Can someone point me to the location of the actual feed? I'm not in need of the snazzy little tools or the Cusimano scripts.

I just need the feed in the usual tab/pipe/whatever delimited text file. I'd even take XML.

Anyone got the link or location in the Asscoiates section?

OK, no replies. Let's try this:

I'm trying to get all the products Amazon sells into an XML file for importing into my own database. Basically I'm looking for a text based datafeed. I can create my own if I can get the dev kit to spit out all products and prices. Huge, I know. Is this possible?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steele Johnson:
    OK, no replies. Let's try this:

I'm trying to get all the products Amazon sells into an XML file for importing into my own database. Basically I'm looking for a text based datafeed. I can create my own if I can get the dev kit to spit out all products and prices. Huge, I know. Is this possible?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, I can't help you but I would also be interested in that. Hope someone knows something.

Amazon doesn't work like that - there is no data feed file as such available.

The following may have the odd technical snafu in it, but broadly:

What they have is AWS - Amazon Web Services - which is an interface to their database. Suitably formatted queries return XML results - designed for use a product, a query, a browse node (category) at a time. The key thing is it's all designed to be used live - not for syphoning. Don't know, but I'd guess they have some safeguards in place to prevent syphoning via AWS.

I also think you have to get some kind of developers licence/key to have access at all.

Bottom line - whether you want to integrate Amazon products into sites or create a complete Amazon-based site, I find it hard to imagine there's a better (economical, fast start, flexible) way to do it than via the Cusimano script.

--------------
    Are you Crazy?

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread