Clickxchange.com has a maintenance charge of $2 for every month you are inactive (don't login for 180 consecutive days)

Does anyone know of any other networks that do this? Is it just a way to get some extra money from anyone who signs up and forgets about their account? What do you think?

They are one of the worst affiliate networks I have ever joined. Thank God we don't bill them for all those downtimes they usually experience so charging as for $2, what a joke.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    It sounds like Bull to me. If a person is making any money, they will log in.

And if they're not, is clickxchange seriously going to hire a bill collector to get those two dollar charges? Only a couple of phone calls and letters would eat up the entire $2!

They could be trying to increase the amount of "active affiliates" without having to actually spend promotional money. A $2 charge threat would get a lot of people to log in, since it would be easier to do that than put up with dunning e-mails.

The purpose of that is most likely to wow some investor(s) with a file-full of "active" affiliates--or to wow a potential buyer of the company, IMO.

It looks like they're having a bit of trouble increasing their customer base through massive advertising, which is what companies usually do to wow the investors and/or buyers. So the next best thing is to "maximize" what they already have.

that sucks
    i signed up with them about 2 years ago and i've only ever logged in once when i first signed up

i guess they'll be sending the debt collectors round

an inactivity charge was the final policy at alladvantage.com just before they went backrupt [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: austin powers ]

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't they just come out and say, "Hey, we need money to pay the web host" and then pass the hat?

Better yet, how about a ClickXChange telethon? We'll get Jerry Lewis and Ed McMahon to host and take pledges from people who would pay to see Clickxchange shut down.

Mike [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    now morphing to Dr. Evil-Somebody fire up the BigBoy!

[ 12-15-2001: Message edited by: Dr. Evil ]

ABW Ambassador
    Anyone know where to find the ClickXChange terminate account button?

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread