Have you guys seen the new commission structure at Amazon? Fantastic! 8% for Household and Hardware; 7% for Apparel.

They just gave me a raise because most of the items I sell fall under the 8% commission structure. No more tiered program for me.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Tracy,
    Is there any way to tell which housewares fall under the higher commission umbrella?
    Or is it all of housewares?

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

I think it is only the Housewares sold directly by Amazon. I'm always careful not to link to Target, Marshall Fields, etc.

My report yesterday: 2 sales shipped (which had to have been ordered in June). I received the 8% commission, which was $4.00 more than I would have received it they had shipped in June.

The funny thing is that I was on the tiered plan last quarter. For the last few weeks I've been adding a lot of Amazon to my site, hoping that this quarter I would be able to bump up another tier. All that work was well worth it because now those links should generate 8% fees.

Pretty smart of Amazon to raise the commission on the items they're earning a higher profit margin on. It sure has motivated me to put up more Amazon links. I would think up until now most people were primarily linking to the discounted books in hopes of earning the 15%.

Gotta love it! Three raises in two month. First Ebay upped the referral from $5.00 to $6.00; then I switched from being a Tupperware affiliate to a rep and went from 7% to 20%, and now Amazon! Sure beats working for somebody else and having to go in and ask for a raise.

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

I'm pretty happy about this too. Every single sale of mine last quarter was housewares.

First positive thing to come out of Amazon in a while.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

But now I'm getting nailed by the $10 cap. That never happened to me before the raise. Same product.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread