I'm new to this forum, but not to Amazon. I'm doing okay without scripts, and I don't have enough expertise to know why I should use a script.

What is a script, anyhow?

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon web services. To use it, you need a script. It allows you to have Amazon content on your site. Your visitors don't have to leave your site in order to read Amazon reviews, check pricing, etc.

The other advantage is the boost in content, search engine food.

Consistency is the key to a winning season.

I use scripts to save time. If there is a new widget or say you want all Harry Potter books listed on your site it literaly takes 2 minutes to set up. Doing it the old fashioned hard coding way is just crazy!!

For a script see the Cusimano forum on this site

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

Action Jackson - King of the World
    or better yet get one for free:P

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

ABW Ambassador
    I wrote my own script to integrate Amazon into one of my content sites. I say it's working pretty well right now.

One drawback: you can't see what items people are clicking through.

Consistency is the key to a winning season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson992:

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me Jackson992, can you tell me where I can find a free script to use amazon products on my website?? Thanks in advance

Argie

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jackson992:

Jack Mitchell

Excuse me Jackson992, can you tell me where I can find a free script to use amazon products on my website?? Thanks in advance

Argie

Jack Mitchell

Argie

Action Jackson - King of the World
    As far as I know there isn't a free one.I was referring more to scripts in general

Jack Mitchell
    http://jacksretail.com

ABW Ambassador

This script combined with mod_rewrite is great but everybody is using it now....!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by weisinator:
    I wrote my own script to integrate Amazon into one of my content sites. I say it's working pretty well right now.

One drawback: you can't see what items people are clicking through.

Consistency is the key to a winning season. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

well, if you play around with the url, you can get click through data...check out the links for individual items on the affiliate site

With a script you put it up and then never touch it again. Amazon does all the updating work!! With mod_rewrite you do even better. I got half a million URLs indexed in Google from using my mod-rewrite hack. Only downside was releasing the hack generated a ton of competition!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nintendo:
    I got half a million URLs indexed in Google from using my mod-rewrite hack. Only downside was releasing the hack generated a ton of competition!!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, I was wondering how long it was going to take for you to post about it (or even if you would)

Yep, you can read all about it on the Amazon boards.... the "expendable" debate...

Ebudae

ahhh...people are very mad there about web services...now, on one hand if you are creating good content you should get good linking, etc and not worry so much about search engines. on the other, you can almost mirror amazon's catalogue into google with the api

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Argie:
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wrote a free one that gives you content-driven ads for a website. It's meant to be plugged in an ad space, not used as a whole website though. If you're interested here it is. www.abettermall.com/tools/EasyAmazonToolBarSetup.aspx

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread