(This is a duplicate post to one on TigerDirect -- may affect other Be Free programs)

After incorporating the "Dell Clearance Center" banner and links on my site (see Andy's message with that name posted 2-14-02)and testing with several browsers, I discovered that Netscape and Internet Explorer 4.x browsers return a 400 (bad request) error from this link. This is apparently caused by a malformed (due to embedded blanks) redirection URL returned by bfast in the location header. After clicking the link:
    service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=...&bfpage=dell_super_store

bfast sends the following redirection URL to the browser: www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/dell/index.asp?sourceid=...&Dell PC's At Blowout Prices

This needs to end with either:

...Dell+PC's+At+Blowout+Prices

or

...Dell%20PC's%20At%20Blowout%20Prices

to work with older browsers that don't re-URLencode the redirection URLs in the location header. I haven't tried any other TigerDirect links, but this problem could occur in other places. My understanding is that Netscape 4.7 is still the most widely used version of Netscape, and this browser cannot execute the redirection as currently implemented. I think this has to be fixed at the bfast or TigerDirect end of the process.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    For over a year the best sellers at the Dell refurbish/clsoeout pages could only be purchased by phone. No commish. This changed when they went from LS to BeFree but I still see no sales under that category which is their hottest online sellers. Could be a tracking issues as above.

eXpertise2Go:

Thanks for bring this to my attention. I had Be Free's tech support team investigate. They confirmed that problem with the link and are working with TigerDirect to replace the link with a new version on Reporting.net.

Best,
    Jenn

quote:
    Originally posted by eXpertise2Go:
    (This is a duplicate post to one on TigerDirect -- may affect other Be Free programs)

After incorporating the "Dell Clearance Center" banner and links on my site (see Andy's message with that name posted 2-14-02)and testing with several browsers, I discovered that Netscape and Internet Explorer 4.x browsers return a 400 (bad request) error from this link. This is apparently caused by a malformed (due to embedded blanks) redirection URL returned by bfast in the location header. After clicking the link:
    service.bfast.com/bfast/click?bfmid=...&bfpage=dell_super_store

bfast sends the following redirection URL to the browser: www.tigerdirect.com/sectors/dell/index.asp?sour ceid=...&Dell PC's At Blowout Prices

This needs to end with either:

...Dell+PC's+At+Blowout+Prices

or

...Dell%20PC's%20At%20Blowout%20Prices

to work with older browsers that don't re-URLencode the redirection URLs in the location header. I haven't tried any other TigerDirect links, but this problem could occur in other places. My understanding is that Netscape 4.7 is still the most widely used version of Netscape, and this browser cannot execute the redirection as currently implemented. I think this has to be fixed at the bfast or TigerDirect end of the process.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread