Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    this is very strange. Is anyone else not seeing sales?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The big shots are only the little shots who keep shooting.
    -Christopher Morley

My sales have been very flat for the past 4 days.. Averaging 1 sale perday.. Was averaging 4.
    The best things in life are not things at all...

My sales are way up, In the frist 10 days of this quarter I've already shipped 50% of my total items I shipped in the 3rd quarter.

Since they changed their backend interface I have seen a huge drop in the number of clicks. I don't get any sales so that I can't comment on.
    <b><a href="http://5startravelgroup.com" rel="nofollow">5 Star Travel Group</a> - Luxury Travel Memberships</b>
    Lifetime membership pays <b>$1000 commission on two levels</b>
    Very easy to sell, unbelievably lucrative! <a href="http://5startravelgroup.com/contact.php">Contact me</a> for more information.

it's only strange if you are experiencing thousands of hits and just a few sales. seems to be the nature of the amazon.com visitors through your links that they look a lot before they buy.

that 24-hour cookie doesn't help, either.

October seems ok so far, almost at the 7% tier now. Nothing special, but not horrible either.

No sales for Ocober?
    Hmmm, that's really strange!

Oh, no - wait a minute...my amazon account dried up a while back and no amount of CPR is going to bring it back to life.

Seriously though, the amazon sales are way down.
    It's just really frustrating, isn't it?
    Never argue with an idiot.
    The person watching, may not be able to tell the difference!

:female: :star: :envelope: [url="http://www.bridalbasics.ca/"]:weddingca[/url]

Amazon is a waste of valuable webmasters time.
    I gave them the kick some two years ago. Thousands of daily viewers yet hardly one sale per month (if I’m lucky). Yeah right.

Can't believe people are still promoting this program. The Amazon program is a real joke.

One thing you can be rest assured of. Your viewers are buying allright. But Amazon correctly crediting you for the sales is another matter. They just don't and i don't really care for the reasons as the “reasons” always seem to favour the merchant (and not the hard working affiliate).

Switch to promoting digital products from other networks and you’ll do 1000% better then amazon.
    I've learnt it the hard way.

http and a telephoto
    I still offer Amazon links to my visitors because many of them are looking for books and information on the subjects of my sites. I don't make a lot, but I get gift certificate payments and treat myself to cool stuff every quarter
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I still offer Amazon links to my visitors because many of them are looking for books and information on the subjects of my sites <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me too and that's the only reason because the pay, what little I've earned, hasn't been worth it so far.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>that 24-hour cookie doesn't help <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

^
    Is that something new or has it been this way all along ?

Animal Lover
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Is that something new or has it been this way all along ?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As far as I know, it's always been a 24hour cookie.

Oscar
    My DataFeed Scripts - php datafeed scripts for your site
    Shareasale datafeed scripts - to display Shareasale datafeeds
    Linkshare datafeed scripts - for multiple Linkshare merchants

I should've known that!!!!

"Amazon is a waste of valuable webmasters time."

I don't think so. I ran links to amazon books side by side with barnes/noble. Amozon always sold way more books. Now, I have leaving just the amaozon links.

"Amazon is a waste of valuable webmasters time."

I'd also disagree. The site I'm featuring it on isn't very large, nor does it get much traffic, but we sell a book every 2 days on average. More than enough to pay for the hosting with a bit left over. If we promoted more, I'm guessing we'd see mroe sales - it's a niche market thing, I'm guessing.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    I've hardly ever sold any books through them (I think I sold all of two books), but I have gotten sales for products. They're not a big producer, but they're more of a "stopgap" merchant for me as opposed to one I'd promote heavily. They did raise their commish a bit in the last go-round, so I may consider using them a bit more now.

I don't have Amazon on regular feed pages, but on old single pages where the original merchant(s) have long gone to 404sville or have quit stocking the item in question, they've salvaged the existing traffic more than once.

It bugs the heck out of me that Amazon's products are just a glorified Crapalog City-like deal but at least Amazon actually converts for me--CC never could.

Granted the CR would be better if they had a decent cookie duration.
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

My problem is I can't even get to Amazon today. Anyone else?

ABW Ambassador
    Same here can't get to amazon.com today.
    Cazzie

ABW Ambassador
    Amazon has been a mess lately. Most of the time I search for a product, it returns zero results. My sales have hit the toilet, but at least I am not chasing any Growth Bonuses this quarter.

15 years and counting
    I'm still seing the same level of sales but I don't promote them anymore. They are more a competitor than a partner. May be, I don't like them to be above me for many of my important keywords.

I actually had 5 sales with them yesterday. Pretty amazing considering their site was down most of the day. Heard about it on the news this am but they aren't saying what the problem was.

AFter having 25 sales per month avg all summer which is strange in and of itself, I have registered a ZERO for all of october thru today. Sad. The parasites must have revved up again. J.B. Must be laughing all the way to the bank.

he can't laugh too loud -- they are still in the hole, if I remember right.

hits overall for AMZN get wierd, once in a while: with Google ignoring my sites lately, a typical day brings maybe 25-40 hits and no orders. Once this month and for a 4-day stretch two months or so ago I saw about 550 hits a day show up in the reports. I have no explanation for it as the logs show no extra visitors those days. Those particular days from two months ago I received two orders.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Herb Ô¿Ô¬:
    he can't laugh too loud -- they are still in the hole, if I remember right. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

He still gets his cash mind you. AKA Enron,Adelphia,Tyco the list goes on and on.

Not a single sale since I put up this Associate Engine site - I've tried everything I could do except pay for exposure. I can't spend any more money on this. 2 months and counting without a sale -- and it's pre-Christmas!
    When do you call it quits - or do you bite the bullet and pay for clicks? Especially with this lousy commission.
    ??help??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast