Does anyone have tips on how to increase sale and clickthroughs through all my programs at BeFree??

I have a very low click rate but a high view rate. I haven't had a single sale through Befree.

*SIGH*

-ManagerJosh

quote:
    I have a very low click rate but a high view rate

You mean you have only one click in 10000 views but an amazing 10000 views per click ?
    Strange thing...

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I imagine your selection of BeFree merchants must be those 90% who do not report sales activity for anyone but the super affiliates like Gator -ShopNow -TopText/Kazzaa and those con artist "incent" sites who go belly up bilking their members. Those of us who have been using BeFree for years expect silence ...and we sure get it. Haven't heard a peep out of them since the takeover/merger with Value Click. Combining the skinflint management of OnResponse -Value Click and BeFree will never produce payments to mass affiliates. I know Andy's problem this month and he's nieve to think BeFree will release his payment money once the mistakes were corrected 12 days later. I have 9 merchants there who still haven't funded Febuary's commissions due and they don't respond to payment requests or tracking errors. As long as the network bill is paid BeFree puts affiliate commissions on the back burner. Merchant's probably pay "super affiliates" like Gator and ShopNow outside of the system. Your check is in the mail....yada yada yada.

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

[ 04-19-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

[ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

ManagerJosh:

Are you placing links in context? Are you using product-specific links that are relevant to the audience of you site? Have you checked with the merchants to make sure your links are tracking properly? These are all questions you should ask first.

If you can rule out a tracking problem, you should consider trying other merchants or new promotions. The ones you have selected aren't resonating with your site visitors.

Contrary to some people's opinions, Be Free merchants do report sales through the system -- many of them daily. Be Free's affiliates have earned multiple millions of dollars through our systems ... if 90% of our merchants weren't reporting sales this wouldn't be possible.

-- Jenn

Jenn;
    "If you can rule out a tracking problem, you should consider trying other merchants or new promotions. The ones you have selected aren't resonating with your site visitors.

Contrary to some people's opinions, Be Free merchants do report sales through the system -- many of them daily."

We cannot rule out tracking problems ...that is your job Jenn since we have absolutly no control or say in this matter. Soon we will have a say and a web site/forum to pin point the merchant abusers who do not show "secret shopper" purchases. The most competitive merchant area for me is computers and electronics with a ton of affiliate merchants to choose from. TigerDirect after getting BeFree to fix their reporting problem converts very well. IBM hasn't shown a sale in 2 years from traffic I sent them. PcConnection turned OFF their reporting tags for 2 months prior to their exit from BeFree. OverStock converted 1 sale in every 100 clicks from my traffic for 14 months til they announced they were moving to Linkshare. Starting in January it takes over 1000 clicks to genertate a sale.

The 90% of BeFree merchants I was referrring too were those who represented their programs as tops for their shopping categories. Not a one of them has shown a sale over the last year from text links -product displays and banners I placed within their specific main Mall category.

Only you have access to the daily sales meter for the network wide merchant pool. You might for a fee share that with the parasites like Gator and ShopNow/Whenu.com so they don't make the mistakes of choosing major merchants like Ashford and SmartBargains etc etc. We are left at a crap shoot since nothing in an "acclaim" mark has anything to do with conversion rates. The moment you place this type of merchant performance info prior to signup and 6 month testing the sooner you'll get quality affiliates to promote your producing merchants. Rip thta section out of the BF telemarketing sales manual that pushes the fact that a new merchant has 8-9 months before they ever incur costs above the network fees fro traffic.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh:

I have a very low click rate but a high view rate. I haven't had a single sale through Befree.

What are your click through and sales per click rates? The industry average on these things is really quite low. Banner click throughs are often around 1 click for 100+ page views. The conversion to sales ratio is also quite low. I often see 1 to 5 sales for 100 click throughs. At these rates, you have to display about 10000 banners per sale. You might have to have have 100+ click throughs for a sale.

There are programs like adSubtract that speed up browsers by not downloading ads. And pure theft programs like Morpheous that replace your tag with theirs. (BeFree calls companies that send spam to millions, and switch out tags "super affiliates")

There are all sorts of funky things go on with web sites. Like you might see a bunch of page views with no ad impressions. Looking at the logs, you might find that these are robots (googlebot, etc) that are indexing your page.

Finally, there are a ton of dead merchants in the beFree program. It could very well be that you are displaying ads for merchants that dropped the affiliate program and will never, ever pay you a dime no matter how much traffic you send them. This is a merchant by merchant thing.

Since beFree provides no information on which programs actually pay, well, you get to make decisions in the dare, or not run ads for beFree merchants.

I've been showcasing BeFree merchants since they started their program. All required begging to get paid and none, including TigerDirect prior to hiring Andy, had more than ZERO cookie days with all the diversion tricks in their bags. The network beyond the autofeeds to Gator and ShopNow/Whenu and "incent" super affiliate spammers NEVER considered the masses true affiliate publishers ..just part timers to me ignored. ValueClick seems to want to make sure this wall of silence continues. A simple click to sales networkwide performance stat next to every BeFree merchant would tell it all to the world seeking partners to monitize their traffic.

". Banner click throughs are often around 1 click for 100+ page views. The conversion to sales ratio is also quite low. I often see 1 to 5 sales for 100 click throughs. At these rates, you have to display about 10000 banners per sale. You might have to have have 100+ click throughs for a sale."

This figure is too high. The industry average for closing a item sale is 2-4% on new visitors.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread