Yep, another merchant that is not deactivated from BeFree without even getting an email or notice.

What about commissions you might ask? Ha ha you fool. Thanks for driving FREE traffic and sales to Gifts.com

Have a nice day.

Holy crap! This is disappointing. When did this happen? Why were we not notified? Are these naive questions? Come on BeFree, how hard is it to notify affiliates? It can't be that hard to send an automated message can it?

Sal @ PHATBargains.com

As is the case with any terminating merchant, we post a notice like the following in their branded area of reporting.net along with their contact information as well as place the merchant on "active/advisory" status. You should check the branded area of any "active/advisory" status or "reports only" merchant for details like this.
    quote:

Attention gifts.com Affiliate!

Effective March 18, 2002, gifts.com will terminate its Affiliate Program through Be Free.

Be Free will continue to provide you with access to your gifts.com account on Reporting.net for 30 business days after March 18, 2002. During this time, you may want to:

1) Log onto Reporting.net and print a copy of any relevant information, including the payment status page, reports detailing any commissions owed to you by gifts.com and a copy of the Affiliate Agreement or Agreement Terms. Commissions will be paid on orders placed through March 18, 2002 and will be distributed in early April, 2002.

2) Remove all links and corresponding references to gifts.com from your web site. NOTE: Banners will be disabled after March 18.

3) Address any affiliate program issues, commission payment inquiries, etc. to affiliatessupport@gifts.com. Your recourse for any outstanding commission payments is exclusively with gifts.com.

We thank you for your past business association with gifts.com.

This notice has been there probably since March. It says that we're going to leave it up for 30 days, but in this case and others, it was longer probably as we were trying to work with them to communicate to and pay affiliates.

I'm not sure if they did send an email to their affiliates. Be Free is actually not able to directly email all of the affiliates of merchant programs, as the merchant owns the relationship (sometimes exclusively), which is why always at least post this notice in reporting.net along with the status change.

If you were left without payment, you can either contact the merchant (I can give you that info) or contact help@befree.com for specifics on how they left things with the merchant.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

[This message was edited by Scott - Be Free on September 20, 2002 at 02:32 AM.]

Scott,

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly, but if a merchant is placed in the "active/advisory status" does this mean that they are basically leaving BeFree and we should probably not expect to receive any payments for sales on links that are still active, thus we should remove links ASAP?

ABW Ambassador
    According to the above post, they stopped March 18, so i would remove the links immediately. Anytime i see the word "advisory" thats automactic removal of links for me.

May all your ups and downs be in bed

I received the final notice of this program via email end of February/Beginning of March. Perhaps your email wasn't up to date with them or something.

I did recieve all money owed also even though I hadn't hit the minimum payment level at the time.

Heidi
    Fit2a-t: The Center of the T-shirt Universe!

Wtjpm,

There are several reasons that a merchant may be placed on active/advisory, one of which is that the merchant has given their termination notice. All the reasons are listed in reporting.net -- they're all bad.

This is our way of telling you that something is not right and that you should keep a close eye, perhaps even contact the merchant, etc. It's not possible for us to publically disclose specific business information of our merchants, so we can't come out and say that for example they've served us a termination notice.

That status does not mean you won't get paid. Many merchants terminate cleanly and pay their affiliates before closing down. Unfortunately some merchants get themselves into a bind and can't pay anybody anything.

We don't give that status out lightly, so you should take notice when it appears.

Heidi, thanks for jumping in with that. That's what happens when merchants do take care of things. They change the threshold and cash out, so to speak.

--scott

--
    Scott Jangro
    sjangro@befree.com

Hmm.. it appears to be a catalog City site if you go into the About page.

Меня зовут Динаму

9. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread