I'm starting to see more and more links to Amazon on incentive sites regardless of if they are offering incentives or not on Amazon (some are, some aren't)
    I read that it is NOT allowed to do so, so how are these sites getting away with linking? Or are they just not being caught?

Thank you

ABW Ambassador
    to complement your post you can find such an option on http://www.themutual.net .

i am trying for the past few days to find more information regarding this issue but the only thing that i can find is when such an option -incentivized sales to users- was an old thread on amazon associates for ebates.com where amazon gave it an exclusive "beta test" right to offer -where it states that with the exception of ebates noone will be allowed to offer incentivized sales on amazon.... but i am comming with sites like themutual.net mentioned above more and more in the past view weeks and i can not find whether it is allowed or not and if it is allowed how to do it.

anyone out there with more info?

I'm interested in hearing more. Amazon.com's standard affiliate program doesn't have an option for user-level tracking that would be required with any incentive program.

I use user-level tracking whenever it is available to monitor results for my various sites, links, traffic sources, etc. Although I'm not excited about Amazon.com getting into bed with incentive sites, I would very much like to see that kind of tracking be made available.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    seems that noone's is interested or nooned knows...i guess that it is a probably a "private" deal between the two companies...although i get to see more and more sites comming up especially on the amazon.co.uk domain

Animal Lover
    Is Amazon in with parasites? eg like ebates etc. I've put up a lot of their links and am wondering if I need to put the afsrc=1 tag to them in the redirect.

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    well themutual.net and greasypalm is not promoting parasites -greasypalm has a BHO but is very nice...although some consider it parasitware-

ebates was promoting amazon but now only goes after their coupons

by the way waht is the afsrc=1 tag? what does it and how does work?

Animal Lover
    The afsrc=1 tag is supposed to be the way to 'tell' the parasites not to pop up on the merchant site when the merchant site is reached through someone else's affiliate link (so theoretically it's supposed to be a 'hands off' my cookie thing). There are lots of posts on abw about this - do a search here. It only works on a redirected link from your site.

Oscar

ABW Ambassador
    thanks for your info...i am still working out my experience on affiliate issues ;-)

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread