Anyone know how well they perform? I sent 233 clicks for them from google listings and 0 sales..
    Any other option for their place?
    and what the hell happened to babysheaven at CJ??! :mad:

Babyuniverse just got moved from Acclaimed to Under Review. My experience is that the sales to impressions ratio is much lower than with other merchants. I don't know if this is due to poor reporting by BabyUniverse, but I suspect so as I send very targeted traffic to them.

Yes, seems fishy to me, I may replace them..after 500 or so clicks

thanks for the reply [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I've just put their links back up since the baby's heaven fiasco and it's doing really well. Most sales are around $500 figure whereas with other baby product merchants I could only pull small commissions.

I was with them at cj and had big sales with them, but didn't want to go over to befree when they left cj, but I'm glad I did, the big sale trend is continuing at befree.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm guessing they moved from Acclaim to UnderReview because they didn't pay out last month. grrr... It does appear that Feb payments are now in process -- I guess they'll pay March in May.

I can't make ANY baby merchant hold to the 1:100 sales/clicks ratio and BabyUnivers runs at about 1:213 for me. Yeah, I know, but they're the only ones who have what I'm promoting and I don't spend ANY money promoting them. In fact, I try to never run numbers for that page because it is so depressing. It's one of those pages sitting on the backside of my site somewhere that I never update and if it generates sales, well, great. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

And my average sales are about $78.

[ 05-01-2002: Message edited by: Cedric ]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    "Babyuniverse just got moved from Acclaimed to Under Review." No mystery since I show 9 BF merchants who have "acclaim" status who are on "active advisory" or "reports only". That means they haven't even paid the BeFree bills. None survive these status scores. Merchants like TigerDirect that deserve top 5% of all merchant ratings had to beg for a stupid "acclaim status" mark. My grandkids earn with more effort their kindergarden forehead "stars" ...Befree gives them out automatically if you signup with Gator and shopnow.

Keeping my fingers crossed, just had another $580 sale with them!
    if they fall over, that's it for baby stuff for me!

hm i've sent them 600 clicks and only had 1 sale for $180. also, considering the fact that they are still on the parasiteware list I've decided to change their links with somewhere else probably from cj. i really miss baby's heaven, the times before they stop to convert tho. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Mouse Jockey? Are you using any kind of script or code to keep WhenU off your BbyUniverse links, if I may ask? I can't get them to convert either way and switching all my links to another baby store. On mine, a SaveNow popup appears to get a better price Click Here, which takes them to the WhenU affiliate ID, and of course they get the commission if a sale is made.

Oh for the Good Old Days of Infoseek and no parasites, no popups, no nothing except hard work, long hours and a pretty good income from it.

Totter

Trotter, I'm sure I answered this...must be the tumble but I'm not using anything on the site selling baby stuff.
    I know I should be, but just never got around to it.
    Don't know why people tend to buy the big stuff but I've never had a sale with them under $100 sale. Other baby places are nickle and dime sales and I really don't know why my site seems to be off the radar.
    Sorry Trotter, bit foggy today, will look into it again when I feel a bit stronger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

I got an email from them. I dont know if it's for me or a mass email..
    ----
    You are trying to make money with your website and BabyUniverse would like to help you. You were able to drive us some traffic last month, however, none converted to sales. We continually strive to better the BabyUniverse experience to promote closing these leads and share with our affiliates. However, we understand that not all visitors turn into customers. So we would like to stimulate even more traffic through your sites to better these odds for you. Is there something that we can do to assist you with your BabyUniverse affiliate pages? Do you need new links or perhaps an easier way to update your web site? Should you have any suggestions on how to better promote or incorporate our site, I would be glad to discuss how we can work together.
    ---
    But this doesnt sound honest to me as their name is still on the scumware list. I'll email them about the issue and wait for an answer. I dont want to put thier links on again especially after reading Totter's post.

iucpxleps, We got mailings like that, but worded differently. A friend, also an ABW member, got their emails too, but worded differently than mine or yours.

MouseJockey, if you're doing that well with BU and NOT using any script or code, don't fix it if it "aint broke". Maybe my using the scripts is what's killing me. But I'm still changing all my links to a baby store that doesn't have WhenU or SaveNow popups. YET, at least.

What I still don't understand is, how is WhenU going to be every merchant's Super Affiliate if we all dump them for merchants who aren't with them? Then there won't be any affiliates to steal from and what'll be left?

Sound confused ... I am!

Totter

Trotter, emphasis is now on the "was" doing well, this past week, nothing nada, actually the two new merchants I'd picked up over at befree have fallen in a hole after a sterling start!
    Then again befree doesn't appear to have updated the stats since a couple of days ago!
    Is this normal?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Some merchants there only update onnce a month unless their on quarterly payouts..then once a quarter. It takes time to eliminate all the high commission sales.

quote:
    Originally posted by mousejockey:
    if they fall over, that's it for baby stuff for me!

Mouse Jockey.. I found a new baby store on CJ, looked great, all the things BabysHeaven had, didn't have WhenU or any pop-ups and tested them with a few links and they converted Right Away so I changed everything from BU over to them, and the Next Week the WhenU bar was on, the PopUps were there, and not a single sale from the new store since!

Am so up to ears in changing links for baby stuff ever since BabysHeaven left, I think I'm thru too ... BabyStyle has WhenU even tho they said they're through with them.

So what if the link doesn't go to a WhenU ID#.. if someone clicks, BabyStyle gets a sale as if it went directly to them, not us.

I Think I'll sit at KMart and everytime someone buys something, I'll stick my hand in the CashRegister and say, "Don't Worry, I'm not stealing, I'm from Walmart."

Totter

[ 05-29-2002: Message edited by: Totter ]

lol@ Trotter think I know who your talking about, nice site with some nice things but no sales...so looking for a dog's dinner site that converts, second thoughts might send them all over to nightmarefactory.com and tell them to dress their kids up in costumes, they convert better then baby clothes and no chance of whenu or other parasitewares being on them!

MouseJockey .. did you notice the amazing similarity of that baby site to another baby store on CJ that also doesn't convert? The very top of the pages are almost identical! (banner, logo, whatever, they sure look alike!) Too bad Amazon is on that Morpheus list ... BabiesRus is really the best baby store on the web, but .. ?

Now give me a doggy dinner solution to that!
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Totter

Never thought about it before but now you mention it..... I think I'll start a new movement and try and convince everyone to dress their kids in spiderman, superman and powderpuff girls outfits...lol!
    Think it would work???

Here is an email that I received from BU today:

quote:
    I want to let our affiliates know of our renewed focus on our affiliate program. I have spoken with many of our affiliates to find out what would be helpful to his/her site. I will continue my individual communication to better our partnership with you. Shortly, we will be offering new means to assist our valued affiliates with managing their sites and promoting our products. You will be notified when the new links are available. In addition to the new measures we are implementing, we are attempting to speed commission payments to you. Voucher run dates have been moved up to help you get your money sooner. We have replaced and restructured our affiliate marketing program to avoid any late payments that may have been experienced in the past. Our goal is to be the only baby store merchant that your site needs. We are dedicated to each of our affiliates and welcome any comments to strengthen these partnerships.

Lots of "feel good" verbage, but not alot of substance. Also, nothing about Parasiteware, so they can't be listening too closely to what their affiliates say.

ABW Ambassador
    I got that too. I'm going to email them on this parasite issue. I suggest you do the same. And everyone who got the email should write and complain.

quote:
    I'm going to email them on this parasite issue. I suggest you do the same

I did, hence the comment:

quote:
    Also, nothing about Parasiteware, so they can't be listening too closely to what their affiliates say

I totally agree with this:

quote:
    And everyone who got the email should write and complain

They talk about improving things for affiliates yet continue to be associated with Parasites.

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread