Some of you have probably seen me lurking for a week or so, but I thought I'd let Steve
    respond to the recent issues before jumping in and causing confusion. And before I do start posting, I just wanted to declare myself first.

I'll continue to let Steve address the Gator issues, but I'd like to address other
    questions you have. There are some questions out there already and I'll try to get to
    the receont ones. In short, I'm here to help.

I'll see you around.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Does that mean You'll take care of the eBates issue? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I'm glad to hear that you'll keep lurking around, but I'd correct one of your statements above:

You are not here to HELP. You are here to listen and beHelped! So that your network becomes competitive (in eyes of the beholders)

- BluesX

---------------
    Affiliate Marketing is built upon honesty. Tracking is not affected.

quote:
    You are not here to HELP. You are here to listen and beHelped! So that your network becomes competitive (in eyes of the beholders)

Fair enough. I hope it will go both ways -- I didn't mean to imply otherwise.

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Andy Rodriguez's Avatar
    Scott,

Welcome....

You will find a lively bunch here. They are all willing to help. They may express themselves in a different manner, but the bottom line is they want to make BF another option where they feel they can go and make money.

Thanks for being here...

Andy Rodriguez,
    Online Advertising / Affiliate Marketing Manager

TigerDirect.com
    P: (305) 415-2313
    E: andy.rodriguez@tigerdirect.com
    AIM: miamitigercub

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Welcome Scott and we're all glad your here to cover the general issues that seem to plague certain BeFree merchants. Keeping top performing merchants within the flock at BeFree is important to us who have been there since the beginning. As TigerDirect has proved ..a good AM together with a viable discounted product line, backed by a company's commitment to push sales through the affiliate channel, works.

Merchant's have a great responsibility to assure every single referral sale gets tracked to your reporting interface. If done correctly BeFree catches all the sales. Many of your merchants have a total advertising bent and are not concerned with sales ..only hits from affiliate links. Step one is to have you personally monitor networkwide reports to assure all your merchant partners are reporting sales. A red flag should go up when a merchant shows 5,000 clicks and no sales...let alone 100,000 clicks and no sales. We get paid squatt for pushing impressions and clicks!

If a merchant like Dell.com can't improve conversions for regular affiliates and resort to using deals with parasites and folks like eBates exclusively they should run a private program. Aggregrators like Global Sports need a serious looking at since their reporting interface is full of holes hurting merchants like Ashford and Fogdog. You don't have to look at the big picture ..you have to look at the poor performers by cutting out the Duperaffiliate stats and seeing what's left over for us. Those Dupers will fold in time (look at the layoffs amongst UCE spammers and legal suits on the whole group). All their activities hurt the base affiliate's conversions by distracting our shoppers at the point of sale. Building trust in our group, the small site owners and professional emarketers, will assure your base of 200,000 doesn't get thrown away when those 10 Dupers start to fold.

WebMaster Mike

quote:
    Welcome Scott and we're all glad your here to cover the general issues that seem to plague certain BeFree merchants.

thanks.

quote:

Step one is to have you personally monitor networkwide reports to assure all your merchant partners are reporting sales. A red flag should go up when a merchant shows 5,000 clicks and no sales...let alone 100,000 clicks and no sales. We get paid squatt for pushing impressions and clicks!

We are doing this. And we're all over any merchant who lapses in reporting sales. As you imagine, it's easy to catch the zero sales incidents. These incidents do happen and when they do, it's usually the nightly transfer of the sales info that was missed. (Remember, more than half of our merchants do batch reporting of sales.) These do get loaded up in the following day or two.

Fixing merchant order file problems is one of the very top things that we focus on. That's for example why we developed and launched a conversion tag method of tracking earlier this year. We implement nearly all new merchants with that tracking method and push hard on the merchants who have problems sending us a nightly file to convert over to that tracking.

If it were easy, that list of merchants with tracking problems wouldn't be so large. We're actively looking at other ways than simply checking for zero sales after the fact to identify problems.

quote:

Building trust in our group, the small site owners and professional emarketers, will assure your base of 200,000 doesn't get thrown away when those 10 Dupers start to fold.

I hear you Mike. I hope I can do that.

I won't put specific merchants through the ringer here in public, but if you have specific issues, PM or email me and we'll get them looked at.

Thanks for the feedback.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread