Hey everyone. I have a quick question. I see that Amazon has a bunch of other companies that they offer products for, for instance, Toy's R Us, Nordstrom, Office Depot, etc... My question is, if I want to link to say, Nordstrom, from my site... Should I just use Amazons Nordstrom link or actually Apply for the Nordstrom affiliate program? I'm having this conflict in my mind and can't decide what to do. Any helpful advice?

ABW Ambassador
    I always use the merchant's program unless you have a merchant that rejects you or can't get in and Amazon carries them, like JCPenney for me. You also want to look at how much they're paying you. Amazon starts at 5% for all sales, so you need to compare that to the merchant's own affiliate program.

better also check Amazon.com's TOS etc for the list of companies they don't want you to link to, if you haven't already.

More Cheesier Than Ever Cheesehead's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    better also check Amazon.com's TOS etc for the list of companies they don't want you to link to, if you haven't already. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I looked through the TOS to find this but didn't see this, although I just looked through quickly. You mean they don't want you placing affiliate links for other specified merchants?
    This World is Not My Home
    We're gonna go inside, we're gonna go outside, inside and outside. . . And then we're gonna go go go and we're not gonna stop til we get across that goalline! Quotes from the movie Rudy, 1993

ABW Ambassador
    Here are the one's i've found you're not supposed to link too, can't find any others, unless i'm missing them.
    Circuit City, Crabtree & Evelyn, Elisabeth, Godiva, Lands' End, Liz Claiborne, Lucky Brand Jeans, Nordstrom, and Sephora.

But you'll still get paid commissions if someone purchases from those stores at Amazon. Funny i could make 5% for Circuit City thru Amazon and only 1% thru their own program.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TrustNo1®:
    Funny i could make 5% for Circuit City thru Amazon and only 1% thru their own program. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hmmm... Never thought about it that way
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread