Anyone have good conversion beside these advertisers ?

I has generated approximately 100 clicks and not a single sale.

100 clicks - this not much. But I have very good traffic from google on requests like
    [ loose diamond sale ]
    [ design your own engagement ring ]
    etc.

Did BeFree drop Gator?

When the shoe fits the foot is forgotten
    When the belt fits the belly is forgotten
    When the heart is right "for" and "against" are forgotten. - Chuang Tzu

Outsourced Program Manager Chris -  AMWSO's Avatar
    Hi,

I would say that unless you're running a targeted theme site then expect a conversion of around 1 in 200 - 300 for diamonds and high end jewelry.

Our top 10 affiliates average around 1 in 100, though we have one well impressive Affiliate at 1 in 16 Though I think this more one off than reality.

The upside of lower conversion is a higher rate sale value, our average commission right now is $99 per order.

World of Watches in my opinion should be converting better than diamonds, the products are more mundane and more commonly bought.

Diamond.com 1 in 100 would be good, remember that diamonds are generally not fast to ship if they are to be mounted and if like us Diamond.com are posting commission upon shipping you can expect a delay of 3 to 6 weeks to see the results.

Please pop on down to the Mondera forum to chat more about selling diamonds..especially Mondera ones [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson
    Mondera Partner Management
    Mondera : Click Here
    Mondera Partner Support Zone : Click Here

Web Studio-1 Solutions Co., Ltd : Click Here
    Microsoft Certified Partner
    Affiliate Management and Marketing Solutions

Have you noticed the toll free number on each page of Worldofwatches?
    The 800 number is everywhere on each page of the site.

Hi Affiliate

So does Mondera... would you want to plonk down $4,000 US for a ring without first talking to someone? Or pay with a credit card? Most people want to talk and pay by wire...does this effect sales tracking...on Mondera no...80% of our orders are done by phone for diamonds, for these guys I'd not know but I'd not say "800" number = crook to any site without 100% cast in iron proof, it's basic CRM, you don't ask your customers to pay for the phone call, you don't hide your contact details...both promote distrust and lower conversion.

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

When I wrote my post, I was not mentioning Mondera. I am sure that there is a way that you track affiliate commissions - probably the ref number beneath the 800 number.

Whereas your tracking number consists of 6 digits, and is visible on your web site, Worldofwatches does not have the same policy. They do have a Reference Code (bottom of the page), but the affiliate code is so long that nobody would care to read it (provided that they find it first [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] )

This is a typical reference code for Worldofwatches: Reference Code: WWAFFPRGAP******

Note that the 800 number appears on the top and the bottom of the page. The ref code appears on the bottom only. If you were the customer, would you care to read that code?

Hi Affiliate,

A few things to consider. I can only present the Mondera side of how we do it though [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

1. Mondera CR reps are REQUIRED to request the spource code from the customer, it is a required field in the DB and an order can not be entered without it. I would imagine that most sites have this as a requirement else they would lose more than just their affiliate partners source info

2. Of the 80% of orders that go through the phone, many are still completed via the front end and then the transaction is completed via phone so the tracking code is stored anyway. I would imagine the same happens on a lot of sites with high end products.

3. The Linkshare code as with Be Free is Loooong, and you are right it is easy for the customer to get it wrong or just say "can't find it", so we convert them to short 6 digit numbers which convert back in the DB to the original code which is stored server side. The BF code is shorter than LS and if the CR rep is "helpful" then there is no reason why WoW or Dia should lose the codes...as I said above, they need them for marketing info on ROI and ROAS.

Do WoW and Dia do the same, no idea. But I think talking to acive long term affiliates would be prudent before saying they don't track partner orders correctly [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

....then again I do wonder why I'm defending two sites that are in the same area as Mondera...probably cause you'll be on the Mondera forum next with that 800 comment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

quote:
    Originally posted by Chris - Mondera/WSO:

....then again I do wonder why I'm defending two sites that are in the same area as Mondera...probably cause you'll be on the Mondera forum next with that 800 comment [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hello,

If you re-read my first posts, you will notice that I didn't mention Mondera in it. The post was directed at Worldofwatches.

If you re-read my second post (the one to your reply), you will notice that I mentioned that Mondera used a different technique from WoW.

Third, I substantiated my posts, so I really see no reason for that remark.

Hi Affiliate

Never said you did... I think you maybe missed the three smiley faces..ha ha joke.... No..missed it...ah well..its late here maybe my humour is getting twisted up [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

ABW Ambassador
    Excellent response Chris and..... I appreciate knowing the info regarding the 800 number and.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] I didn't take any offense to your statements.

Hi HappyMoon,

My pleasure, my underlying point was that 800 number does not automatically mean "bad" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

right bed time for me...tis late in the land of smiles [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cheers

Chris

Chris Sanderson

ABW Ambassador
    I am getting a rather pleasant conversion rate from World of Watches.

The 800 number disturbs me, I can't help but think that for every sale I get commission credit for, there may well be 4 or 5 that I don't get.

The two kickers are these:

1) The sales I get paid for are substantial enough $$$ that I would be STUPID to just pull their links. I need to feed my kids.

2) Their prices and selection are second to none. If shoppers don't buy through my links, they'll buy through someone else's.

I would really like to see World of Watches here at ABW. (hint,hint, HAIKO!)

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'd promote WoW since Overstock is often sold out of individual product links and has no real sub-category landing page. My problem is that they do not publish cookie days ( hurts conversions) and average # of clicks to produce one sale across all network affiliates we can't tell if they convert for our traffic levels. I'm tired of settingg up a section for a BeFree merchant with text -product banners Ads and give them exposure in various leadin sections like the front page ...and get squatt on 500+ hits. Takes me 3 months just to try out a BF merchant and I often leave up most of the non-producer links for 6-9 months. That sucks for everyone but the merchant raking in the dough on expired cookie links and e-mail followup ..plus 800# sales.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    A few FYI tidbits:

1) Mike, they DO publish cookie days. If you could access your stats you would see that.

2) I recently express concern about an element on their site that could be construed as diversionary to crediting affiliates with sales commissions. Shortly thereafter, this "element" was removed from their site. I take it as a very good sign that any merchant would take positive action in response to the concerns of a little guy like me.

3) The World of Watches man has alluded to some interest in ABW, we may very well be hearing from him here soon. We've got his attention.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

Chris,

Thanks for that info, its great to know you're on top of this and have a good solution to affiliate referals online versus phone orders after the initial referal. Keep up the good work!

Seiko is a major brand, and if you have watch purchasers visiting your site they may very well want to shop for a Seiko.

However, the World of Watches has a special twist for their Seiko watches. They give "Your Price" but then, for each Seiko watch, they have a link which says, "Click to see a special price." And when you click on it, a popup box asks for your e-mail address, and they will "instantly" send you a special price quote. Or, you can call the 800 number and get your price right then. Either way, it looks like their affiliates lose sales credit for these purchases.

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Seiko,like Sony, hates gray marketing practices by unauthorized distributors. The way around this e-mail diversion is to place a notice on our own sites that if shoppers are looking for discounted Seiko watches ...click here! Place a text link to Overstocks Seiko watch page where all prices are shown.

WebMaster Mike

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    for discounted Seiko watches ...click here! Place a text link to Overstocks Seiko watch page

Mike you sly dog, you! That's why you get checks in the mail every month.

The ultra-sensitives who choose ignore you because of your prosaic style must continue to save up deposit bottles to buy their next pack of macaroni and cheese for Sunday dinner.

AS SEEN ON SE!!!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread