ABW Ambassador
    So I don't have to see "Dealtime" every time I go in to check my stats.

Can't figure out how to dump "merchants" that I don't want to use.

Dealtime
    Just joined them, any insight you might want to share?

ABW Ambassador
    Dealtime! Dealtime! Dealtime!

I'm in a good mood right now and I want to keep it that way. So.....I'll leave this for Mike (EcomCity). He has a special way with words. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Deelz,

The only way to get rid of a merchant at Be Free is to write to the merchant, tell them you are resigning and ask them to remove themselves from your stats.

Sometimes they don't listen. One time I got really angry at one, sent an angry email and demanded to be removed immediately. I was removed within hours.

Tracy

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    The only way to get rid of a merchant

The only way to get rid of this one is to re-format your hard drive. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Here goes today's rant. Dealtime and Smartbargains do not track sales. I suspect they have multiple affiliate network tags on their shopping cart cconfirmation page which negates reporting sales for either network if this is the case. I've written both of them with only the Smartbargains guys responding with the typical cut and paste crap about why they just can't figure out why my 1853 clicks produced ZERO SALES.

In 3 years I have never been able to get any merchant I requested to drop me from their program to follow through on the request. 7 e-mails to Gator starting in 2000 and still no response....ever. So I roast Gator every chance I get. The only list of any value at BeFree is the 318 merchants who shafted affiliates without paying back commissions when they dropped the program. I'm amazed that BeFree hasn't approached WorldCom to launch a new program for them!!

I wasn't worried about sales, I'm more interested in the nickel a click. I'm Using them to help balance my ppc search engine fees.

ABW Ambassador
    Quiet Riot - Instead of the nickel-a-click banner, put in a "click bookmark this page".

You'll get just as many (or more) return visitors as you would nickel clicks.

Here's a new stat that I invented:
    EPR - Earnings Per Returnings.
    Try it out and you'll soon see that return visitors are worth a hell of a lot more than a nickel.

Anybody who clicks through a link to Dealtime from YOUR site will NEVER come back to YOUR site - EVER, EVER again after the popup nightmare that Dealtime subjects them to. There's more than that, but I cannot say it here......that's my rant for today

PS - Thanks Mike

I used to use it for click revenue...but since they refused to pay (it took 6 months to accumulate since they pay only 5 cents/click). All that hard work.....
    I emailed them but no reply.....soo...so long.....

Not sure where I put my banner...but sometimes it's still earning a dime or two ...... but hey.......i will take it down if i find it.

It's a waste of time.....

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, I asked the folks at reporting.net how to withdraw from a program once. They told me to ask the merchant because Befree does not like to deal with affiliates.

Despite the promises, nothing has changed at Befree. It is a business run in secrecy. They purposely try to keep their customers in the dark (why are some programs on advisory? they won't let you in on the secret). In fact they do not recognize affiliates as customers.

Funny,

BFree makes me feel a little like a homeless person that has been paid to wear a "Sandwich Board" with the Merchant's logo and telephone number on it - then asked to walk around town to generate business. At the end of the day, if you have walked enough miles they'll pay you just enough to by dinner, and come back the next day.

Problem is, my shoes are all worn out, and I can't afford to buy new ones with what they pay!

Fred

ABW Ambassador
    BeFree FLAT OUT SUCKS

ABW Ambassador
    Not having a "remove merchant" button shows the absolute stupidity and arrogance of the organization. First the arrogance to think that their little ads are so spiffy that people wouldn't want to drop them. Stupid in that affiliates quickly build up a list of scumbag merchants and get angry every time they log into reporting.net. If I recall, when you add up all of the funding rounds, beFree lost over 95 cents on the dollar when they sold out to Valueclick. You would think someone would be smart enough there to figure out that a 95% loss is an indication that maybe the business plan needs a squidge of fine tuning.

"Yeah, I asked the folks at reporting.net how to withdraw from a program once. They told me to ask the merchant because Befree does not like to deal with affiliates."

Would BeFree survive w/o affiliates?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Dealtime always makes it a point to drop an affiliate before they reach the minimum. If they forget then tthey refuse payment if begged or hounded for affiliate click fraud. The popup hell hole called dealtime alos hides some hidden Gator script Installs and other darkside partnerships. Such a deal ..you get driveby downloads to go with free spamm sandwiches. BeFree loves them since they nurtured them like gator and probably push merchants on them for a fee.

As an earlier post indicated, currently the way to remove a merchant from your Merchant Partners Page and Fast Stats is to email them requesting them to remove you from their program. As you've pointed out, this isn't the most effecient method for you and because of that, we are looking to change this in the near future (I wish we had it now for you!).

So until then, if you have a merchant that you want to be removed from your listings, you will need to contact them. If you need to get their contact information, you can do that by logging on to Reporting.net, clicking on the "Help" button on the left hand nav bar, and then clicking on the "Merchant Contact Information" button.

Again, sorry that it's a pain to remove yourself from a program--but we are working on making it much easier!

Heather

ABW Ambassador
    Since most beFree merchants are garbage. The easiest way to "drop merchants" is simply to sign up a new account and reapply to the one or two that you like. Then you just abandon the old account.

You have to time the move so you don't end up with breakage. It's a hassle, but it's beFree.

19. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread