ABW Ambassador
    Just got this in a note from one of my merchants:

"On February 1st, BeFree plans to purge all inactive affiliate accounts with no impressions or clicks generated in the last twelve months."

So if you have a BeFree program on your back burner and don't want to get dropped, better put up a link somewhere to register some activity.

Elisabeth Archambault

ABW Ambassador
    OTOH, those old dogs that you are sick of looking at on your befree stats pages will be GONE!!!

I can't wait to be dropped from some of them. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Or does the note just mean if you haven't shown ANY befree links, you'll be dropped from Befree... and if you have shown ANY befree links, the old dogs will still be there. sigh... I hope it's the first. I'm not worried about the second, I just HOPE HOPE HOPE it's the first.

ABW Ambassador
    My understanding is that affiliates who are inactive for some merchants but not others would be dropped on a merchant-by-merchant basis. Your "dogs" will hang around for 12 months, though!

Elisabeth Archambault

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BeFree must be finding out that their old balance bills get returned in the mail " addressee unknown". Then they find the affilitae enabled URL doesn't have a DNS active number and all former employees hang out at FC.com. Real reason is no one there has figured out how to drop a deadpool merchant so they want to purge their servers with 200+ merchant links/banners that lead nowhere. Like CJ and LS their re-directs don't convert either.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Just an FYI, at Tiger, i will not be dropping any affiliates.

QUOTE]Originally posted by EcomCity.com:
    BeFree must be finding out that their old balance bills get returned in the mail " addressee unknown". Then they find the affilitae enabled URL doesn't have a DNS active number and all former employees hang out at FC.com. Real reason is no one there has figured out how to drop a deadpool merchant so they want to purge their servers with 200+ merchant links/banners that lead nowhere. Like CJ and LS their re-directs don't convert either.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]
    [/QUOTE]

ABW Ambassador
    I wish they would make it easier to drop merchants.

Has anybody ever found even one merchant on reporting.net that actually tracks and reports sales accurately? Every time I think I finally found one, I am soon disappointed.

Befree - a distant 4th out of the 4 major affiliate networks.

Oh what's this?! Looks like Performics is going to give them some company back there.

ABW Ambassador
    My top performer was at BeFree until recently (they're doing their own program now).

And I've been with GoTo/Overture (for my high-traffic site) for a couple of years at BeFree -- they barrel on as well as a .02 per click racehorse can, payments every quarter, without fail.

But in general I don't use BeFree because the interface is just so horrendous. For example,
    last night I was trying to find a merchant I knew was at BeFree... they weren't in the alphabetical list, they weren't in their category... but when I did a search on their name, there they were. Where they're buried in the rest of that interface, I have no idea.

LinkShare is the worst though, simply because it doesn't work in Opera (my browser)... or should I say, it doesn't ALWAYS work in Opera, it does sometimes... rarely.

Don't feel bad, Cedric, LS doesn't always work in IE4 either. But Performics takes the cake for lousy interface. Frames and no keyword search capability, not even that stupid alphabetical list like at BF.

However, I don't put them in the BF category for merchants. Have a couple converting nicely, now will wait to see the check.

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread