Hi. I'm relatively new to affiliate marketing and I've been reading about people's accounts being terminated because of un-approved tactics. I am an amazon affiliate using adwords. What kind of circumstances would cause account termination? Would amazon still be owe you commisions prior to termination. I'm just worried because haven't got any money to spare and I can't take any risks.

at this point I'd worry more about spending too much on adwords for Amzn products than on being caught messing with other people's commissions via overwriting links, cookie-stuffing, etc.

Why would anyone owe you commissions if you are using unapproved tactics that are grounds for termination? Best thing to do if you aren't sure is reread the terms and ask specific questions.

I'm mainly talking about bidding on keywords the affiliate program wouldn't approve of?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> I'm mainly talking about bidding on keywords the affiliate program wouldn't approve of <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like another one who will come back whining about why was the account terminated, and monies not paid

Nobody in here is going to tolerate or be sympathetic if you think you have the right to use the methods that are not allowed, especially if you are aware they are wrong.
    You teach your children cheating works best too????

AffiliateMan
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> What kind of circumstances would cause account termination? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You agreed to Amazon's Operating Agreement when you joined Associates. It describes the rules you have to obey:

Operating Agreement

-- Roger

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by element_of_0ne:
    I'm mainly talking about bidding on keywords the affiliate program wouldn't approve of? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>What part of the Operating Agreement are you reading that makes you think there are keywords you can't bid on?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread