Has anyone had any success with the Gap or Old Navy programs? I don't see any discussions on these merchants and wonder if it is even worth applying to them.

Also, I got turned down by one of them over a year ago when my site was not fully developed, how could I reapply since they don't show up in my BeFree account as an option anymore [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]?

Both rejected me. To heck with them, I'll take my business elsewhere

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    I'm getting tired of changing out the banners of these 2 along with Delias* and Brooksbrothers. Thank God LL Bean dropped me. I think my shoppers buy at Goodwill thrift shops.

WebMaster Mike

Nothing stellar in terms of total sales, but they both do ok for me, and they do pay timely on commissions owed.

ABW Ambassador
    DROP EVERYTHING TO DO WITH BESCREWED~!

ABW Ambassador
    Any trick to getting accepted? We have had no luck round #1...

Ideas?

Both rejected me too.. reason - have to have a US postal address.. haha too funny, I mean like how could I make a sale online without a US postal address.. I think they need a new affiliate manager [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

ABW Ambassador
    I have both of them, both convert but they only pay 4% commish so don't expect to make much. I was rejected too at first and you can't reapply using the same account login. You can just open another one and apply again. I have a few accounts, if you get rejected you can always apply with another accout. I don't like BeFree but its always been customers(site visitors)first so thats why i carry them.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

Good stuff, thanks for the info.

I can't believe a merchant would only offer its affiliates 4%! I think this just goes to show how a merchant does not really care about rewarding those who bring them sales.

ABW Ambassador
    Any tactics for getting into the program the 2nd time around?

ABW Ambassador
    Not so much a tactic, i think sometimes merchants have more than 1 person looking at sites and approving them. And if you get turned down by a merchant you really want, write a nice e-mail and that usually does the trick. The way we feel when a merchant takes the time out to contact us or help us out personally, i think they feel the same way.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

ABW Ambassador
    I had no success with Gap and hated trying to work with them. Their links sucked and even if you picked a gap kids link it wouldn't take you thier. This has been a while back but I hated them so much I pulled them from my maternity page when I only had two vendors! Now thats hatred!

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Forgot about the Baby Gap banner and product links. Just checked the stats and zip in last 9 months. They must sell only slightly used diaper pails or the Mom's just return the clothes when the kids out grow them.

On a side note. Watch out wasting time on holiday sales for merchants who sell online with local store pickup feature. All those types showed zip last year during the rush. I think they tag those sales for reversals or purging from their batch files.

WebMaster Mike

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread