2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Merchants like TigerDirect who want their over minimum affiliates paid every month voucher on the first. They sent in payment to BeFree by immediately thereafter. Now on Feb 19th BeFree still shows "awaiting funds" when they have had the TD check since the 5th. I know they do pay after the payment status shows "paid to affiliate" but the float approaches 20 days on millions. maybe that's why they are cash rich. Affiliates are forced to beg for there's from most merchants and I'm tired of that after 2 years of e-mail excuses and buck passing.

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Mike,

FYI -

LAST CHECK INFO. SENT 2/5/02

DATE DATE NUMBER AMOUNT DESCRIPTION :

020102 020502 185695 29777.72 BATCH#29032 FOR JANUARY:

Exactly my thoughts, EcomCity.com, although I have only been waiting half a year, and I don't have an argument with TigerDirect, whom I have not joined/promoted.

I now have 2 out of 4 non-paying Be Free merchants, and with luck, I will get 4 out of 4 end of this quarter. This latest non-paying merchant even had the audacity to email me to look out for their checks soon... :mad:

Along with that other dud, PlugInGo.com, Be Free is the only NON-PAYING NETWORK for me, I have no problems receiveing a check from CJ, LinkShare, Performics, AffiliateWindow or every other indie merchant I have.

From now onwards, I would rather sign up any indie merchant, or promote a LinkShare merchant with a minimum payout at $100 per quarter, or promote a CJ merchant with a 0.00 EPC, than try any other merchant from Be Free.

What a complete waste of time.

Sincerely,
    Wan

quote:
    Originally posted by TianTian:
    Exactly my thoughts, EcomCity.com, although I have only been waiting half a year, and I don't have an argument with TigerDirect, whom I have not joined/promoted.

Wan,

What are you waiting for? Let me know what I need to do to start writing you checks?

Cheers,

TianTian,

Try Tiger....at least you'll get someone to answer your question if there is something that's not working.....

Maybe you could replace your 4 merchants w/ TigerDirect.....

At least, you get people that's already being paid by Tiger...so you can skip the process of selecting a merchant....

Let me flip a coin first.

Seriously though, I shall think about it first (meaning wait and see if any Be Free checks do come my way soon), but thanks XO and Andy anyways. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Hmmm, I even feel so much better now. :confused:

Cheers,
    Wan

After several e-mails and some investigation, BeFree assured me that checks would be cut yesterday before close of business. Seems that the Holiday was the culprit.

Mike, let me know when you recieve or status changes on your voucher report...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Andy and all those concerned. BeFree/Reporting.net now shows TigerDirect's 204.00 is paid and in the mail. They do always send the status "paid" checks like clockwork within 5 days. Dell also has finally paid up on commissions prior to November 2001 at both LS and BF after much begging. Now they are processing December commissions so BF is cracking the whip knowing they soon will have to move to 25.00 minimums and monthly payouts like Linkshare's new merchants who are not grandfathered under the old terms.

[ 02-20-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

Thanks Andy for helping to clarify the Tiger-specific payment question. With regard to the other payment questions, Be Free does not "hold" your money. If the merchant submits funds, we cut the checks. We also help affiliates of delinquent merchants to get paid. In most cases where a merchant isn't paying affiiates or has terminated the program, they also haven't paid Be Free.

I will be the first to recognize that a handful of merchants that didn't pay affiliates the money they earned have created bad feelings and distrust within the industry.

My personal advice to you all is to look for the ACCLAMATION point when signing up for new programs. ACCLAIMED merchants pay monthly and on time. And look for the Active/Advisory status buttons. These can signify a trouble spot with a program.

Although these aren't the end-all-be-all solutions, they are one of our first steps toward helping you find the best programs. We are going to be rolling out additional mechanisms to help you evaluate programs this year.

Best,
    Jenn

I thought I would die of old age first before seeing this on my Be Free payment status report:
    Paid to Affiliate

Wowee!!! I did see it, finally. Altough the cheque will probably take 2 weeks to arrive and another 4-6 weeks to clear (the foreign cheque clearance here is almost as slow as a a cheque getting cut at Be Free ... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), at least I know the merchant is not blatantly cheating me now.

Well done, er, Be Free, I guess. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Cheers,
    TianTian

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread