Thread: Full feed sites and bots

Does anyone who has the full feed on their site know if any of the big three search engines have indexed all of the links?

Frank
    "Just the facts, Ma'am." Sgt. Joe Friday, Dragnet

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Who cares as even the merchant doesn't have all their pages indexed.
    Webmaster's... Mike and Charlie

"What have you done today to put real value into a referral click...from a shoppers viewpoint!"

Good shot Mike

I agree wiht mike...

I have about 300 indexed...

FYI... contray to the hype given about this program...

the conversion on this program is less then 1% of targeted click thrus.....

this program is a very small niche program...

JOe...

PS>>>NOw let's let the hype and rebutt begin....
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

Mike,

We can do *many* things to optimize our pages for better indexing, but believe it or not, we have set this as a low engineering priority since we would rather leave that opportunity up to our affiliate partners so they can build a substantive business with BettyMills, and also as not compete with us on the organic listings.

We couldn't expect to have the combined experience of all of our affiliates who focus on the world of SEO for their livelyhood.

We tend to focus on usability features to increase conversions and to generate repeat sales, and our engineering task list is mostly about that.

As for my2cents low conversion rate, as Andy pointed out, it varies widely by affiliate, and our best converters are 'quietly' enjoying the fruits of their craft. If your conversions are low, it has little to do with our program, and likely more to do with the technique/method you've applied. I would steer away from disparaging the program, and rather focus on the leverage of marketing 30,000 products that are priced right, shipped fast and selling like mad. It has absolutely nothing to do with Hype and all to do with execution.
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

My site contains 3948 pages.

About 2700 pages were indexed by Google and 380 by Yahoo.

Last month I didn't have sales at all. This month I have 2 sales in 20 clicks.

Victor,

I agree with everything you are saying...

It was not my intention to disparage you or your program...

One's SEO ability is going to determine how well one does with this or any other program...

Meerly putting up a 30.000 page website without some tweeking to the software/template... will get you some lookers but no sales...

Mops,cleaning supplies, sheds etc... have almost no sex appeal.. so, one needs to be more creative. those that understand this are the ones who will do well with this program...

I really like the BettyMills program... infact i was one of the first to join... and i intend to stay for the duration...

I was meerly stating my observation ...basted on my own experiences with this program.... having generated 10,000 plus visitors to my site and very few click thrus hence NO sales....

FYI>>> the average time on my BettyMills site is 2.5 mins... and 5 pages are viewed...

MOps and filing supplies are my most viewed pages

JOe
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    that's my2cents, 'cuz I'm a legend in my own mind....

I've got over 10,000 pages indexed at one of my BM sites, out of around 20k total pgs at that site.

Thanks for your replies.

So, do you think there is a limit to the number of links that the SE will follow?

Frank

I don't know if there's a limit, the most pages I've got google to index in 1 site is 93,000... but that site doesn't make a lot of sales... pages aren't everything of course.

Does anyone have an opinion as too weather dynamic or static pages would do better with the SE's? I find that static pages take up WAY to much disk space. I recently completed my first web merge site and it took up over 1 GB on myserver for just 40,000 K in pages.

I am planing on building a BM site next. But I am going to make the site dynamic, one template that draws individual products from MySQL. Can anyone share their experiences between the two?

12. Newsletter Signup