ABW Ambassador
    So you have 2 choices either Classic or Performance. Why do they even have or why would anybody pick Classic? Can't figure out why that's even there.

Classic
    4% off all sales, only cap is $25 for laptops and computers

Performance
    5% - 8% off all sales based on number of items shipped, only cap is $25 for laptops and computers.

Items Shipped/Referral Rate
    1-20/5.00%
    21-100/5.25%
    101-350/5.75%
    351-1000/6.00%
    1001-2000/6.75%
    2001-5000/7.00%
    5001-10000/7.25%
    10001-50000/7.75%
    50001+/8.00%

So it looks like Amazon is one of the best places to sell electronics since electronic merchants usually pay pretty low commission %. People trust Amazon and you start at 5% with no cap. I know there's a few that pay more but i think i will be pushing Amazon.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Why do they even have or why would anybody pick Classic? Can't figure out why that's even there. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's probably just for marketing acceptance. It's been said that people prefer a choice, even when one of the choices is clearly lousy.

As a side-benefit to Amazon, some people are probably so used to just keeping "Classic"--or ignoring the email that says to pick one--that they'll miss the fact that the Performance version is actually good this time...
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Classic is there
    because the other plan may change
    from Q to Q

It's a shame they didn't stick to the system they had last quarter with the growth bonus - I really did well out of that!
    Innovative advertising with Slimeware Corporation and Telephore. Mail-order fuel with Petrol Direct.

http and a telephoto
    LOL, they KNOW that sales grow in Q4 so weren't gonna shoot themselves in the foot by paying bonus on that. Now they need to pay growth bonus on improving quarter sales over the same quarter for prior year, but that would exclude newbies from making any bonus.

I did well last quarter too
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Classic has been there since the company first allowed affiliate sales. Only in the past several years have they started trying to come up with new plans to get us to produce more.

Now, if they'd experiment with a realistic cookie duration, I think they'd be on the right track.

I also think Classic is there because Performance changes Q to Q. But I also think Performance is there only for the affiliates who are paying attention and active. The ones who aren't don't reap the greater commission %.

http and a telephoto
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ian @ eyiproducts.com:
    I also think Classic is there because Performance changes Q to Q. But I also think Performance is there only for the affiliates who are paying attention and active. The ones who aren't don't reap the greater commission %. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Agreed, it is a way for them to see who is paying attention! Also, many authors feature only their own books on their websites and they would generally only qualify for the Classic, with the requirements of "other" purchases besides books for the higher commission.

Authors actually make more on the aff program than they get in royalities!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    I'm glad things are staying pretty much the same for this quarter, just some minor changes, nothing affecting me:

In Q1 2005, in order to optimize our compensation plans, we have made the following modifications:

Performance fee structure. We have lowered the uppermost tier in the Performance fee structure from 50,001+ units to 10,001+ units. Associates reaching that top tier will earn a referral rate of 7.5% on qualifying referrals. All other tiers in the Performance fee structure will remain unchanged.

Classic fee structure. We will no longer pay link-type premiums to Associates enrolled in our Classic fee structure.

This quarter, we will continue to offer the following opportunities to earn more:

Link-type premiums. Participants in the Performance fee structure will earn an additional 1% using Easy Links and 2.5% using Direct Links. These premiums are paid in addition to base referral fees.

Equal earnings on third-party items. The referral fee rate for third-party items will be the same as for Amazon items for all Associates. Earning the same rate, you'll be able to focus on what's important - selecting the best products for your visitors.

Remember--your fee structure selection (Performance or Classic) will carry over from Q4 2004. Unless you would like to modify your most recent selection, there is no need to actively choose a fee structure in Q1 2005.

I wonder how many affiliates are still in the Classic plan and if that is the only reason it is being kept.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread