Thread: BettyMills Q3 - 2004 Datafeed Now Available!

Affiliate Manager
    Hello All BettyMills Affiliates,

Yes, it is finally here! The BettyMills Company Q3 Product Datafeed and Supplemental Datafeed are ready for download!

With 30,822 products, there are endless sales ahead.

Note: It is imperative if you are using the Q2 or earlier datafeed to upgrade to the new Q3 datafeed as soon as possible as MANY new items will be added and deleted, and virtually ALL prices will change.

Go to BettyMills Affiliate Site now.

Additionally, Zipped generic versions of the files for script users are now loaded and available at the affiliate site.

More good news to come, but for the time being, focus on the new feed while we prepare to roll out a bevy of new and exciting programs for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Happy Earnings!

http and a telephoto
    I think that I have given Betty enough time and space and will skip the next incarnation. Apparently I don't have the right traffic, or the traffic I send just doesn't convert.

I am sure the rest of the affs that are making money will be glad my pages are coming down.

edited to add: Maybe I'll wait a bit, I actually had a sale in June (I thought we got emails when we made sales) for $2.07 in commish and have made $.75 from adsense!!! Maybe things are picking up!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

I can never get the datafeed to download. I click on the download file link on the master file and it just times out. I tried to get it a few months ago and the same thing happened so many times I gave up. Is there a FTP address?

"Is there a FTP address? "

This would be helpful to me as well. Can they set it up.

(Fred is wondering why that would be difficult)

Fred

Is this updated feed compatible with the Cusimano secript bettym.pl : v4.04.30?

Or, should I be waiting for a new script before updating?

There are problems with the feed as posted.

The problem is that some rows contain 22 values, others contain 23. The top row (the field names) has a blank 23rd value. This is causing our import script to reject rows that have a mis-match.

If the last column is blank, it should still have a tab delimiter before it (that is, not trimmed). What is the last field anyway, the one that is unnamed and only shows up sometimes?

Regardless, all lines should have exactly the same number of columns, and each column should have a name in the first row. (The blank line is row 2 is also unnecessary, but isn't really hurting anything).

Tac

PS. Also, I've looked and looked, where is the generic zipped file hidden? Can someone just post a URL? Going through the selection process downloads a 22M file and takes several minutes -- ugh.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tac:
    PS. Also, I've looked and looked, where is the generic zipped file hidden? Can someone just post a URL? Going through the selection process downloads a 22M file and takes several minutes -- ugh. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Hello,

The generic zipped file is located here:
    http://www.bettymills.com/affiliate_...lsfeedzip.html

Jason Weinstein
    http://www.MaximumEdge.com/

I imported without complaint from my own scripts.. pages I quickly checked looked ok.

But there are too many pages to check manually, were there any changes made besides prices and adding/removing products?

Thx -- I imported the generic script, but this time instead of being inconsistent with 22 and 23 columns, it's 21 and 22 columns, so there must be an additional column if you go through the form (which will also put your MerchantID in the feed).

Still, there are errors in the feed. We have a policy of not importing rows where there is a mismatch, because often instead of meaning "this last column is blank", it means that fields have shifted one direction of the other. This can put shipping into the sales price, or availability into the category, etc. It is reasonable to request that the each row in the datafeed have the exact same number of columns.

Tac

Is is possible to provide the datafeeds as 2 separate zip files, one for the main data and the other from the catogories?

Affiliate Manager
    <span class="ev_code_RED">You have questions, I have answers!</span>

1. (loxly) edited to add: Maybe I'll wait a bit, I actually had a sale in June
    <span class="ev_code_RED">Yes, please wait a bit. You should receive an email after a transaction has been linked to your affiliate ID. </span>
    2. (DAK142 & buy_online) Is there a FTP address?
    Sorry but we do not have a FTP address to download from, but if you have a FTP address, please send me a private message and we can upload it to your FTP.

3. (Baertracks) Is this updated feed compatible with the Cusimano script bettym.pl : v4.04.30?
    <span class="ev_code_RED">David Cusimano will be testing out the feed with his script later tonight. Stay tuned for an update.</span>

4. (Tac) Datafeed problem
    <span class="ev_code_RED">We have re-uploaded the datafeed and added text into the last column of the first 3,000+ rows. This should correct the problem you are having.</span>

5. (Jason) Generic Zip file location.
    <span class="ev_code_RED">Thanks for posting where the generic feed is.</span>

6. (Canadian eh) Any other changes?
    <span class="ev_code_RED">In addition to changing prices, adding/removing products, there may be some category changes.</span>

My bettym.pl v4.04.30 script is compatible with the non-compressed datafeeds under "Tools &gt; Get Data Feeds". Select "Download File" for "BettyMills Q3 2004 Master Datafeed Version 3.4.2" (save as datafeed.csv) and "Supplemental Q3-2004 Datafeed 3.4.1 - Categories, Subcategories and Manufacturer" (save as datafeed2.csv).

NOTE: The .zip file appears to have different fields format and is incompatible with the bettym.pl v4.04.30 script. Do not use the .zip file.

Yours truly,
    Cusimano.Com Corporation
    per: David Cusimano
    Affiliate Tools: Datafeed Merge

"Yes, please wait a bit. You should receive an email after a transaction has been linked to your affiliate ID. "

Nope, I don't get emails either

I don't use prices for Betty - she's priceless (Sorry, I couldn't resist).

Fred

David,

We will try and see what the difference in field formats is, and make the compressed file identical to the non-compressed, which it is supposed to be.

In the meantime, if you know offhand of those particular field differences, please let us know as it might provide us a head start.

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Affiliate Manager
    I have uploaded a new and improved version of the generic zip file.

David - when you get a chance, can you please test it out with your script and see if it works.

Thanks for your patience everyone.

I thought I had gone overboard in renaming certain values to reduce space, but I downloaded a fresh copy of the feed and the problem is in the original data.

I am referring to several records in the Sub-Category column entitled "Index" - which will cause grief for any site using index.xxx as the index file name (and depending on how they use the data).

An example record is AVE 5388.

I renamed those field values to "Indexing" to overcome the problem.
    [URL=http://www.netmagellan.com/]Net Magellan blog[/URL]

Same problem with Leather Chairs - same sub-category as Leather Gloves, causing the leather chairs to be inaccessible.
    [URL=http://www.netmagellan.com/]Net Magellan blog[/URL]

Yep, that's probably a condition that may occur in a few places.

Renaming is probably the best solution as you have pointed out.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

19. Newsletter Signup