Thread: Datafeed changes possible ?

I was hoping to import the datafeed into mysql and run it off my own php script.

the problem i am facing is that the supplemental datafeed or the datafeed does not give me means to have a good navigation.

If the supplemental datafeed could have some sort of relation between supercategory,category & subcategory it would be quite useful. Also all cats/subcats only have names and hence any search queries in msyql becomes a bit messy.

Also the category and subcategory names have commas, slashes and other characters which are not good enough when you need to store them in a database.

I hope you come across with some good alternatives.

Welcome to ABW smartboyinuk !!

Assuming this isn't your first datafeed, then you must tell us which others you're using ... cos most people round here reckon this is about the best laid out and cleanest feed we've seen

I should say up front that I don't use the supplemental feed (that's the categories only, right?), but concerning the main product feed:

I guess I'm missing somthing about your question, because navigation and structure seems pretty obvious - subcats are within cats are within supercats?

What else would you want in cats/subcats other than their names? You mean numeric cats? Please, no - let's keep nice descriptive cat names for urls etc.

Concerning non-alphanumeric characters, they're evrywhere in datafeeds, you just have to develop a set of filters to process them over time. Also extra leading and trailing spaces, extraneous html, special markup ... they all creep in from time to time. In fact, the different solutions to fixing this might be one of the best guarantees that datafeed sites stay different from each other

If I've misunderstood your problem, just say so, but I had to post because I for one wouldn't want any changes made to this feed lightly.

Are you Crazy?

I agree with CrazyGuy.
    Once a feed is up and running any changes are a real pain for everyone else who is already using the feed... nothing worse than a feed that keeps changing format.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Sunny Miami
    Hi Smartboy,

Welcome to our family...

Regarding the feed, we are not making any changes to the current feeds.

We are however releasing a system where you can break down the feed by category into more manageable "smaller" feeds, segmented feeds if you like...

That will be out very soon, it is designed to make it easier for all of you to work with them and optimize your pages...
    Affiliate Program Management and Consulting Services
    P: (305)412-3512 | C: (305)785-4524 | E:
    AIM: AffiliateDoctor | ICQ: 175010 | MSN: AffiliateDoctor
    W: - Sign up for my newsletter, earn money!

Its good to hear that there will be no changes in the feed.

Andy, I shall be contacting you later today on the phone.

Thanks All.

6. Newsletter Signup