ABW Ambassador
    I'm building my first Amazon site and am using the individual links but what's strange is that some of the links show on the amazon page with the book, title, price, etc. but when I paste it into my page it shows an amazon ad (ie., not the specific book ad I want, just a generic ad.) This has happened on a couple of links.

Anyone have any experience with them switching out the ads like this? My whole site has these links and I don't want to wake up one day and see all generic amazon ads where my nice individual links are now.

Just curious.

Thanks,
    Kip

Nope. Do you use the "build a link" thingy? There are so many different ways to get links you have to be more specific before anyone can meaningfully help you.

I use that thingy, and the "host it yourself" option (or whatever it's called. can't go look now because the site seems to be down) because when you use the one they host they sometimes use generic ads when they are short of resources. Or so I've heard.

ABW Ambassador
    Ah, that's what's happening then. Yes, it's the individual links in the build a link section. These were the "they" host it links. That's probably it. I'm going to bag those then. I don't like not knowing what's going to come up.

Thanks,
    Kip

I’ve had the same thing happen with some of their rotating links. Mostly if I’m working in Front Page in the editor view. Switching to the preview, it always worked fine. They may have underestimated the demand for the new individual product links and ran out of resources needed to display them.

Jason
    “I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread