Thanks Haiko for starting this Amazon Board.

I noticed that the "items ordered" figure is set to zero at the beginning of each quarter. I always wondered what happened to the items ordered from the previous quarter that are not shipped by the end of the quarter?

Happy Holidays!

marcelle

OK, now, why is it they don't ship items ordered?

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    This quarter I had more items shipped than ordered, so I don't think they lose anything.

That is, 2 items that did not ship last quarter shipped this quarter, and the count is right between the two quarters, overall.

"No day is so bad, it can't be fixed with a nap." - Carrie Snow

Hmm....Well, I hope they have shipped something. I only needed two items shipped to get to the next commission tier and I had 10 items not shipped on the 24th. Who knows how many now.

The Wolf Credo: Respect the elders. Teach the young. Cooperate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between. Share your affections. Voice your feelings. Leave your mark.

SSanf,

They have probably looked at your stats and know you are close to the next level, so they will delay shipping those items till 01/02/03 so they can save money by paying you less.

I'm on the edge to, have enough items ordered for the next level, just waiting to see if they ship them ontime or screw me.

Nope, I made it to the next tier!

Web Ho - Design B!tch ~Michelle's Avatar
    I'm also waiting on two items to ship so that I make the next tier. So far they haven't.

GRrrrrrr

~Michelle

Congrats SSanf!

I didn't quite make it on today's update, but maybe tommorrow. Looking on the bright side, I have over 30 items pending shipment, so I'll be able to get to the 5% tier in the first couple days (I'm thinking I should opt in the tierred structure for Q1 due to the amount of CJ merchants I'll be firing and replacing with Amazon links).
    Still not thrilled about the easylink requirement. Committing to a banner on my home page for 3 months scares me - plus I've been working on decreasing my load time, not increasing it.

I've noticed that at the end of several quarters, I had more items showing ordered than shipped.

Only once at the beginning of a new quarter did I show an item shipped with no orders placed for that quarter.

Amazon really needs to provide us with a better accounting of what happens to items that have been ordered but aren't shipped.

So far, almost 10% of my orders for Q4 2002 haven't been shipped, and I have no idea why.

Andy

AFFILIATE MARKETING STANDARD: The site upon which the initial action to buy occurs is the site the commission is paid to. Period.

Well - for one thing, I can see more items shipped already in January than have been ordered in January - I suspect some of those Christmas sales items are being pushed forward in the next quarters accounting - I noticed the same thing the last quarter.

Abigail

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread