Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    ALL,

With the aid of Andy Rodriguez (TigerDirect) we have recruited staff at Reporting.net to address any / all of your concerns with Reporting.net's structure, business, merchants, and/ or payments. I don't know if they [Reporting.net] will be as active as CJ in posting / answering concerns, but if they are they will get their own forum just Like CJ! So Lets not flame ... and build this fantastic opportunity to interact with Reporting.net afforded to us all because of Andy!

Thank you Andy and a big welcome to Reporting.net

Haiko

Thank you, Haiko.

But am I allowed to post here regarding beFree merchants who never pay?

Cheers,
    TianTian

TianTian,

Yes! Have documentation ready for them to look into it. I have a few issues also and I'll be posting them shortly.

Haiko

^bump^

^_^ Bump Again ^_^

Ahem, I'm still waiting for some brave souls to post naughty merchants first. :rolleyes:

Cheers,
    TianTian

Hi all! I'm from Be Free (the company who runs the Affiliate Resource Center - Reporting.net). I'll be stopping by the forum every so often to see if there are questions that I can answer or topics Be Free can shed additioal light onto. Thanks for having us.

First, I'm happy to answer general questions about how things work over at Be Free or about affiliate marketing. It would, however, be inappropriate for me to resolve specific issues you have about our merchant customers in this public forum. If you have customer-specific questions, I'll refer you to our partner support department or help you with the issue 1-to-1 offline if that's OK.

Looking forward to hearing oyur questions!

Best,
    Jennifer

Hi Jennifer,

Oh well, I'll hold off posting naughty merchants for the moment. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

But maybe you can guide me through the payment process at beFree. To be more specific, I'd like to know just how long does it take a merchant to go from "Awaiting Funds" to the next payment stage (whatever that is since I have never received anything from beFree, despite having met the minimum threshold for a couple of merchants there).

Another thing I'd like to know is just when are sales updated at beFree - Real-Time (unlikely) or at the merchant's convenience.

And oh, may I know what's the email addy to use to "resolve specific issues you have about our merchant customers"? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Please note that I won't be able to call anybody up as I'm from Asia.

Cheers,
    TianTian

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Jennifer,

I'm very happy to see BeFree is finally represented here.

You are going to find, as I have, a great group of people here, all looking to make a decent living out of affiliate marketing.

From TigerDirect, welcome aboard !!

quote:
    Originally posted by Be Free Q&A:
    Hi all! I'm from Be Free (the company who runs the Affiliate Resource Center - Reporting.net). I'll be stopping by the forum every so often to see if there are questions that I can answer or topics Be Free can shed additioal light onto. Thanks for having us.

First, I'm happy to answer general questions about how things work over at Be Free or about affiliate marketing. It would, however, be inappropriate for me to resolve specific issues you have about our merchant customers in this public forum. If you have customer-specific questions, I'll refer you to our partner support department or help you with the issue 1-to-1 offline if that's OK.

Looking forward to hearing oyur questions!

Best,
    Jennifer

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Jennifer! Nice to see a voice at BeFree and as an affiliate for 3 years I have my battle scars. Andy is the first affiliate manager at BF who actually has conversed with all his affiliates on a regular basis. Often his merchant concerns like ours get dead ended when hitting that huge bufferzone between affiliate/merchant/network. The new guy at OverStock was also invited by me to post here since their e-catalog and offerings fit well with impulse purchases and they are a top 100 Internet traffic site.
    Here are a few pertinent questions:

When will BF create some kind of EPC type grading system to allow us to pick some winners out of your merchant pool? The Acclaim point markings have nothing to do with conversion ratios and we can waste months of targeting traffic to BF merchants who average 1 sale in every 1500 click throughs.

When will you have a "drop merchant" button so the long dead ones won't show up in my reports?

Why do all your merchants like Dell assume your affiliate commission vouchers are on net 60 day terms. They send out early December announcemments that all commisisons ..no matter how small.. with be paid by Christmas. They still haven't paid for sales commissions over minimums for the periods prior to 11/1/2001.

When will your CEO dictate, like Linkshare did, the requirement that ALL Merchants have a 25.00 minimum paid monthly, since all your PR problems come from non-payment by quarterly merchants with $50-100 minimums?

When will you upfront publish the BF merchants "return day cookies" so we don't get all the one click- one time branders?

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    Welcome befree

One of the things that has made me wary and not add more of your programs to my site has been the difficulty with extra URLs besides my main one I signed up with.
    I find it too time consuming and confusing how I add new programs without having to notify any new merchant I want to join that it is for a specific URL and not the main one etc etc. I find your affiliate control panel, instructions and methods to sign up and manage more than one URL to, change any of my info such as email ( I just had to notify all seperately because of a change) way too much work, and for me open to lots of confusion.
    It was even a chore also to find the BF e mail info because of my confusion in finding info.

I like some of the merchants you have there,and would like to do more with them but have you thought of trying to upgrade and make this a whole lot easier to use.
    Hope you don't think I am belly aching about your program, but maybe others here are the same and can offer some suggestions???

2ND and most importantly. Using front page for creating sites.
    When front page adds in to link code the amp; after the & Does BF track these or not. Does the amp; lose the sale by not being able to track where the visitor come from??????
    WW

PS, No I can't gripe about merchants not paying, first I have to find one that will actually make a sale first [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

WW

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Jennifer,

Excellent points Mike ... The only thing I would add is ... Why is there not a way for Affiliates to contact merchants Directly?

You will gain some great insight from the the affiliate point of view.Most of it is very valid and as Mike pointed out - Alot of us have been around awhile and know what makes affiliate marketing work from both sides.

I hope this is a step in the right direction for Befree ...

Regards,
    Dave

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome, Jennifer! Very glad to have you here.

And let me scond the "drop merchant" button -- I've got one account filled with duds and they just clutter everything up. I'd love to be able to drop them so it's a bit easier to navigate about.

No, it's not an earth-shattering issue, but such a button would be like pulling a splinter... it's amazing what a gross irritant a little thing can be. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

quote:

PS, No I can't gripe about merchants not paying, first I have to find one that will actually make a sale first [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[/QB]

Let me invite you to join TigerDirect.

We have some nice digital cameras your traffic would enjoy using on their next fishing trip.

Then, they can transfer all those pictures to their computer, when they fill up their drive, they can burn onto a DVD....Get the picture?

And we do convert and pay our affiliates through BeFree !!

How soon can I cut you a check?

ABW Ambassador
    Welcome to this forum, BeFree. I've been a member of the BeFree network since the beginning and I do a ton of business with a couple of your merchants. So I'm glad to see you here. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    UMMM ANDY
    Go get a stronger cup of coffee!!!! LMAO
    See my post about confusing control panels???
    Remember my 3 e mails to you couple weeks back to try to figure out the site I wanted your stuff on and if I was approved????

BTW I have put some of your GPS units up on this page fishing page
    I thought you may have seen it I show tiger went through my sites in my stats.
    Great, now we have confused merchants toooo.
    Just kidding Andy, the board needs a bit of levity today.

WW

ABW Ambassador
    Well one GPS anyhow and link to rest anyhow. Think I put a banner on wrestling page too.
    All the wrasslin fans need new toys too. Will add stuff to my other sites soon.

Good idea on cameras Thanks, I ll look into it if I ever get out of here and up date some pages

Let me know if you need special creatives for this or any other item.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?sku=G145-0190

Enjoy !!

quote:
    Originally posted by walleye warrior:
    Well one GPS anyhow and link to rest anyhow. Think I put a banner on wrestling page too.
    All the wrasslin fans need new toys too. Will add stuff to my other sites soon.

Good idea on cameras Thanks, I ll look into it if I ever get out of here and up date some pages

Walleye Warrier:

Here is an answer to your FrontPage question. Please let me know if you still have questions!

Best,
    Jenn

Microsoft FrontPage 2.0/2000
    If you are pasting links generated from Reporting.net into Microsoft FrontPage 2.0/2000, you can avoid this problem in one of two ways.

Microsoft FrontPage adds amp next to all instances of the & character into our code. While this added code (amp and &) may be correctly interpreted and tracked when using Internet Explorer 5.0, it doesn't take into account other browsers or older versions of IE. The suggested resolution is to fix the code and remove the extra additions that have been added by FrontPage.

There are 2 solutions to prevent FrontPage from encoding certain items (e.g. ampersands) into the link code created at Reporting.net.

The easiest way to avoid problems when pasting links using FrontPage is to follow these steps:

Open the FrontPage page editor for the page you want to edit.
    Choose Insert from the main menu.
    Select FrontPage Component.
    A dialog box appears.
    Choose Insert HTML.
    A dialog box appears.
    Paste the link code you want to insert here.
    Click OK.

A manual way to avoid this problem is also available.

Open the FrontPage page editor for the page you want to edit.
    Click the HTML tab at the bottom of the page.

This lets you modify the HTML directly; however, FrontPage will check the HTML you enter and may encode it.

In order to avoid this encoding, add the code using the format below:

< !-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" startspan ---->
    Add your link HTML here
    < !-- webbot bot="HTMLMarkup" endspan ---->

Save your Web page

NOTE: If you add links in either of these ways, they will not appear in the FrontPage editor and will only appear after you preview/publish.

Walleye:

Here is some information about setting up multiple affiliate sites under the same account. I suspect that you already have this information. The reason to contat merchants individually, is that many choose to review ever new site affiliated with their program and may choose to reject sites that are not inline with the guidelines of their program.

Best,
    Jenn

If you have two or more Web sites that you would like to compare for traffic and sales activity, up to 25 additional sites can be added to a single affiliate account. You will be able to create these links under the same user name and password at Reporting.net. When creating links, there will be a new drop-down menu containing all of the sites registered to your account. Simply select the site on which you would like to post a link and create your link.

Furthermore, when viewing reports, the same drop-down menu will appear after you have chosen which type of report you want to view. You will be able to view reports for each site's link activity independently or for all sites' activity on the same report.

It is not necessary to register multiple pages of the same Web site (of the same domain). The multiple site feature is designed for affiliates who maintain different Web sites (with different domains) and want to track each site's activity separately.

You must contact your merchant partners to add URLs to your account. Please be aware that each site will be reviewed. All sites must be in working order and meet the guidelines for each merchant program.

To contact your merchant click Merchant Information in the navigation bar on the left-hand side of this page. Locate your merchant in the list provided. Using the merchant's Support E-mail, contact the merchant and provide all relevant details.

Here is a description of the payment process, as requested by Tian Tian!

Let me know if this sheds some light on how it all works. As far as timing -- the whole process takes 1-3 weeks if all goes on schedule with the merchant.

Each merchant owns and operates its affiliate partner program, and also owns the relationships with its affiliate partners. When you accept the Agreement Terms to become an affiliate partner of any merchant, you enter into a contractual relationship with that merchant, not with Be Free. The data that populates your reports comes from each of your merchant partners, and each merchant is responsible for paying you commissions earned by its links on your Web site.

Be Free provides a check processing service for merchants that choose to have us provide this service for them. Some merchants choose to process their own checks and send them to their affiliate partners themselves. The Payment Processed by field on the Payment Status page shows if Be Free or the merchant is processing the checks. Please be aware that each merchant solely decides whether to approve or deny payment for any of its affiliate partners.

If Be Free's Finance department processes checks for a merchant, the process works in the following manner:

Each merchant compiles vouchers, summaries of affiliate commissions due for a specific payment period.

Each merchant reviews each voucher and approves or denies it.

Each merchants sends its approved vouchers to Be Free's Finance department.

Each merchant wires funds to Be Free (approximately one week is needed for the funds to close).

Be Free's Finance department verifies the funds.

Be Free cuts checks within five business days of receiving approved vouchers and funds.

Be Free mails checks.

TianTian!

You asked about how often Reports are updated...

The amount of time before reports are updated in Reporting.net varies, depending on when the merchant provides report data to Be Free.

Traffic reports are usually updated within 24-48 hours, while sales and revenue reports can take up to 4-5 days to be updated.

Although we set guidlines for merchants that request daily updates, in the end the merchant is responsible for providing traffic and earnings data to Be Free before reports can be updated. As a result certain merchants send their data with lesser frequency.

I'm happy to report that in most cases the Merchants send us files regularly. Especially ACCLAIMED merchants - as timely delivery of files is one of the main criteria for the ACCLAIM Program. For more info on ACCLAIM Visit Reporting.net.

Also, you asked how to get help with merchant-specific issues.

You should always contact your merchant partner directly about an issue first. However, if you are not seeing resolution from the merchant, especially with regard to payment, you should log-in to Reporting.net, click on FastAnswer, and click on the appropriate topic (for example "One of my merchants has not paid me, what do I do?"). Fast Answer will take you through a resolution process online, and if you have not been helped within a few clicks -- your issue will be escalated to a Be Free support asociate who will contact you directly.

Best,
    Jenn

ABW Ambassador
    Here is a followup question I have been trying to get answered for some time now:

You said - "It is not necessary to register multiple pages of the same Web site (of the same domain)."

My question is what if you have sites on different domains? Does this affect tracking in any way (if you do not register the different urls and use reporting.net links tied to that url)?

Thank you for finally giving us an opportunity to get some answers.

Thanks Jenn, you're an angel. :cool:

I'll be checking the FastAnswer later.

But now jimbo2002 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] has got me worried as I have only emailed my best-performing beFree merchants regarding my hosting of their links on multiple domains/sites.

Is such a notification sufficient? Or do I need to sign them up again with a different account and consolidate my multiple sign-ups thereafter...? Or is the consolidation used only for consolidating multiple accounts with different merchants for each account...? :confused:

Oh well, I'm off to the FastAnswer now... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for your answer Jenn. However as stated your whole interface and link problems with front page and basically your info you provided was all the same vague info as found on your site already. I will stay the course and leave my one site as is. I did get Tiger Direct to approve the other two sites but there is nothing there that was put in for tracking or info for the other sites. Hey, I may the only clueless one here right now having this problem, but I am sure there are many others that would benefit with a simplified version. Probably not so simple for befree to re program, but it may be something you want to look at down the road.
    As for front page issue, do you know how far buried that info is on your pages???? VERY VERY DEEP.
    My 2nd and 3rd sites were designed on FP, and I only discovered the problem while trolling deep thru your info pages for some help on these issues.
    Thanks for your prompt answer! I will have put together a more detailed question message privately when time allows so maybe I can finally get things figured out. That info you gave didn't help much but I dont need to keep rehashing it here.

ABW Ambassador
    >>You must contact your merchant partners to add URLs to your account.

Gosh, BeFree, I haven't been doing this. But I have nothing to hide so I figure if they ever do check out the other URL's they'll have no problem. Am I in big trouble for not notifying them of new URL's? I've been adding new URL's for years and not telling anyone, and no one has complained.

Merchants on the other affiliate networks I deal with don't seem to need notification of new or additional URL's. I think the way they look at it is they approve the affiliate ... then it's up to the affiliate to operate their website(s) within the terms of the agreement.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast