I installed the WhenU's savenow thing, and it pops up on Amazon. The last time the banner was about saving on Amazon: "Amazon.com shoppers...Save Instantly on this purchase...click for coupon details. This is a WhenU offer and is not sponsored or displayed by the websites you are visiting. More..." I checked the .db file and Amazon is not listed in there.
    Hmmm....Hellfire!

What was the account code? Forward it to them.

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Did you click on that pop up to see what happened? I've seen these pops (actually on my own site too ) and where it takes you is to Whenu's order page for their paid service.

I have emailed Amazon about this in the past. At least they did respond. But it was more along the lines of we are aware that this happens, we don't like it, but we have no control over what people want to install on their computers. Of course, maybe the more and more people who complain to Amazon about it, will help them to realize that that reasoning is faulty and there *is* something they can do about it.

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

The first time I got that popup I was too busy, so I was hoping to get it in the future again.
    So, I just got it popped up and although the popup is a gif and I can't check its location, the very next page address is
    http://spweb.whenu.com/pop_up/coupon_1_N_popup.html

I will try to investigate some more later, really no time right now. SO I'm posting the URL for everybody who's interested but doesn't want to install savenow crapware on their computers.

Well, you see, the first time when I wrote about it, I got their pop-up when I was checking my stats on Amazon. LOL That's why it made me mad. Hehe.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread