I keep on hearing that improvements are in the works but would like to know what they are? I currently only bother promoting one merchant total from Be Free because of a variety of reasons which include -

-stats and management tools for affiliates suck
    - "MASSIVE" time waster emailing merchants to be approved for my multiple sites - I am not going to bother - Be Free is inefficient
    - no combined commissions
    - bad reputation and worse with Value Click merger
    -overall - not affiliate friendly
    - have no "trust factor" with Be Free for some reason which also makes me not trust their merchants
    - etc....

I know I am not the only one that feels this way.

I would like to hear exactly what Be Free is doing to improve things and what is the timeline.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

Actually it would be a good idea for other affiliates to list what they don't like about Be Free as well so "hopefully" improvements will be made regarding these problems.

Larry Wentz
    www.AffiliateNetwork.org www.MultipleDomainHosting.net

I can't make any sense out of some of the reporting, like my Ashford reports always show big sales ordered, almost nothing shipped and just a few dollars commission, maybe I'm just unlucky with them :rolleyes:

ABW Ambassador
    Showing a store's EPC would be a good start. Allowing affiliates to drop merchants. Making it easier to link to any page on a merchant's site.

BeFree would also make good in roads if they consolidated payments and allowed direct deposits. I used to test all new sites with about 500 clicks, and I ended up leaving scraps of cash with bad merchants. Why award bad merchants with breakage?

As for reports, I've always found week to week reports to be the most useful in judging usage trends, since they hide daily fluctuations. Months are different lengths.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    BeFree has listened and tested your demands across their merchant pool. The problem is the results show only 3 merchants have better than a 1 sale/500 clicks and many haven't shown a sale during the 10 day test period. Therefore management prefers that no transparency or communication IS THE BEST policy. Summary ...our merchant pool sucks but we break even on our high network fees.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread