ABW Ambassador
    Why is that it is so hard to detrmine cookie durations with them? My guess is that many of their vendors don't have any duration!

I recently signed up with one vendor and after talking with one of their reps - sure enough, there is no duration and they only pay a 5% commision!

I'm new at this but, I'm already getting real close to yank um all unless they take some steps to correct some of the issues outlined in this board by it's affiliates.

You can check the FAQ sections for each merchant, and sometimes the cookie durations are listed there. My experience has been that if you can't find a cookie duration quickly, then assume the worst, and you'll be correct.

As you gain some experience and volume on your site, you'll probably notice that BeFree merchants just don't convert as well as merchants with the other affiliate programs. On the other hand, we have a couple of them that do very well for us. Just be selective and monitor, monitor, monitor.

we should start a list of merchants and their cookie duration or non-existance of cookie here.

ComputerGeeks - 15 days

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Save your breath and web ink on trying to find BeFree merchants beyond TigerDirect -ComputerGeeks or a few others with more than 1 day cookies. I think the parasites like Gator and ShopNow get 360 day cookies on the automatic feed of specials and nightly coupon offers...they demand those extra cookie days and BeFree refuses to post cookie durations since no smart affiliate would sign up with a one day crap shoot!

Those merchants that run a legit program there to spurr sales, not eyeballs, also pay on time. Now even those like TigerDirect get pissed when BeFree hangs onto the monies they sent 6/5/2002 til after the 22nd...go figure!

[ 06-23-2002: Message edited by: EcomCity.com ]

2 Tom
    Please get the name of Your good merchants from befree.

ABW Ambassador
    This is how bad BeFree is:

The only merchant that converts steadily for me there (aside from TD, of course) is the one with the BIG FAT 1-800 NUMBER on every page of its site. When such a merchant is your top converter on a network, something is seriously amiss.

ABW Ambassador
    You have to wonder why a merchant would sign up with BFree when affiliates are always slagging them off. I am only just dipping my toes into BeFree now but conversions are zero - I have no sales with the merchants I have tried.

I suppose if those merchants signed up with CJ, they would have details published.

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Originally posted by perfectG:
    You have to wonder why a merchant would sign up with BFree when affiliates are always slagging them off.

There are very few merchants signing up with BeFree. You can see the new merchants by going to the apply to new merchants screen and doing an advanced search and selecting "New in the Last 4 Weeks". They had three listed when I just looked...that's less than one a week. They mismanaged their program until it has become a synonym of "failure".

Good luck trying to get a response from BeFree merchants on cookie durations. Hardly any list durations in their FAQ's, and the one's I've written inquiring about cookie duration usually give a vague answer!

If they're not brave enough to list their durations than it's probably bad news. I wish BeFree would make them list this information....affiliates would really appreciate this (hint, hint)!!

10. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread