Taken from their website "How often does Zango show me websites?

A typical Zango user is shown 2-3 targeted websites over a 24-hour period. The number of sites Zango shows can depend on how actively you search or shop online, but is designed to highlight the right information or offer at the right time instead of randomly bombarding you with useless information.

-----------------------------

Well that's bs, I get up to 6 an hour. They are not even able to tell the truth ( of course did I ever expect them to?) about anything.

Mr. Merchant if you are allowing your affiliates to use this kind of predatory advertising then your jepordizing your affilate program the longer you let affiliates use Zango to overwrite or place forced clicks on your site.

I suggest, no I DEMAND that everyone that's in affiliate marketing business download this software at zango.com and see for yourself how it's affecting your income.

Run it for a week and take a traquilizer, your blood will boil, heart will murmmer and your hands will shake with want to put them around someones neck.

Unless you are fully aware of what's happening you have no idea.

The only thing about the software is that it slows the browser down a lot whil'st it seeks to find an unscruplus affiliate or merchant to send your cookie to kingdom come.

It's now official... ZANGO IS POOP

That is all from the for now...

Poopie Nubert
    Signup Now for our KiteandWind affiliate program exclusivly at Shareasale.
    * 7% + Bonus - 365 return days
    * 2nd Tier Signup Bonus - Parasite Free - Auto Deposit Merchant
    * Free Datafeed - PopShops- Performance Cash Bonus

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'll second that poopie remark and dare any network management wanks to justify paying out millions to them, if the nCase/Zango perps aren't providing sex and kickbacks to them. Damn Adwhore operation also specifically targets children as an easy infestation point by game and screensaver hidden bundles.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

180's "privacy pledge" reports "We police distributors to ensure our disclosure rules are adhered to and we prohibit “drive-by” or “silent” installations."

Nonetheless, I have observed literally dozens of installations of 180 insalling silently, without notice or consent, including via security holes. See e.g. this video: http://www.benedelman.org/news/111804-1.html . Also, installation via a misleading popup ("you must agree to our terms and conditions") when a user merely attempts to play a Windows Media video. ( http://www.benedelman.org/news/010205-1.html )

I don't think today's Internet consumer is savvy enough to understand how these things work, they just know they don't like pop-ups and "in your face" tactics.

I suspect many of the merchants who associate with these software programs alienate more people than they attract. I don't know anyone who isn't bothered by pop-ups, and even if a merchant is only in one program, they have no way of knowing how many pop-ups people are seeing total.

So when "Acme Online" (not a real merchant...I don't think...) keeps popping up on someone's computer, it's not the software program that people associate the pop-up with, it's the merchant.

A good reputation is difficult to keep, and even harder to earn once soiled. Merchants who are wise will distance themselves from these things.

Andy

Returning to the "does not run by their own statements" title of this thread --

Spyware Warrior has an incredible posting responding to some claims 180 made in a recent interview.

Spyware Warrior's piece: Scratch a Lie, Find a Thief

(Disclosure for those who care: I gave Suzi of Spyware Warrior some links, and she cited some of my work [not to mention as some great old ABW threads]. But I'm not affiliate with Spyware Warrior in any way.)

15 years and counting
    Not later than yesterday, I was looking around "screensavers" on the web and my clean PC got infected by "a boatload of spyware and adware".
    Just a silent stealth install. No eula, no nothing. I had to run Spybot, Spyware Blaster an a few others several times before running MS antiSpyware to discover I had MoneyTree, CoolWebSearch, Xrenoder, 180SearchAssistant, AProposMedia, AvenueMedia and an automatic reinstall with 1st.1stbar.

I've not seen any 180search Assistant prompt, didn't accept any eula. These 180solutions people are liars.

A particular favourite of mine recently was having to clean up 180Solutions malware (plus others such as SAS) from PCs infected with the Kelvir virus. Sure, they will probably claim that it's an "affiliate" doing this, but I betcha they never boot anyone. And yes, it's reguarly installed via security holes in my opinion too.

Under UK law these acts are illegal and liable to extradition and criminal prosecution. The difficulty is that 180 are hiding behind so-called affiliates - but consider that Scott Richter's OptInRealBig used the same "affiliate" technique and is now crumbling under a massive lawsuit from Microsoft.

Maye.. just maybe.. there's a faint whiff of blood in the air on this one.
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Question for the Feds and networks to determine is are the multiple infestation partners all linked by payolla as FREEBEE plants for the whole group of BHO's to use. Basically affiliate front operations hiring themselves out to whack systems. They sure seem to contract with virus hackers to open up trojan backdoors and create re-infestation viruses. I'm sure 180Solutions knows every virus trickster in their stable of thieves as they view the re-infestation logs.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread