missing files on my computer. This is a mode of spyware.

You are spyware get used to it cos one day it is going to come back and bite your ass.
    One day parasites and their ilk will be made illegal, I bet a few Lawyers will be pissed off when the day comes.

YouTrek

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Well Mr. 180Help you have a long way to go before you can claim your distribution channel and infestation fee based tricksters are even within your low threshold compliance. Your still paying for n-case hidden bundling and drive-by installs. Your clap trap buggy and totally Adware/Adwhore Zango application purposely targets minors with free game SE keywords. Whoopie do if you plague the schoolyard crowd with enticements knowing they don't read EULAs to get to Glorias first Glory hole or Santas balls games. Some dumb shit adults fall for this Kwel freebee crap too to get a Britney Spears screen saver.

You guys and your distribution partners have only one way the get your friggin worthless application onto a system....deception. Decieving kids using Pa's or Grandpas Puter is the name of your game pal. Reminds me of a schoolyard pedophile enticing with candy or a drugdealer with a free joint. Your known by the company you keep and the rude crude multiple steps required to remove your crapware from my system.

You have no brand loyality as you often change names and hide your other identities from merchants. We can help you come clean. Just publish here at ABW a list of your distribution affiliates and we can verify they play by your rules. You can also download Spyware Blaster and look over the restricted sites list there and whack every one of your affiliates on that list of known drive-by install sites.

My take is the portion of the internet you seek to keep FREE needs to disappear. Letting them distribute your BEER to minors, and giving them the friggin bottle deposit as a reward, is a pathetic getto ebiz plan. Let me know if the XP service pack 2 is effecting MetricsDirect earnings. If not then maybe Gates will tighten the thumb screws some more.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

I am new to this forum, so if I ended up in the wrong spot, forgive me. I am the "anonymous" email writer that Catwoman helped out. I couldn't help but jump in here. Liason person, you stated that you no longer use nCase? Really? Then how is that it was not on my machine the day before I downloaded a Kewlbox game and it was there along with Zango and 180 Solutions after? Some really bizarre coincidence? Honey, somebody is pulling your leg! Also, just to get my two cents worth in...I tried sending a quick note to you, Zango, Kewlbox and anyone else associated with you people and NOT ONE of you responded to my pleas for help. Furthermore, the little agreement that I read before the download stated that all I had to do was remove Zango from the add/remove page in my Control Panel and all would be gone! Another lie! Every time I tried to remove Zango, my machine froze up and all I could do was reset it. That is some powerful shit, lady....sir...whoever you are! I am not going to tell you how I finally got it all off (and I did get it all off without your help!). How do you like that? You better look for another job before you end up in Danbury Minimum Security Prison.

Well said Kidtamer and welcome to the forum.

So, 180help, what do you say about this other email I got last night?

"I somehow got Zango installed on my home office computer last night when I was attempting to stream wbur.org via wmp (through their site). Although i "deleted" Zango, it hasn't left.

I've tried to "uninstall" Zango, but with no success.

Meanwhile, i can't open my browser.

I run Windows 98, btw."

This conversation has been going back and forth since last night. Becauze Zango froze up her browser, she can't download the free spyware remover I sent her to get rid of it.

Because, thank God my computer is well protected against the low lifes like you, I don't have a clue what Zango puts in the registry or the names of the files, so I couldn't help her right away to manually remove your crap.

I have sent her other instructions that I got from someone else. I am waiting for her reply to see if it worked, at least enough so she can open her browser to download the spyware remover to clean out the rest of your stuff.

Do you have any idea how much time I spend helping people get rid of all the spyware in their computer??? 180Solutions should pay ME and everyone else who helps others because you're too bloody ignorant to give uninstall instructions THAT WORK THE FIRST TIME!

You want a definition of spyware? 180SOLUTIONS!!!!

I have TONS of emails like that 180help. You want me to post them all? You'll be here 24/7 for the next few months!

Catwoman

quote:
    Originally posted by 180help:
    Catwoman -

Users who are for some reason unable to uninstall Zango from their system can simply send our helpdesk a note and we will contact them to help troubleshoot and remove our programs from their system if they so desire.

This is too funny for words. Do you live in the clouds somewhere?? Most people who end up with Zango don't even know how they got it in the first place! If they so desire? THey didn't want it to begin with! Who are you trying to fool here?

quote:
    There have been some reports of systems hanging upon download. We are currently addressing this issue and should have a fix out by the end of this week.

No shit? ROFL The systems hang when they try to UNINSTALL your stuff! It downloads just fine, but it just can't be removed! Yes I'm sure you'll be addressing the issue, not a doubt in my mind.

quote:
    I am not sure how you got nCASE on your computer as we not longer even use nCASE. I can assure you that we do not "drive-by" download our programs. The only way that a drive-by download could have occured is through a distributor acting outside of our code of conduct. We take these issues very seriously and do not tolerate this behavior. As you probably know, we have recently filed a lawsuit in response to learning of a simmilar situation.

I think Gordon answered this post very well already. And I hope that whatever bites your ass it takes a HUGE chunk out of it!

Catwoman

Hang in there 180help. If you can spin your way out of this one your destined to be a top paid star in the Adwhore world. Hell Donald Trump would hire you to PR spin his way out of the fallout from filing bankrupsy.

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Pardon me for butting in..I don't know if this helps or if it's even what you're after but generally the thread is: Current User>>Software>>microsoft>>windows>>current version>> then at the bottom of that list was "ZANGO." That is how I found 180 Solutions as well (Current User and Machine)Let me know if you ever figure out how to get it out of there without it returning a couple of hours later! They will just keep changing their names and rearranging where they put things...but if we communicate with each other we can stay ahead of these "people." (I use the term loosely!)I would like an answer to that question too. How the hell did nCase get on my computer...someone else using that name now?
    Thanks for the welcome..glad to be here and hope that I can help.

quote:
    "I know that our programs are not spyware."

"Users who are for some reason unable to uninstall Zango from their system can simply send our helpdesk a note and we will contact them to help troubleshoot and remove our programs from their system if they so desire."

"I am not sure how you got nCASE on your computer as we not longer even use nCASE. I can assure you that we do not "drive-by" download our programs."

"The only way that a drive-by download could have occured is through a distributor acting outside of our code of conduct."

180Help, like your predecesser Tommy you are nothing but a bloody liar and wannabe con-man. Another thing, how the hell you can have the cheek to even address the fact that someone acts outside 180's COC when 180Solutions overrides every Networks COC on the bloody internet is beyond me?

I told you before I'll tell you again you and the company you work for are nothing but liars, thieves, con-men and scum.
    OH!! and you are also spyware, like it or friggin lump it but you are so don't try to tell us any different because it will not wash.

BTW I'm still, as are probably thousands of other people waiting for an answer to this.
    quote:

YouTrek

Anyone that supports software that hijacks computers, invades its inner works and all the unethical bullshit that goes with it, can go to hell. So you people behind 180 solutions can go to hell!!! First stop will probably be BIG fines and jail first though.

What a bunch of selfish low life liars! Your time is running out!

Tick Tock Tick Tock TicK tock Tic To......

Images of Captain Hook of Peter Pan fame runs through my head. Claria has it's gator mascot, WhenU has it's toilet bowl logo, and 180Solutions needs Capt. Hook as it's spokesperson.

Seeing as both Tommy and 180help are full of sh*t I thought this might help them

YouTrek

LOL ...Gordo your bad

Webmaster Mikes Sick Puter Clinic

Catwoman -

If you like, please forward our support email link http://zango.com/AboutUs/ContactUs.aspx to the user that is unable to remove our software. Have them reference ABW in their email and I will make certain that our helpdesk calls them to troubleshoot the problem. You are welcome to join the call as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast