ABW Ambassador
    BeFree is my least favorite of the networks, but i was checking my stats for the month and 581 clicks/ 16 sales. Even had 2 sales out of 22 clicks from Lens Express who in another thread a lot of people said are not converting. I think its more of the matter of which merchants you choose. Some that do convert are Gateway, Tiger Direct, BabyCenter,BestBuy, Boscovs and a few others. There is a lot of room for improvement, like stats on merchant performance, cookie duration etc, but i think if you try some merchants and see if they convert for you, that is the best way to go.

[ 08-22-2002: Message edited by: johnniebry ]

ABW Ambassador
    Of course there are some good merchants at Befree. That does NOT make BeFree a good network.

ABW Ambassador
    I know bad network but some good merchants and don't these merchants just use befree for the tracking software? Many times if you have a problem the best bet is to contact the merchant directly and if you get a bad response, move on to the next one.

ABW Ambassador
    >>I know bad network but some good merchants and don't these merchants just use befree for the tracking software?<<

I'm not sure what your point is... if the NETWORK is problematic, all the "good" merchants in the world won't change that.

It's the problem of building a house on a foundation of sand -- no matter how well you build the house, you've got some fundamental problems that cannot be resolved by patching holes in the roof.

I only use Befree for PETsMART (a good merchant) and TigerDirect (a great merchant). I joined Befree for those two merchants in particular and no others.. I must be affiliated with about 40 merchants at CJ because it's a better system.

ABW Ambassador
    Cedric i agree with you, but i look at the good merchants as being separate* from BeFree in that i get conversions and i get checks. I get conversions and checks from various networks and merchants, BeFree too, its just they are the worst network i agree. I tend to focus more on the merchants, thats who i put on my site, i don't have links to BeFree. They don't have EPC listed, or cookies listed etc, but i've had some merchants from BeFree on my site from awhile and can now separate the good from the bad. Conversions and checks is what i'm looking at.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread