What do you guys think of the commission structure for next quarter. According to an email I just got, they’ve dropped the sleazy link requirement to take part in the tiered program. They’ve also raised the commission to 7% on “qualifying” apparel purchases and 8% on “qualifying” kitchen, tools, and hardware purchases. No word on the $10 cap though. I’ll admit the 7% looks a lot better than the 2.5%, especially if they can convert on these items the way they convert on books. I just worry about what they might do in the future. I don’t want to spend time building pages only to see the commission drop again after the end of the quarter.

“That’s the song I’ve been sangin for years, that’s the way the wild wind blows” – Robert Earl Keen

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I got unimpressed when I saw how many things of theirs I'd have to sell to get to a decent commission tier!

I can sell ONE itty-bitty thing at a different merchant and have 10% right out of the gate. So, I'll continue to use Amazon only in emergencies--and stick with the flat rate.

~Revenue is King

Opposite the Slough of Despond
    Well, if the horrid link requirement goes it sounds better. I wasn't going to waste site real estate with it.

I'm really frustrated with Amazon though, I send visitors through on individual ASINs but still only get 0.74% conversion, and have done fairly consistently. EPC floats around $1-$2.

In other words, I've sent them a whole load of traffic and it's really done nothing much at all. And as for the 15% thing.. well, it does happen from time to time, but not as much as I'd expect bearing in mind people are clicking the ASINs and then puchasing the product. <sigh>

All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread