Thread: BettyMills Datafeed Bonus!

Calling all affiliates,

It's that time again - our NEW Q1-2005 datafeed is ready and it's a whopping blockbuster!

34,000 fast moving products, loads of new product lines- including 65 red hot selling items from King Canopy and over 1,000 more items that will line your pockets with Betty Bucks!

EARLY BIRD BETTY BONUS: Get your feed updated by end of business day Friday, January 21, 2005 (PST) and we will credit your account an additional $25 for January. Just send us an email with a link to your updated datafeed website(s) and include your affiliate ID, and get it to us before the deadline date. ( email us at affiliates@BettyMills.com )

This is our best datafeed catalog yet! Please put the time aside to update as soon as you can, and take advantage of our $25 early bird bonus!

Here is the link to our generic datafeed (just add in your ID) or go directly to our Download Center and download a custom feed.

Let us know if you have any questions!!

Happy Selling!
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

Affiliate Manager
    Last Call! Get your Early Bird Bonus. Offer ends tomorrow, Friday, end of business day (PST). Update your datafeeds for Q1 2005 by Friday and get a $25 Betty Bucks!

ABW Ambassador
    Why do the files in your datafeed change with each update? I have a script that I
    use to put your products on my site, but with each update everything changes and
    then I have to wait until the creator of this script comes out with an update so that
    it will work again. I believe this script uses the generic feed, last quarter when I
    downloaded the feed it contained the files datafeed1_1004.csv and datafeed2_1004.csv. Now this quarter it contains the files directtrack_generic_011405.csv and exactmatch_generic_011495.csv. Earlier last year it contained the files datafeed_category_manuf_generic.csv and datafeed30000_master_generic.csv .
    Now I have to wait for the creator of the script to update it and will not have it up
    for a while yet. If all the files stayed pretty much the same and just the date changed
    in the file names, I would be able to just change it in the script myself and update it.
    But it seems with every update everything completely changes.

It sounds like any change to the name of the data feed file would disable your system. What happens with your other merchants who change the name of their files?

You don't know (understand) the language your scripts are using?

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    The only other datafeeds I use are with shareasale merchants, and they are standard
    with each merchant, I just need to change the name of the field the category is located in with each merchant, some use Custom1, some use Custom2, but the basic datafeed remains the same. Betty Mills only comes out with a new datafeed each quarter,
    but it seems like the whole thing changes each time they have an update. I'm using
    a script that someone else developed. Guess I'll take a look at the datafeed files and
    see if I can figure it out, but I'm thinking about just removing this store from my site. I have enough other datafeeds I can work with.

ABW Ambassador
    I guess what I need to know is, is one of the files in this new datafeed exactly the
    same as the datafeed1_1004.csv file from the datafeed last quarter? I would guess
    it would be the directtrack file, if that is exactly the same as the datafeed1_1004.csv
    file from the last quarter, then I think I could just replace this filename in my script
    and it would probably work alright. But I'm not sure if it is the same file and just a
    different name or not. I haven't really made any sales yet, but my pages are just
    starting to get listed in Yahoo, and I'm starting to get a little traffic now. So don't
    want to make any changes and mess everything up until I know it will work for sure.
    Maybe I'll just wait for the creator of this script to update it.

Edit: I don't mean the exact same file, I know it will be updated with the new
    products, but is it the same type of file with the same fields as the last file.

ABW Ambassador
    Please forgive me if I sound stupid in these posts, I'm pretty new to datafeeds and
    have a lot to learn about them. I've looked at the fields in the new file and it looks
    like some of the field names have changed from the file last quarter, but I think I can
    figure out how to make this work. It just seems to me like it would be much easier
    if the file name inside of the zip file and the fields used would stay the same with each
    update. But I guess this is one good way to learn more about how datafeeds work
    anyway.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't know, maybe the datafeed hasn't changed, and the person that
    created the script has renamed the fields. I think I'll just wait until he
    updates it.

ABW Ambassador
    After looking at the script some more, I think if I just change datafeed1_1004.csv to
    directtrack_generic_011405.csv in one of the files, it should work, will try it later.
    His script is using different field names than what the datafeed is using, which was
    confusing me. Maybe I'll figure this datafeed business out one of these days. I'm done sounding stupid here now, got to go.

ABW Ambassador
    OK, sorry about all of my stupid posts here, there wasn't anything wrong with the
    datafeed. The script was changing the field names to different field names, which was
    confusing me. I figured out what changes I needed to make in the script and have
    gotten my site updated with the new datafeed now.

Good to know it was ok !

Excellent!

ABW Ambassador
    Has anyone else had this problem with the datafeed? I did get the datafeed
    downloaded and added to my site. However, many images that worked in the last
    datafeed, now have no image. I looked inside the directtrack_generic_011405.csv
    file and many of the products have the following url for the image:
    http://www.bettymills.com/store/imag.../small/NOA.JPG

i got yhe feed up the same day it cane out and had no problems at all, images seem fine too.
    dave

ABW Ambassador
    Well, I guess I'll download the datafeed again and see what happens. Just seems
    strange, when I look inside the directtrack_generic_011405.csv file many products
    have http://www.bettymills.com/store/imag.../small/NOA.JPG for the image
    url.

ABW Ambassador
    I've downloaded the datafeed again and I get the same problem. There are 1644
    items in the datafeed that have the following for the ImageURL:
    http://www.bettymills.com/store/images/product/NOA.JPG
    and there are 1644 items that have the following for the ThumbURL:
    http://www.bettymills.com/store/imag.../small/NOA.JPG

This is from the generic datafeed download, from the directtrack_generic_011405.csv
    file.

You can see how some images are missing here:
    http://www.wayneswebb.com/bm/index.pl

These images worked with the datafeeds last year.

i really would not worry about 1644 items without pixs. You have like 30 some thousand items.
    dave

ABW Ambassador
    But these images worked with the last datafeed, and many of them are category
    images, not just product images. Makes my category pages look pretty bad. Just
    wondering why they were removed with this datafeed. I'm not really complaining,
    just wanting to make Betty Mills aware of this. The first page of my site
    with the super categories has 3 out of 16 images gone, there
    were images with the last datafeed.

Has anyone using WebMerge had trouble with the Maintenance & Safety category this time? My supercat-level menu doesn't show all cats (but all underlying pages do exist).

Waybar,

We did do a followup datafeed with some image corrections. The BettyMills Website reflects all those corrections. Please sample a few with missing images on your site and then check it against BettyMills site (use partnumber search)

If your datafeed site has missing images that are also missing on BettyMills website, your ok - there are always some images missing each quarter and yes, they have the NOA.JPG filename, BUT if you find them on BettyMills site, and missing on your site, you don't have the latest feed.

Let us know what you find!

Regards,
    Victor Hanna, The BettyMills Company
    Home of Snack Rewards and the Double Markdown!
    Affiliate Login: http://www.GetBetty.com
    Signup Page: https://getbetty.com/affiliate_signup.aspx
    Home Page BettyMills.com

21. Newsletter Signup